Fix vs Tomasello Match 2 Video is now public

http://www.trackwres...jryoejptffvokjq

#162 sgallan

sgallan

Hall of Fame Member

• Members
  • 29,086 posts

Posted 09 October 2017 - 12:07 PM

Marsteller looked like more of a freestyler. I believe several sets of points came from arm spins and freestyle scambles with most of Imar's points coming off of takedowns. Looked solid, but I don't think the match would be as close in folkstyle.

Honestly, and I have followed IMAR since he was a little guy, is if you rattle him at some point he is watchable and/or beatable. Of course you have to be REALLY good to rattle him.

#163 LemonPie

LemonPie

Gold Member

• Members
  • 4,302 posts

Posted 09 October 2017 - 01:38 PM

Will McKenna's win delay his wrestle-off with Hayes?

Anyone but Heil '18

http://contenttolosebythree.com

#164 Housebuye

Housebuye

Gold Member

• Members
  • 3,251 posts

Posted 10 October 2017 - 01:20 AM

Will McKenna's win delay his wrestle-off with Hayes?

I don’t think so. It is important for them to know their weight classes.

If McKenna wins, Hayes should use the extra month and a half to work on putting on a few more pounds.

#165 Perry

Perry

Gold Member

• Members
  • 2,317 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 02:50 AM

Does anyone think Hayes beats McKenna? I don't think Hayes is a deep AA threat, but then again McKenna also failed to miss the podium last season. I believe in his one match against a top guy (Kevin Jack) Hayes got majored - so I don't have a lot of stock in him atm.

#166 NYWRESTLER94

NYWRESTLER94

Silver Member

• Members
  • 1,183 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 05:23 AM

Does anyone think Hayes beats McKenna? I don't think Hayes is a deep AA threat, but then again McKenna also failed to miss the podium last season. I believe in his one match against a top guy (Kevin Jack) Hayes got majored - so I don't have a lot of stock in him atm.

Hayes split with Kolodzik (who made the podium) in his redshirt year. I thought he lost to jack 5-0 but I’m not sure. What killed him was mat wrestling not much was going on on their feet. mcKennas strength is his neutral wrestling but I think if Hayes is anywhere close to where he was at before injury he has a shot.

#167 EasternIowaWrestling

EasternIowaWrestling
  • Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 07:46 AM

meyer refused to wrestle him... got warned several times for head down... got a bad 2 on a slip from bey... but, bey kept coming forward and threw him for 5 with about 30 seconds left... once meyer had to attack he got tossed again late

This is incorrect.  He was warned for leading with his head.  You must not have been there or understand Greco. Bey was passive entire first period. Meyer ahead 1-0 at the break due to passivity point.  Meyer had a TD and two guts and up 7-1 at one point.  The only thing Bey did the entire match was the throw at the end.

#168 LJB

LJB

Silver Member

• Members
  • 1,507 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 09:04 AM

This is incorrect.  He was warned for leading with his head.  You must not have been there or understand Greco. Bey was passive entire first period. Meyer ahead 1-0 at the break due to passivity point.  Meyer had a TD and two guts and up 7-1 at one point.  The only thing Bey did the entire match was the throw at the end.

this is no "leading with the head" warnings... in greco, you are supposed to keep your head up and hips in or at least be working towards that end at all times... Meyer was not... he was warned several times for it... it was so bad that the a caution and 2 was offered in the second, but, white paddled... that was when the Bryant said "leading with the head"... there is no such thing... it is merely a consequence of keeping you head down...

first period- bey works off a front head lock... has two high dive attempts... and slipped off a double overs throw... Meyer has exactly zero offensive maneuvers or attempts... stays closed off and head down entire period... he did maintain the center and did move forward, but, that is more a consequence of bey actually trying to find angles and positions to work off of...

in greco, the officials by rule can not let the score end 0-0 in the first, so, the obligatory passive calls one apiece early first period... then someone gets hit... if someone were to say it is totally arbitrary who gets hits first, i could not make a compelling argument against that...

