Gantry

MFS Day 2

Clutch is performing above your ability, Satiev was not as much clutch, just better than everyone else.

Snyder is more clutch than JB because he beats wrestlers he has lost to at the big meets. 

JB has almost no losses.. I can think of four.

Clutch has nothing to do with performing above your ability.  It has to do with coming through when it matters most.  Always winning is clutch.

Someone mentioned above a quiet hope that JB puts his shoes on the mat.  No way.  He is a freaking leader on this team and is on track to be the GOAT for USA wrestling.  Plus, he is primed to be a key leader for some amazing US Men's freestyle teams with the new weight classes.  He's a beast and we need him.

I understand this sentiment, after all he has achieved, I would hate to see a slow fade.  There was a small part of me that would have like to see Brady retire after last year's Super bowl

Who the hell is complaining or saying Burroughs is done or not that good anymore?  Dude just won his 5th world/Olympic gold medal.  I have no doubt that he's going to go through this quad and win more.  Oh but he won't be great until he ties or beats John Smith.  Well John Smith didn't have another dozen or so Russian countries to deal with when he was wrestling.  Not that what Smith did was easy (it wasn't), but Burroughs winning consistently like this is incredible.  He's made 7 world or Olympic teams and won gold 5 times and a bronze once.  That's pretty damn impressive.  

I think green is 1-0 in the series, no?

He does have a win over him. But Chamizo has ridiculous scrambling and some nasty game changing scores he will definitely try, so it not going to be a straight forward match for Green. Hopefully Chamizo being up from his previous title runs weight will nullify some of that. Edited by MadMardigain

By clutch, I mean comes from behind or gets the takedown or step out or whatever he needs when he needs it. Going all the way back to his first world championship down a period to tsargush, down a period to aliev and behind to goudarzi only to win it all. First Olympic gold medal the same thing. Coming back after an injury to get the bronze. His only bad performance in seven tournaments was at last year's Olympics. He lost a close match to Gedroidev which is no shame. And anybody knew that with all the pressure on him battling back for the bronze was an iffy proposition at best. Clutch in my book

Who the hell is complaining or saying Burroughs is done or not that good anymore?  Dude just won his 5th world/Olympic gold medal.  I have no doubt that he's going to go through this quad and win more.  Oh but he won't be great until he ties or beats John Smith.  Well John Smith didn't have another dozen or so Russian countries to deal with when he was wrestling.  Not that what Smith did was easy (it wasn't), but Burroughs winning consistently like this is incredible.  He's made 7 world or Olympic teams and won gold 5 times and a bronze once.  That's pretty damn impressive.  

Exactly. The balkanization of Russia is a thing. Also weight class(count) reduction?

JB gold 2011, 2012, 2013, 2015 and 2017. Bronze 2014. DNP 2016.

Exactly. Other than a Saitev, Smith or Fadzaev, whose results are better than that. Only one time in seven tries has he not medaled and that was only because he lost to an outstanding wrestler by one point and then laid an egg in the wrestle backs

But Smith won every match he needed to for Gold.  That would make him even more clutch since he was best when it mattered.

I didn't read anywhere where we said Smith wasn't clutch himself or even more clutch. I'm just saying that JB is

Clutch has nothing to do with performing above your ability.  It has to do with coming through when it matters most.  Always winning is clutch.

You are 100% correct. Has nothing to do with performing above your abilities or whatever. By definition it is occurring at a critical situation in a game or a match or when a game or match is at stake