Posted 20 January 2018 - 03:51 PM

https://twitter.com/...918987229523969

#62 AllISeeIsBronze

AllISeeIsBronze

Bronze Member

• Members
  • 143 posts

Posted 20 January 2018 - 04:20 PM

The sound his glove made from the impact... That guy is gonna be s******* blood for a few days.

#63 wrestlingnerd

wrestlingnerd

Gold Member

• Members
  • 7,491 posts

Posted 20 January 2018 - 04:51 PM

Pico is the real deal. Those who wrote him off after his debut are going to be eating crow for a long time.
  • Witherman likes this

#64 Cletus_Tucker

Cletus_Tucker

Gold Member

• Members
  • 3,067 posts

Posted 20 January 2018 - 05:02 PM

Pico looked primed and ready.   Very crisp and powerful shots.         He continues to impress.  

#65 Billyhoyle

Billyhoyle

Gold Member

• Members
  • 2,790 posts

Posted 20 January 2018 - 05:07 PM

Yes he has power. Could you please keep these posts to the mma section though? Pico is irrelevant in international wrestling.

#66 Cletus_Tucker

Cletus_Tucker

Gold Member

• Members
  • 3,067 posts

Posted 20 January 2018 - 05:36 PM

Yes he has power. Could you please keep these posts to the mma section though? Pico is irrelevant in international wrestling.

Maybe check if a mod will move the thread over there.    Do we have mods on this board?   

#67 Billyhoyle

Billyhoyle

Gold Member

• Members
  • 2,790 posts

Posted 20 January 2018 - 05:42 PM

Maybe check if a mod will move the thread over there. Do we have mods on this board?

I started a thread over there for you to discuss him. Enjoy

#68 fanta

fanta

Bronze Member

• Members
  • 166 posts

Posted 21 January 2018 - 01:18 AM

#FlyingTiger #RetiredPoster

How do you like that liver shot????

#69 Abdullahgadzhi Khuzin

Abdullahgadzhi Khuzin

Silver Member

• Members
  • 1,771 posts

Posted 21 January 2018 - 02:14 AM

very sad see how wrestling prospects leave wrestling for more money, it is his choice.

The opinions and views expressed in my posts, are intended to promote Russian international styles wrestling and international wrestling in general. Please excuse misspellings, misunderstandings, or misinterpretations. I am doing my very best to communicate in English, but it is a work in progress. I speak several languages, but I am still learning context, culture, and local tradition. I love USA and I am doing my best to be a great ambassador. Thank you for understanding.

#70 straggler

straggler

Bronze Member

• Members
  • 305 posts

Posted 21 January 2018 - 05:35 AM

Too early to reach any conclusions. The guy he just fought accumulated his record against tomatoe cans and was submitted by the only decent opponent he faced before the Pico fight. Which is completely fine. It is called bringing a prospect along slowly. The guy Pico lost to was not a world beater himself, losing his next fight, but he was a legitimate opponent. As the opponent level gets better, we will see.   

#71 Cletus_Tucker

Cletus_Tucker

Gold Member

• Members
  • 3,067 posts

Posted 21 January 2018 - 05:41 AM

I started a thread over there for you to discuss him. Enjoy

I have reported the thread to a moderator using the report function.  I asked for the thread to be moved to the MMA forum.   Hopefully that works. 

Edited by Cletus_Tucker, 21 January 2018 - 07:05 AM.

#72 Cletus_Tucker

Cletus_Tucker

Gold Member

• Members
  • 3,067 posts

Posted 21 January 2018 - 06:30 AM

very sad see how wrestling prospects leave wrestling for more money, it is his choice.

The sorrow will pass Abdullah.  Pico gave us some great years and many exciting memories to remember him fondly.    He's now pro athlete in search of cage fight glory.   We get behind Retherford as the next best option and we give  him our support.     Everyone wins.  

• herma48852 likes this

#73 Cletus_Tucker

Cletus_Tucker

Gold Member

• Members
  • 3,067 posts

Posted 21 January 2018 - 06:56 AM

https://youtu.be/-_KyaFSAUdM

Great post fight interview

Edited by Cletus_Tucker, 21 January 2018 - 06:57 AM.

#74 GoNotQuietly

GoNotQuietly

Silver Member

• Members
  • 1,421 posts

Posted 21 January 2018 - 02:41 PM

For what it's worth, I'm all for discussion of top level wrestlers who have moved on to MMA getting occasional update threads in the International section. 