second period- meyer gets second passive call and gets bey a point within the first 30 seconds (as per)... bey tries a weak head lock attempt and slips into a trap arm that meyer rolls through once and then immediately gets reversed... shortly thereafter, bey slips off another head lock attempt and meyer gets a "takedown"... this was the egregious non slip call... it was clearly the biggest slip... 30 seconds after that bey tries another head lock off a scramble while they were both grounded... correctly white paddled... 30 seconds after that bey high dives, body locks, and tosses for 5 (i was surprised they called it a five, but, i really believe they were making up for the non slip called)... meyer is now forced to do something down on criteria and with 20 seconds left in the match makes his first offensive attempt and promptly gets throw on his head again...

rewatch the match if you want to dispute any of this... i did...

you are a homer... nothing else... support your guys for sure, but, don't make up fairy tails about what actually happened... and damn sure don't make up a call trying to sound educated in greco...

#169 JasonBryant

JasonBryant

I love the Goonies.

• Members
  • 8,642 posts

Posted 13 October 2017 - 04:06 AM

LJB,

My perception of what I saw and said during the bout was what I thought was a head butt, although what I thought was unintentional enough to not call it a head butt, so I stated it as "leading with the head." I don't believe (although I could have) I stated this was against the rules. 

Just an FYI. 

Don't work here no more. Happy now?

www.mattalkonline.com

#170 LJB

LJB

Silver Member

• Members
  • 1,507 posts

Posted 13 October 2017 - 04:10 AM

i get it... the end result is the same... you were not incorrect that he was leading with the head

the point i was making to the homer was that nowhere in the rule book do they say leading with the head is against the rules... having your head down is... 

#171 Gantry

Gantry

Gold Member

• Members
  • 4,657 posts

Posted 14 October 2017 - 02:44 PM

I personally do not, nothing in Hayes' folkstyle resume says he's at McKenna's level, even including his rough NCAAs.  Joey McKenna is very, very good and proven.  Hayes' future clearly is bright but I don't see him eclipsing McKenna. 

#172 meluvwrestling

meluvwrestling

Bronze Member

• Members
  • 174 posts

Posted 14 October 2017 - 04:09 PM

Hayes didn't get majored by Kevin Jack and Mckenna has never wrestled Kevin Jack according to Wrestlestat.  Sometimes the score doesn't tell the whole story.  I would pick Jack over McKenna.  Jack is long, tough on top and hard to finish takedowns on.  They do have common opponents and again, can be found on Wrestlestat.

I don't know who wins between them two but hopefully tOSU has both of them ready for the upcoming season.

#173 pamela

pamela

Silver Member

• Members
  • 1,906 posts

Posted 17 October 2017 - 06:06 AM

Sorry if this has already been asked, I've been way out of the loop lately, but what's Cory Clark's status? I was wondering if he'd compete for a spot on the U23 team. Is he still rehabbing from his shoulder injury?

#174 Peso

Peso

Bronze Member

• Members
  • 188 posts

Posted 18 October 2017 - 10:19 PM

Fix vs Tomasello Match 2 Video is now public

http://www.trackwres...jryoejptffvokjq

Thank you for this video.  If he is anywhere near this good on the mat, he might AA a couple of times...  I thought Nato had another takedown in folkstyle.  I'm amazed a true freshman in college can stay on the mat with this wiley old veteran.

#175 wrestlingphish

wrestlingphish

Silver Member

• Members
  • 1,302 posts

Posted 19 October 2017 - 03:39 AM

Sorry if this has already been asked, I've been way out of the loop lately, but what's Cory Clark's status? I was wondering if he'd compete for a spot on the U23 team. Is he still rehabbing from his shoulder injury?

HWC newsletter that was sent out today says he will be competing in the Commonwealth Tourney in Vancouver, Canada on Nov 4th.

• pamela likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users