Sign in to follow this  
Coach_J

Sadulaev Reaction?

Apparently Sadulaev got his wallet stolen in Paris. Passport and credit cards found but not the cash. Not a great string of luck for him but at least he didn't get stuck in Paris an extra day dealing with a passport issue.

Paris is full of pickpockets. My dad nearly had his picked but he turned to side just as the picker tried to pick his. So that guy ran away before my dad could call police. I have learnt from this and put the wallet where the thieves couldn't reach.

Bummer for Sadulaev.

Apparently Sadulaev got his wallet stolen in Paris. Passport and credit cards found but not the cash. Not a great string of luck for him but at least he didn't get stuck in Paris an extra day dealing with a passport issue.

It could have been worse.  He could have been kidnapped and sold as a sex slave like Liam Neeson's daughter in Taken.

It would take some serious guts to pickpocket Sadulaev. I mean, the average thief would probably have no idea who he is but that's just foolish to make a mark out of the ginormous muscley guy with the heavily cauliflowered ears walking down the street! 😂

A mediocre translation from his FB page:

"Assalam Alaikum, good morning friends! Guess turn to thank god for everything he has given me, and also i want to say thank you very much to all the people who support, experience and believe in me. Losing like a victory is just a test for a man who needs to be taken with dignity. The Montagnards don't tend to lower their head, so we only look forward and move on to the target."

A mediocre translation from his FB page:

"Assalam Alaikum, good morning friends! Guess turn to thank god for everything he has given me, and also i want to say thank you very much to all the people who support, experience and believe in me. Losing like a victory is just a test for a man who needs to be taken with dignity. The Montagnards don't tend to lower their head, so we only look forward and move on to the target."

The Montangards are typically considered as the indigenous people of Vietnam.

Maybe, that's a fake account too.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Madcat is absolutely right.  "Montagnard" is a French term that was indeed used to describe the indigenous people of Vietnam, who were a mountain culture, but the term applies to any mountain people. People of the Caucasus are "Montagnards" as Sadulaev uses the term.

Madcat is absolutely right. "Montagnard" is a French term that was indeed used to describe the indigenous people of Vietnam, who were a mountain culture, but the term applies to any mountain people. People of the Caucasus are "Montagnards" as Sadulaev uses the term.

I guess I'm a Montagnard as well. Very cool.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Perhaps I've missed it, but anyone have any info on Sadulaev's take on the bout (not looking for snarky or sarcastic comments here)?  Did he or his coaches have any comments?  Just very curious how he saw the bout.

Subsequently, he handled himself like a champion.  I have no doubt that Snyder would as well.