Sign in to follow this  
Lurker

U23 team

Is the Bey/Meyer match on trackcast accurate?  I'm not watching, but the "Alex Meyer" type kind of wrestler is beating the Jr. World Champ right now.

Edit:  According to Track, Bey won, but can anyone tell me/us how the match actually went?

Edited by treep2000

Is the Bey/Meyer match on trackcast accurate?  I'm not watching, but the "Alex Meyer" type kind of wrestler is beating the Jr. World Champ right now.

Edit:  According to Track, Bey won, but can anyone tell me/us how the match actually went?

I wasn't able to watch it, but from HR Meyer was leading 7-2 with 10 seconds left and got launched, maybe into a turn. Track shows him losing 9-7. 

Thanks LaxHawk.  I personally feel that it's unwise to underestimate how some of these guys develop.  Who knows, maybe Meyer will become a Greco beast.  Mayes just got tech'd on the backend by LaMont.  Something tells me that either a.) Mayes isn't trying, b.) is out of shape, c.) a mix of both, d.) should place his shoes in the center and realize the competitive career is over.  Get on with coaching, and make us all proud!

meyer refused to wrestle him... got warned several times for head down... got a bad 2 on a slip from bey... but, bey kept coming forward and threw him for 5 with about 30 seconds left... once meyer had to attack he got tossed again late

Lewallen is really good.  The win over Mathers was really good, and obviously the win over Eireman is impressive.  I'd honestly expect him to beat Martinez and win the spot.  I also am kind of rooting for it.  I think Joe Smith ought to RS, get fully healthy, and get into a weight where he isn't cutting so hard.  If Martinez gets beat, he can fill in at 157 with Blaylock.  Either would win matches at NCAA at 157.  Let Smith get two years with Fix.  

And amazingly Dalton Moran was the 3rd string 141 behind Heil and Lewallen and he went 23-5 with wins over Thorn, Gasca, and Joey Palmer and the 5 losses including Heil, McKenna, Eireman, and DiCamillo.  He would have been top 20ish last year and there wasn't a weight he could crack the 2 deep at OSU.  

And OSU couldn't crack the top 2 at NCAAs.  

It was 1-1 in second period, trading passives.  Then McKenna put on clock again with about a minute to go in second.  Got into a headpinch hold, and hoisted / pulled back  ...... and pulled ...... and pulled ....... and before Boo's head could pop off he got lifted up and over for 4.

Mckee with guess what ...... a head pinch or 2 ... shocking!  So good at it.  A pinch from feet ...... and ... along with TD he is up 9-0.  1 min to go and now done as he turns Jimenez off his shot (not a head pinch this time).  11-0.

I-Mar vs C-Mar

Chance up 2-0 and I think he should have had a step out.  But wasn't given, I admit I could be wrong.  I Mar tries a head pinch but C Mar doesn't go over.  1:30 to go in 1st.  I lowers but C blocks off.  Over under situation.  1 min to go in 1st.  C shot, I counter shot, and I Mar gets the 2.  Pretty.  2-2.  end of 1st.

2nd period - I Mar uses big underhook hoist to get the TD.  Classic I Mar.  4-2.  C Mar firing but not really committing.  

I-Mar gets around for another 2.  6-2.   Hard snap down by I Mar.  Seems to have a lot more energy.  Sweep single for another 2.  8-2.  More in the tank unless C Mar is conserving.  Sweep shot by C Mar, gets ankle but I Mar jumps away and free.  

8-2 Win for I Mar.  

Let's goooooo!!!

Fix / Tomasello.

2 on 1 by T, Fix shoots off it but misses.  Neutral.  T posting on head.  Both at center.  Hard snap by F.  T shot to leg.  Gets it, gets behind but fix quads and climbs to OOB.  Only 1 awarded.

Then Fix with dirty slide by.  Puts legs in!!  T goes down to mat.  Then OOB.  2-1 Fix!

Passive T ...... ??????

T shot, gets leg.  Lifts.   Fix pods and THEN AGAIN CRAWLS OUT, THIS TIME TO HIS LEFT.  OBVIOUS!!  Only 1 awarded.  Bull****.  Should be fleeing.

T goes in again and now gets 2.  4-2.  Perhaps fleeing called?  Start in par terre in middle?  Not sure.  Can't get turn.  4-2 T.

4-2 T end of first but that quad pod walking out of bounds by Fix has to be penalized.

Double leg by Fix at start of 2nd!    Another dirty slide by .... go OOB and T called for caution and 2 (less obvious fleeing then Fix but at least they are calling it)... Restarat in par Terre in middle, leg in fix and gets the gut!!  8-4.  Restert.  T in on leg.  Gets the TD.  8-6.   2 min to go.

What a match!!!

T in but scramble.  Tied up, each side by side, ankles.  Stalemate.  1:30 to go.  T in on high crotch, Fix hops back and out.  8-7 Fix.  50 sec to go. 30 sec.  T firing, Fix blocking.  

T in!!!    Gets both legs but Fix has a leg.  T is in better position.  Ref gives 2 but told white paddle!  Time up.  But 2 put up on board for T.

A review is underway.

That was some spectacular wrestling there between Fix and Tomasello. Fix is a damn formidable opponent. We knew that but it was impressive to see. Fix had trouble stopping T from getting to his legs so I have a feeling the next match is going to be a lot less close. Either Fix blows out T or vice versa. Eh.