Sign in to follow this  
Housebuye

Breakout stars - 17/18

The two I'm most anticipating are Deakin and Yianni D.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WmJjGQzf5S4

Are they going to be in the same weight class?

I believe Deakin plans to go 149

Yianni plans to go 141. Last I heard, there was no plan to red shirt, but he did get injured and recently had mono, so that plan may be changed.

I believe Deakin plans to go 149

Yianni plans to go 141. Last I heard, there was no plan to red shirt, but he did get injured and recently had mono, so that plan may be changed.

well he can't technically RS at Cornell, so if he's enrolled then he's probably all in.   

Chance Marstellar? Has anyone said him? I'm excited to watch him. Another one I'm taking a huge leap for is Johnny Sebastian from Northwestern

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wasnt Sebastian one of the top recruits out of HS? Always wondered what happened to him. Thought he had a chance to be really good

Guest Kingsland

Wasnt Sebastian one of the top recruits out of HS? Always wondered what happened to him. Thought he had a chance to be really good

I think he wrestled 182 in high school and is now at 165. I don't know if he was cutting at all in high school, but regardless that seems like a pretty big drop.

Sebastian has had shoulder problems since high school. He missed his freshman year at northwestern because of surgery. Placed 7th at big tens last year with 2 years to go.

2 hours ago, LHU125 said:

I feel like a lot of people on here don't understand the "under the radar" concept. 

In their defense, AA and Title contender doesn't really go well with the conventional under the radar guy.  I pretty much went with guys that hadn't AA'd yet, had yet to wrestle varsity, or where coming off redshirts(which usually makes people sleep on them).

At 125, Rivera(6th) of NW is the only one that could even realistically fit that from 2018.

At 133, WIlson(3rd) fit the bill perfectly.  Bridges fits in as well as a RSFR, although he did have a strong Redshirt season. Delvecchio was R12 the year before.

At 141, Yianni was awesome, but he definitely was well known.  Still, there was no way I thought he would win it all that early in the season.  Perry from EMU is the only one that truly fits the bill.  Still, Red and Lee were far from sure things.

At 149, Perry's run to the Finals was a surprise to most.

At 157, Hidlay going undefeated until the NCAA Finals fits the bill.  Zilverberg as well.

At 165, Chavez may be the only true surprise, but even he was(at one time) a big time recruit.  This weight was simply stacked full of talent.

At 174, Jacobe Smith fit as close as he could, but he wasn't exactly an unknown commodity after his JuCo success and strong redshirt season.

At 184, Ness was a true surprise.  The others were all top notch, but Venz definitely fits early on as he, to me anyway, seemed to come out of nowhere.

At 197, Half the weight applies, but none more so than Macchiavello.  He was R12 the year before, so he didn't exactly come from nowhere.  But, how many NCAA Champs do it as Seniors without ever AAing before???

At 285, Noone really.  Wood made R12 as a freshman.