Sign in to follow this  
Lurker

U23 team

Just saw fix is registered for this. Anyone want to predict who wins between him and nato?

Also, 15 dollars and you guys are griping? That's about the same as a movie ticket and gets you way more time to enjoy the event. How can we hope to grow this sport when the most die hard of fans are complaining about paying 15 dollars for high level match streaming? Hell, I'd throw 15 bucks down just to watch fix and NATO go at it..

After Worlds, seems like the perception is that 57kg is Gilman is miles above everyone else, and then there are 4-5 guys are on the next tier.  I think that's wrong.  Gilman did beat Ramos pretty easily (good matchup for him) but beat NaTo in the dying seconds and beat Graff 1-1.  NaTo lost to Ramos 2-2, but I certainly came away from that match thinking he was the better wrestler. 

So not sure how this will all shake out with the weight class changes, but at 57kg right now, I think NaTo (and Graff) are both better/closer than many realize.  Fix may be the future, but this match will be in the present and NaTo will win. :)

The thing about NaTo vs Gilman is Gilman owns the series like 7/8 to 1 at this point with NaTo's only win being in folkstyle. Can NaTo pull one out in the future? Definitely. But with World Teams on the line Gilman owns the series both at the Junior level and Senior level.

I will believe Tyler Graff is a legitimate threat to make a World Team when he does it. He constantly gets hyped as our best guy going into the US Open or WTT/OTT but never gets it done.

After Worlds, seems like the perception is that 57kg is Gilman is miles above everyone else, and then there are 4-5 guys are on the next tier.  I think that's wrong.  Gilman did beat Ramos pretty easily (good matchup for him) but beat NaTo in the dying seconds and beat Graff 1-1.  NaTo lost to Ramos 2-2, but I certainly came away from that match thinking he was the better wrestler. 

So not sure how this will all shake out with the weight class changes, but at 57kg right now, I think NaTo (and Graff) are both better/closer than many realize.  Fix may be the future, but this match will be in the present and NaTo will win. :)

I tend to agree with your perception of Fix.  Nato will win this first matchup, but Fix will close the gap quickly (please dont shirt him Jon pleeeeaaasssee)

I will believe Tyler Graff is a legitimate threat to make a World Team when he does it. He constantly gets hyped as our best guy going into the US Open or WTT/OTT but never gets it done.

Actually, this year was the first time I remember Graff being hyped.  He lost to the eventual silver medalist 1-1 in the quarters of the challenge tournament.  That's a pretty cruel draw if you ask me.

The Schultz next month will be interesting.  Maybe this will FINALLY be where we see Graff/Ramos in freestyle. (Graff always goes to Schultz, probably because he's originally from CO and Ramos tweeted about it, so guessing he will be there too, although I suppose it is not a given they will be at the same weight).

Edited by rpm002

NaTo vs Fix, NaTo should be stronger and if he can keep Fix tied up, he should do well. But if Fix is able to get through NaTo's hands head defense, and get his offense on track, we could see Fix come away with a victory.

As far as the future of 57, I have to believe Gilman hangs on to the spot for at least this upcoming year. After that, it's anybody's guess.

Additionally, I'm not sure how long Graff and Ramos keep wrestling, Ramos has made a couple of teams already, and now has a family and I'm not sure what he feels about his future.

Graff, a highly touted and a great wrestler, but I'm not sure how long he's going to continue to bang on that door, without getting through.

Edited by de4856

No hyperbole... I think Fix goes unchallenged. I'll take any flack y'all want to dish out if he loses, but he is head and shoulders above everyone registered, including NATO (in freestyle obv). Not going to say a tech is likely but if it happens dont be surprised. #SoGood

Oh and lol about the strength being an issue.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Edited by spladle08

Picking Fix is such a huge compliment to the young man. Not even in college and he's already being picked to beat a 3x AA and 1x NCAA Champ.

Would 100% pick Nato in a folkstyle match at this point, not really all that relevant. FIX has already bested competitors with better international accomplishments than Nato (in freestyle)

We know Nato lives in that "tight match" realm and Fix just has sooooo much firepower and after running through everyone (in freestlye) domestic and abroad, except the Russian in the first round last year.... I just have to side with him. At upper weights, age, strength, yadda yadda are all factors, but at the lightest weight, its the Junior world champ who teched his way through the tournament.... if Nato is wrestling a Russian or Azerbaijan kid who just did that are we still favoring Nato? No way.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk