BigTenFanboy

Gilman Maturity and Growth

As many of you know I was VERY offended by his use of the slur a few months ago. He apologized for the use which I accepted, but was still weary of his attitude. I just watched Gilman's post match interview and will say I saw a very different side to his personality. I was very impressed with how eloquently and humbly he spoke. He showed a lot of growth and maturity which I was VERY happy to see. It was very similar to the changes I saw in Tony Ramos, who I became a big fan of when He entered the Senior World Circuit. Gilman wrestled an outstanding tournament and I see him as a huge contender for a 2018 world championship and moving forward I will absolutely whole heartedly be rooting for him on the world stage. Congratulations to Thomas Gilman on an outstanding tournament.

This World Championships stirred a lot of strange emotions for me. First seeing and having such strong positive feelings towards Gilman, NOT because he won a silver, but because of his attitude and personality. Second my negative feelings towards David Taylor, my favorite American wrestler for his inappropriate tweet regarding J'Den Cox. Feels a bit like being in the twilight zone...

As many of you know I was VERY offended by his use of the slur a few months ago. He apologized for the use which I accepted, but was still weary of his attitude. I just watched Gilman's post match interview and will say I saw a very different side to his personality. I was very impressed with how eloquently and humbly he spoke. He showed a lot of growth and maturity which I was VERY happy to see. It was very similar to the changes I saw in Tony Ramos, who I became a big fan of when He entered the Senior World Circuit. Gilman wrestled an outstanding tournament and I see him as a huge contender for a 2018 world championship and moving forward I will absolutely whole heartedly be rooting for him on the world stage. Congratulations to Thomas Gilman on an outstanding tournament.

This World Championships stirred a lot of strange emotions for me. First seeing and having such strong positive feelings towards Gilman, NOT because he won a silver, but because of his attitude and personality. Second my negative feelings towards David Taylor, my favorite American wrestler for his inappropriate tweet regarding J'Den Cox. Feels a bit like being in the twilight zone...

Get over yourself.

"Jap" isn't always a slur, it is context dependent. This has been explained numerous times. Even dictionary dot com recognizes the original usage. If someone uses the original context then I'm not sure why we should consider it to be a slur.

Edited by bigmik

"Jap" isn't always a slur, it is context dependent. This has been explained numerous times. Even dictionary dot com recognizes the original usage. If someone uses the original context then I'm not sure why we should consider it to be a slur.

Just like dictionary dot com lists the word gay to mean merry.

Just like dictionary dot com lists the word gay to mean merry.

Yes, and it's perfectly acceptable to use the word in many contexts. Similarly, it is perfectly acceptable to use "jap" in certain contexts.

Yes, and it's perfectly acceptable to use the word in many contexts. Similarly, it is perfectly acceptable to use "jap" in certain contexts.

Funny how according to dictionary dot com it's listed as an abbreviation under the British definition, not American. Furthermore you have to scroll all the way down pretty far after being stated as a duragorty word several times over.

Disagree that its "perfectly acceptable" but not going to argue with you because it will go in circles. You continhe to think what you want and I will continue to think what I want.

With that said, once again Congrats to Thomas Gilman on a job well done.

Edited by BigTenFanboy

You're a clown. Post less. No mention of OD's post directed at you? You're an idiot.

Good one. Come up with a post with actual substance some time. As for OD's comment, yes I'm "for real man"

After Gilman made his apology I posted that I accepted it and believed him. Furthermore a didn't make a single negative post regarding Gilman afterwards.

So who's the clown/idiot here?

Edited by BigTenFanboy

Good one. Come up with a post with actual substance some time. As for OD's comment, yes I'm "for real man"

After Gilman made his apology I posted that I accepted it and believed him. Furthermore a didn't make a single negative post regarding Gilman afterwards.

So who's the clown/idiot here?

You whiny, self important dbag. You "accepted" his apology? Your realize that neither Gilman, not anyone else on planet earth, cares?

Obviously you do considering you're taking the time to tell me this.

Your logic is faulty, as one would expect. You have multiple people posting to let you know you're a moron. I'm just one of them.

Your logic is faulty, as one would expect. You have multiple people posting to let you know you're a moron. I'm just one of them.

Actually youre the only one attacking me here buddy while throwing out insults. You insult me after I compliment Thomas Gilman after seeing a positive difference in his attitude. Keep throwing insults my way. All you're doing is showing the low class type of person you are. The funny thing is I've read all the PSU hate you spew and we all know if Gilman was from PSU you would have had a field day all over him after the WTT. Im a PSU fan but will be amongst the first to admit when one of their guys has a crappy attitude. Are you man enough to do the same? Doubt it.

Funny how according to dictionary dot com it's listed as an abbreviation under the British definition, not American. Furthermore you have to scroll all the way down pretty far after being stated as a duragorty word several times over.

Disagree that its "perfectly acceptable" but not going to argue with you because it will go in circles. You continhe to think what you want and I will continue to think what I want.

With that said, once again Congrats to Thomas Gilman on a job well done.

This is not what I found and I had to hardly scroll down to find it. When you look up Origin of Jap, it says it was first recorded in 1885-1890. You'll also find under Usage Note: "Dating back to the late 19th century, use of this term was originally neutral. But because the Japanese were the enemy during World War II, the term Jap became derogatory." Edited by bigmik