Sign in to follow this  
ConnorsDad

Recruiting Question(s) for College Recruit

My son is being recruited by quite a few DI schools but he has also taken it upon himself to fill out recruiting questionnaires and email coaches of places he might like to attend. Obviously coaches want to see video but my question is do wrestling coaches care about highlight videos? You could probably make a decent highlight reel of anyone, if you looked at enough film, or are they more concerned with looking at individual matches? If that's the case, should he just send them links to various matches of his? If there are matches on Flo Pro, should he send them the login information so they can see them or do most coaches have a Flo Pro acct.? Any info you could provide would be appreciated. He's fairly independent and does not want much help but even he is wondering about this.

My son is being recruited by quite a few DI schools but he has also taken it upon himself to fill out recruiting questionnaires and email coaches of places he might like to attend. Obviously coaches want to see video but my question is do wrestling coaches care about highlight videos? You could probably make a decent highlight reel of anyone, if you looked at enough film, or are they more concerned with looking at individual matches? If that's the case, should he just send them links to various matches of his? If there are matches on Flo Pro, should he send them the login information so they can see them or do most coaches have a Flo Pro acct.? Any info you could provide would be appreciated. He's fairly independent and does not want much help but even he is wondering about this.

Mr McDonald, Haven't you already been through this process with Connor? Or, is this just an OP to generate discussion? I would think you'd be pretty knowledgeable on the process already.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mr McDonald, Haven't you already been through this process with Connor? Or, is this just an OP to generate discussion? I would think you'd be pretty knowledgeable on the process already.

McDonald? I was thinking Brady....of which they are still valid questions. 

Might be wrong, but I'm pretty sure ConnorsDad is the father of Connor McDonald, former Lehigh 125 that transferred out to Newberry College after two seasons.

Edited by lu_alum

Might be wrong, but I'm pretty sure ConnorsDad is the father of Connor McDonald, former Lehigh 125 that transferred out to Newberry College after two seasons.

Your pretty sure is 100% WRONG! My last name, and my sons, is not McDonald and I dont even know where Lehigh is. Just joking on the last part. My son is a rising junior in HS in NV and, since Fargo, has been receiving quite a bit of interest so I am looking for some guidance is all.

List the school's your son is interested in on this forum. The feedback you will receive will be helpful.

Don't rule out Division 3. Generally a better total educational experience preparing student athletes for the real world.

Give me a few days and I will do that. Thanks.