#75 MadMardigain

MadMardigain

Gold Member

• Members
  • 8,510 posts

Posted 22 January 2018 - 08:56 AM

Pico’s last guy had almost zero stand up ability and may have even lacked a decent takedown offense let alone the level needed to scare Pico. Other than his ground game, which he never could have got to, this kid had nothing for Pico. By far Aaron’s weakest competition yet and I think it was purposely designed that way.

I get they gave Pico someone he could show off his standup with, but this was such a gap in striking ability that it did little to improve Pico’s in ring ability or even show what he needs to work on. Now that Pico’s back on track I’d like to see him at least get a more well rounded opponent who will force him to use quality striking and remain cautious in the ground game.

Edited by MadMardigain, 22 January 2018 - 09:04 AM.

#76 RetiredPoster

RetiredPoster

Silver Member

• Members
  • 1,114 posts

Posted 22 January 2018 - 11:37 AM

#FlyingTiger #RetiredPoster

How do you like that liver shot????

???  Easy there, Chief....Again, this was never about AP. Never.  You've never seen me go after the kid, just some people on here who had him "whipping" everyone, when he was sixteen.  He is now 21.

And that liver punch, that was painful to watch.  great shot!

Edited by RetiredPoster, 22 January 2018 - 11:38 AM.

#77 Cletus_Tucker

Cletus_Tucker

Gold Member

• Members
  • 3,067 posts

Posted 23 January 2018 - 11:00 AM

???  Easy there, Chief....Again, this was never about AP. Never.  You've never seen me go after the kid, just some people on here who had him "whipping" everyone, when he was sixteen.  He is now 21.

And that liver punch, that was painful to watch.  great shot!

You couldn't have been more wrong though.   From the age of 16 many on this board could already see he was a special talent.  By 19 he was in the Olympic trials final and he beat (in some cases destroyed) everyone who was anyone in USA, exception of Metcalf who failed to reach the final so they could rematch.   Guys like Pico are great for our sport because they get us talking about it.  They get people excited to witness rare special talent and you wanted to suppress that.    I'm  glad to see you're able to finally pay him a compliment.    You obsession the other way could not have been good for you that entire time he was competing.   

#78 RetiredPoster

RetiredPoster

Silver Member

• Members
  • 1,114 posts

Posted 24 January 2018 - 02:48 PM

You couldn't have been more wrong though.   From the age of 16 many on this board could already see he was a special talent.  By 19 he was in the Olympic trials final and he beat (in some cases destroyed) everyone who was anyone in USA, exception of Metcalf who failed to reach the final so they could rematch.   Guys like Pico are great for our sport because they get us talking about it.  They get people excited to witness rare special talent and you wanted to suppress that.    I'm  glad to see you're able to finally pay him a compliment.    You obsession the other way could not have been good for you that entire time he was competing.   

He's terrific. Always has been. Excitement is great, too.  There is no doubt he is a talent.....Obsession?  No...I do enjoy mixing it up with you all on here..this was more about of the people on here and what I perceived as disrespect toward other athletes(Metcalf, etc) that is all.  

#79 CA_Wrestler

CA_Wrestler

Bronze Member

• Members
  • 603 posts

Posted 25 January 2018 - 09:57 AM

Pico’s last guy had almost zero stand up ability and may have even lacked a decent takedown offense let alone the level needed to scare Pico. Other than his ground game, which he never could have got to, this kid had nothing for Pico. By far Aaron’s weakest competition yet and I think it was purposely designed that way.

I get they gave Pico someone he could show off his standup with, but this was such a gap in striking ability that it did little to improve Pico’s in ring ability or even show what he needs to work on. Now that Pico’s back on track I’d like to see him at least get a more well rounded opponent who will force him to use quality striking and remain cautious in the ground game.

Krutchen trains with Eddie Bravo and has won half of his matches by submission.

He didn't have the takedown offense to scare Pico, but who really does in all of MMA besides a few guys?  Nobody in Pico's weight class that are competing right now have been at Pico's level in wrestling in terms of competing on the senior circuit(as well as US Olympic trials finals) as well as age level(Jr and Cadet) accomplishments.  The only guys that I'm sure would give him problems are the BJJ guys who are very comfortable giving up a takedown just to get a chance at going into guard and trying for a quick armbar or choke on Pico.

I'm sure he'll be matched up with somebody a little more rounded his next match.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users