Sign in to follow this  
Billyhoyle

Petriashvili

The 125 finals match was the match of the tournament so far.  Akgul and Petriashvili are head and shoulders above the rest of the field at the weight.  Both are giant and extraordinarily athletic, and should have some awesome battles going forward.

Did we just witness a changing of the guard, or was that just a hangover from the Olympics for Akgul?

For one thing it looks like Geno isn't intimidated at all by Akgul. Actually Petriashvili is taller than Akgul, lumberjack strong and looks like he has a better gas tank than Akgul. They can both score points and Geno has a killer leglace too. I thought Akgul was the heavy favorite going into Paris but Geno ended up having a wonderful tournament.

Gwiz had a great tournament as well. He came right out of the gate and put up nice points and nice W's until he ran into Akgul in the semis. Akgul looked like an Olympic and World champ against Gwiz with that slick leg sweep (wonder if that was inspired by KOR's last gasp attempt vs Akgul in an earlier match that day) to start and then finished with the tech.

Then Nick comes back strong and wins the bronze medal.

I love how all 3 of these HWT's wrestle. Another real fun weight class.

I think we have a great rivalry between them and I feel they will split matches on the next ones, specially seeing how close the score is when they wrestle. They are amazing, not that typical heavyweight who doesn't shoot, both of them are constantly on their opponents legs.

For one thing it looks like Geno isn't intimidated at all by Akgul. Actually Petriashvili is taller than Akgul, lumberjack strong and looks like he has a better gas tank than Akgul. They can both score points and Geno has a killer leglace too. I thought Akgul was the heavy favorite going into Paris but Geno ended up having a wonderful tournament.

Gwiz had a great tournament as well. He came right out of the gate and put up nice points and nice W's until he ran into Akgul in the semis. Akgul looked like an Olympic and World champ against Gwiz with that slick leg sweep (wonder if that was inspired by KOR's last gasp attempt vs Akgul in an earlier match that day) to start and then finished with the tech.

Then Nick comes back strong and wins the bronze medal.

I love how all 3 of these HWT's wrestle. Another real fun weight class.

Just saw that match today, I just have to say wow, Akgul scored 5 takedowns on Gwiz, being one of them that slick leg sweep.

Edited by Axe_Spartan