Buckxell

Magic man taking over Gilman role

Did you watch the match live?  It was absolutely brutal. I really hope the performance was due to some combination of: Injuries impacting his preparation, having his mind on football instead of training, and having gone through a brutal folkstyle season/being burned out.  I hope Taylor's tweet lit a fire in him though..Would love to see him get some experience at some top world tournaments this upcoming year.  

I did not, but these guys don't make it to the semis without a combination of a lot of skill and a good amount of luck. For most guys, it's a toss. Haven't we already learned this with wrestling over and over and over again?

I did not, but these guys don't make it to the semis without a combination of a lot of skill and a good amount of luck. For most guys, it's a toss. Haven't we already learned this with wrestling over and over and over again?

With the way the brackets are drawn, the best wrestlers don't always make the semis.  Taylor's comment was in poor taste, but it was 100% accurate. That draw was a gift, and he had no business losing to that guy in the semis. Cox wasn't the same wrestler as he was last year in the semis match...Rio Cox wins comfortably (obviously a close score, but in control the entire time).  He also almost got teched in his quarters match to the Campbell wrestler from Finland before outclassing him.  

Apparently DT has been whining about the WTT matches when he is a clinician at camps too. doesn't seem like he's doing a very good job of moving on.

Fine line between whining about it and giving his view on it when asked a question. I don't see him going out of his way to make sure everyone hears his sob story, but if asked I'm sure he's not going to sugar coat his view on it.

I've got a feeling DTbisngonna get a talkin' to by some higher ups....

Not sure if anyone else posted this (I scrolled fast....) but Gadsen threw some serious SHADE his way

(Ok - my nephews are trying to teach me the correct way to use that - I have no clue if I did it right)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Fine line between whining about it and giving his view on it when asked a question. I don't see him going out of his way to make sure everyone hears his sob story, but if asked I'm sure he's not going to sugar coat his view on it.

He went out of his way to say something today, and you don't have to be freud to know his motivation.

Apparently DT has been whining about the WTT matches when he is a clinician at camps too. doesn't seem like he's doing a very good job of moving on.

That actually sounds troubling.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Taylors comment ranks right up there with Dake's "what an idiot".

Maybe a self fullfilling prophecy by Taylor when implying zaddick may of wanted cox instead of him.. Jden certainly a better team mate.

Has he retracted any of his tweet?

Taylors comment ranks right up there with Dake's "what an idiot".

Maybe a self fullfilling prophecy by Taylor when implying zaddick may of wanted cox instead of him.. Jden certainly a better team mate.

Has he retracted any of his tweet?

Hey I somehow missed the Dake comment. Could you expound on the context? Thanks in advance.

Talking with people who were in attendance at the camp it wasn't a motivating story or talking about overcoming difficult circumstances. It was awkward venting to 5th-12th graders that made many people in the room feel almost uncomfortable.

Hey I somehow missed the Dake comment. Could you expound on the context? Thanks in advance.

NYUM, I think he is referring to after dake beat molinaro in the ncaa finals and after the match flo was recording him in the tunnel and I think it was spates asked "can you believe he chose down?" And dake said something along the lines of "I know, what an idiot". It was awhile go so hard to remember, but I don't remember anyone making a big deal about it. Dake didn't know he was being recorded.

Edited by OhioSpladle

Turning into the villain from his Twitter comments.

I am disappointed in his comments and he should have been smarter and more gracious.  We all make mistakes, he has made his share, too.  This said, he passes the eye test to me and seems like a decent guy.  Overall, he has represented himself and wrestling well, and I am sure he is having regrets about his comments.  

Sooner or later a lot of these guys will be at a training center together and Taylor will have to explain himself to all of them.  You think guys like Snyder and Burroughs might have a few words for Taylor?  DT should have already apologized privately, publicly and in terms that make clear he recognizes how wrong his conduct was.  There's no justification for his tweet.

And Cox wrestled pretty dmn well for a guy who didn't get to practice a whole lot so his knee could heal.  

Sooner or later a lot of these guys will be at a training center together and Taylor will have to explain himself to all of them. You think guys like Snyder and Burroughs might have a few words for Taylor? DT should have already apologized privately, publicly and in terms that make clear he recognizes how wrong his conduct was. There's no justification for his tweet.

And Cox wrestled pretty dmn well for a guy who didn't get to practice a whole lot so his knee could heal.

Snyder doesn't strike me as the type to address this. He is an inspiration for the team, but from what I understand, this is still burroughs department.

Snyder is a team leader, but he is also much younger than DT.

NYUM, I think he is referring to after dake beat molinaro in the ncaa finals and after the match flo was recording him in the tunnel and I think it was spates asked "can you believe he chose down?" And dake said something along the lines of "I know, what an idiot". It was awhile go so hard to remember, but I don't remember anyone making a big deal about it. Dake didn't know he was being recorded.

Yep, definitely not a big deal..

http://www.flowrestling.org/video/478027-dake-celebration%C2%A0

I am expecting, at some point in time, Dake to say in a post match interview:

"And then this one time! At band camp!"

These guys are not on a team.  They are individual representatives of the USA who spend most of the year trying to kill each other and a weekend per year rooting for each other.  No way does any wrestler go talk to Taylor.  

They will all have a lower opinion of Taylor and that will be the end of it.  

DT has more class in his pinky nail than Gillman will ever have. He said one thing... get over it.

He behaved like a 10 year old after losing to cox, and the tweet shows he's still sore.

What did Gilman do that would lead you to make this statement?