Sign in to follow this  
Lurker

U23 team

Well we know Logie Bear won't be on this team, wasn't he aged out by the time he was winning his third NCAA title?

not sure what you are leading on. Logan Stieber has graduated with college degree two years ago with four NCAA titles. All 4x timers are now older than 23 years of age. What's your point?

not sure what you are leading on. Logan Stieber has graduated with college degree two years ago with four NCAA titles. All 4x timers are now older than 23 years of age. What's your point?

Stirring the pot! And pointing out that Cox is still eligible for this team and he is a 4X AA.

Kyle said in a post Sadulaev interview that he wasn't going to compete again for several months, so I doubt we will see him compete at this event. But hopefully Zain and some other top level guys and gals compete at this.

I would like to see a list of the Top U23 Wrestlers from World Team Trial & US Nationals this past year. I think we could put together a pretty salty team!

57 KG: Fix/Gilman/NATO

61 KG: Fix/NATO

65: Retherford

70: Nolf

74: iMar/Hall?

86: Nickal/Hall

97: Moore

125: Gable I hope!

Edited by Housebuye

Stirring the pot! And pointing out that Cox is still eligible for this team and he is a 4X AA.

he did it in four years. If Logan Stieber hadn't been injured in true freshman year, he might be a 4x timer in 4 years while under 23. He is already a world champion and you are trying to stir it up? Besides he would have been on U23 team while in college during true freshman, RS freshman, RS sophomore, RS junior years. So, I don't see any point. Edited by Buckeyebison

he did it in four years. If Logan Stieber hadn't been injured in true freshman year, he might be a 4x timer in 4 years while under 23. He is already a world champion and you are trying to stir it up? Besides he would have been on U23 team while in college during true freshman, RS freshman, RS sophomore, RS junior years. So, I don't see any point.

He was 21-24 when he won his titles, so in your hypothetical situation, he would have been 23 as a 4x timer..

He was 21-24 when he won his titles, so in your hypothetical situation, he would have been 23 as a 4x timer..

He would have been on U23 team all first four years. Again, I'm not seeing the point of bringing the age up. Is there any beef with Logan that we are not aware of?

Will imagine this will be a redshirt heavy event. I would imagine most guys who are upperclassmen will be focusing on the folkstyle season. Don't see these guys dropping everything and shifting focus to freestyle just because a new event popped up.

this. It is going to be tough for collegiate kids to balance out academics and preparation for this event. But if they can go straight from college to this event then they can do it.

Kyle said on a recent podcast with Richard Immel, describing his immediate plan for competition. He said that he was going to follow the same format that he has been following the past couple of years. He did say that he was going to wrestle in some of Ohio State's bigger duals, and his international plans are the World Club Championship, the Yarygin, and then World Cup.

I don't think Gable Steveson is old enough for this event. You have to be born in 1994-1999 to participate, and I believe he was born in 2000 which is why he needed the medical certificate to compete in the Junior World Championships.