Sign in to follow this  
Housebuye

Breakout stars - 17/18

Willie Miklus will contend for a title. I know he's AA'ed before, but most people think Kollin Moore's gonna run away with the title this year. I think any match between them will be a barn burner.

Call me crazy, but I also predicted that Joey Lavallee was going to have a breakout year last year.

Absolutely. Totally forgot about miklus and I bet a lot of others did as well.

Agree that he and Moore will be a tight one.

No way Kutler goes 157 this year

Kutler = 165

Not sure I'd call a Scuffle champ & top 3 ranked 157 a potential breakout flying under the radar.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by lu_alum

Kutler = 165

Not sure I'd call a Scuffle champ & top 3 ranked 157 a potential breakout flying under the radar.

Granted that the Scuffle championship was impressive, with wins over two top 10 opponents (Joe Smith and Joey Lavallee), but other than that - not too much to go on from last season.  His lone loss was vs. Dawaylon Barnes.  It'll be interesting to see how he does up a weight.

Granted that the Scuffle championship was impressive, with wins over two top 10 opponents (Joe Smith and Joey Lavallee), but other than that - not too much to go on from last season.  His lone loss was vs. Dawaylon Barnes.  It'll be interesting to see how he does up a weight.

Add a win over Jacobe Smith at 80KG

Kutler = 165

The Scuffle was his breakout performance.  I'm looking for him to have a breakout season... with season being the operative word there.  

I look for Emery Parker, 184 - Illinois, to have a real nice year. Was 30-10 last year as RS Sophomore and first year as full time starter. Went 2-2 at NCAA's including a big upset of Myles Martin.

When seeding came out, I was really concerned about the matchup. Bad style matchup for Martin. Parker is legit

I look for Emery Parker, 184 - Illinois, to have a real nice year.  Was 30-10 last year as RS Sophomore and first year as full time starter.  Went 2-2 at NCAA's including a big upset of Myles Martin.

Early season I was reading OSU results from an open and he hammered Marsden.  It looked like a very bad loss.  When I saw Parker at NCAAs it didn't look so bad.  Plus I can see where Parker could repeatedly get the best of a guy who likes to go for big moves.  184 is still tough, but it definitely cleared out from last year a bit and I could see Parker having a huge season.

Early season I was reading OSU results from an open and he hammered Marsden. It looked like a very bad loss. When I saw Parker at NCAAs it didn't look so bad. Plus I can see where Parker could repeatedly get the best of a guy who likes to go for big moves. 184 is still tough, but it definitely cleared out from last year a bit and I could see Parker having a huge season.

Agree. Parker was still so raw last year but you could see the potential. I'm looking forward to seeing how he progresses this year. And you are right about taking advantage of guys going for big moves. I can't remember off the top of my head how it happened but he put Martin on his back for 5 or 6 at NCAA's.