Gantry

MFS Day 2

70kg Navruzov vs Chamizo first match, with the winner probably getting Ganzorig in the quarters. Green should walk into the Semis and at least 1 of these guys isn't getting a medal. This weight is unreal.

Green got an awesome draw. Chamizo and Navruzov are the biggest threats, and he will only face one of them. Yay

I predicted JB will win the bronze. But a couple of things. First the US has overperformed. Makes me wonder if certain years are more competitive than others, especially in a post Olympic year. If this was the Olympics I would feel strongly about the bronze prediction. But here we have a super motivated JB off a brutal Rio games. Should I upgrade to silver? Or gold? I'll stay with bronze but my Spidey senses are tingling.  

Edited by straggler

I believe it's been speculated that post Olympic years are generally the most shallow, but I'm not sure if there's facts to actually back that up.

Well the closest we came to winning the team title was in 2003 and 2011. That would be both right before the Olympics. I don't think it is true much. Yes some greats do retire but I think the level is still the same no matter the year!!