NJwrestlingguy

Boom!! Suriano to Rutgers..eligble now

not a joke but thanks!

The only joke here is you.

Considering the fact that I stated MONTHS ago that Rutgers was a sleeping giant and that the could be very very good of they could tap into the NJ, PA and NY talentpool, my well wishes for Suriano are not fake at all. I met Goodale and had lunch with him a several years ago right after he took over at Rutgers and knew him when he was coaching at Jackson. Great guy and always rooted for him to do well.

You on the other hand are a complete moron trying to instigate an argumment when I offer well wishes to a kid I've been rooting for the many years. You want to counter me and try to put me down simply because I expose your lack of intellectual capacity with your idiotic posts. You have yet me win a single argument with me and I continue to expose you for the halfwitt that you are. Whenever you make an idiotic post I point out and explain exactly why your post is wrong, you on the other end just reply with "you're stupid" or "whatever" without actually being able to explain why your opinion is right.

As for Suriano, I'm rooting for him no matter what you say,

Edited by BigTenFanboy

While some crazy fans will try and make a big deal when PSU visits Rutgers, there won't be any real drama. Suriano is a decent kid and Sanderson has always personified class. Everyone will wrestle hard, shake hands at the conclusion of the match, and then move on to the next challenge.

I personally think Suriano's biggest challenge will be making 125.

#

Edited by gowrestle

I like PSU's dynasty, but I am an ASU fan. I will not support this kid (though I have no problem with the decision to let him wrestle). He is a big boy and yet let daddy decide for him to run home. Daddy run wrestlers, or football players, rarely pan out to potential Sure, he will be a multiple AA, but unless he wins next year, with the ridiculous talent coming up, yeah, I don't see him getting to his potential. However..... and this is important..... he will be getting a solid degree, from a top notch college... so the long view is good. Just not the wrestling and/or MMA thing. Oh, I was one of those dads, and yeah, it didn't work out athletically.... she is doing great otherwise. Daddy run athletes beyond a certain point often falls apart.

Well this sounds like absolutely huge news for Rutgers. I hope everything goes well for the kid as well as for the Rutgers' program. Hopefully both Soriano and Ashnault make a run at their individual title at their weight.

I like PSU's dynasty, but I am an ASU fan. I will not support this kid (though I have no problem with the decision to let him wrestle). He is a big boy and yet let daddy decide for him to run home. Daddy run wrestlers, or football players, rarely pan out to potential Sure, he will be a multiple AA, but unless he wins next year, with the ridiculous talent coming up, yeah, I don't see him getting to his potential. However..... and this is important..... he will be getting a solid degree, from a top notch college... so the long view is good. Just not the wrestling and/or MMA thing. Oh, I was one of those dads, and yeah, it didn't work out athletically.... she is doing great otherwise. Daddy run athletes beyond a certain point often falls apart.

this is so true. I too was daddy run athlete........It didn't work for me either.

Glad to hear your daughter is doing great 

this is so true. I too was daddy run athlete........It didn't work for me either.

It would be interesting if either would care to elaborate. I'm a parent of 3 boys 10 and under, and would love to hear parenting thoughts from both... maybe this should deserve a separate thread but I thought I'd throw it out there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It would be interesting if either would care to elaborate. I'm a parent of 3 boys 10 and under, and would love to hear parenting thoughts from both... maybe this should deserve a separate thread but I thought I'd throw it out there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It is very rare to see an outstanding HS or D1 wrestler whose parents aren't a little "off". Maybe intense is another word.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

http://www.nj.com/rutgersfootball/index.ssf/2017/09/nick_suriano_penn_state_transfer_rutgers_big_ten.html

Congrats to Nick, I'm glad this worked out in his favor and that he wasn't screwed out of a year of eligibility.

I'm glad he's going to get to wrestle so I can see him. And if he had lost a year of eligibility he would have had nobody to blame but himself. He wouldn't have been screwed out of anything. And I don't like Penn State. He knew the rules and then he wanted them changed because his situation had changed. If you don't like the rules don't blame Penn State.