Sign in to follow this  
FreezeWrestling

Cox Fires Back at Taylor!

Is that really what he said? Lol

Lets be honest Taylor has a better shot at Gold ie beating Yazdani than Cox does. Let's be honest. Cox will go 198-his best weight once the emotional barbing stops between these two and Taylor will be at 187. That is best for our team. I mean cmon we could have:

Gilman

Stieber

Zain

Green

Jordan

Dake

Taylor

Cox

Snyder

Gwiz

Great team!

Edited by PRyan2012

Lets be honest Taylor has a better shot at Gold ie beating Yazdani than Cox does. Let's be honest. Cox will go 198-his best weight once the emotional barbing stops between these two and Taylor will be at 187. That is best for our team. I mean cmon we could have:

Gilman

Stieber

Zain

Green

Jordan

Dake

Taylor

Cox

Snyder

Gwiz

Great team!

Taylor has to wrestle at the worlds once to presume he was a better shot than Cox.  He beat Yaz late after almost getting teched early and it was a practice match with no mental pressure compared to worlds.  

Gilman

Stieber

Zain

Green

Jordan

Dake

Taylor

Cox

Snyder

Gwiz

Great team!

Taylor has the best chance at Gold in what?  A twitter feud?  Cox has won medals in the weight class Taylor can't make the team in the last two years.  

Taylor has to wrestle at the worlds once to presume he was a better shot than Cox.  He beat Yaz late after almost getting teched early and it was a practice match with no mental pressure compared to worlds.

I don't buy that. The world cup is a major event and Yazdani beat all the other guys there. But you are right worlds do matter much more but these guys want to win all major events. We will have to wait until 2020 for these two to wrestle again.

Edited by PRyan2012

I don't buy that. The world cup is a major event and Yazdani beat all the other guys there. But you are right worlds to matter much more but these guys want to win all major events. We will have to wait until 2020 for these two to wrestle again.

Don't buy what?  Taylor has yet to wrestle someone outside of the USA that gameplans for him. Cox has.  Taylor has flashes. We know that. But he has lapses too.  I'd wager money on Yazdani in a rematch in a match that counts.  At this point, IMO, Cox is better than Taylor on a consistent basis, with Taylor having bigger flashes up and down.  

USA wrestling won't do that or at least enforce it. Sadulaev will be at 92 next season, so whoever is at 86 is likely a little better off with yaz (maybe not).

As for Taylor winning gold, you do realize he was a caution away from getting dq'd before yaz lost every ounce of energy he had, right? Yaz has filled in a little more and in obviously better shape now. He would finish that tech on Taylor then tweet him a photo with his arm raised over a crying david.

Kids? David Taylor is 26 and J'Den is 22. They are grown men.

Most Americans these days don't ACT like grown ups til they are much older than that though. The tweets are proof. Physically these two were grown men a long time ago. 

Edited by Fishhook

I don't buy that. The world cup is a major event and Yazdani beat all the other guys there. But you are right worlds to matter much more but these guys want to win all major events. We will have to wait until 2020 for these two to wrestle again.

Of course they all want to win, but other countries don't peak for events other than worlds/olympics. And Yaz clearly gassed and was still trying to get used to a much higher weight. If he was in the kind of shape he was in for this tournament, he finishes the tech. 

Don't buy what?  Taylor has yet to wrestle someone outside of the USA that gameplans for him. Cox has.  Taylor has flashes. We know that. But he has lapses too.  I'd wager money on Yazdani in a rematch in a match that counts.  At this point, IMO, Cox is better than Taylor on a consistent basis, with Taylor having bigger flashes up and down.

I would go with Taylor without a mini tourney in one match. And if I was putting someone up against Yazdani I would much rather have Taylor. Now we wont get to see a rematch and I think they make up. Emotions are just high right now. And actually I think Jden will do better at 198 his ideal wrestling weight. And I would bet Yazdani will stay at 189/187.