Sign in to follow this  
MadMardigain

What's Sanderson's Plan B for 125?

What's plan B at 125 and can it possibly get them any points at Big10s or even qualify for NCAAs.

Use a unproven 125 pounder they have on the roster now. Doesn't look like that will yield many wins at Big10 or get to NCAAs. But is it the only option they have?

Does Sanderson try to find a former HS 125 pounder that roaming the halls of Happy Valley who can hang a year or two. Is there someone with DI potential that can come out of retirement? Looks good for filling a void Duals but won't win much and likely won't get them anywhere in Big10 or NCAA. Not like you pull a big football player off the bench to fill that weight class for a year.

Does he dip down into lower ranked HS recruits that may still be unsigned or was planning to attend some DII, DIII, or JUCO. Not sure how that works if they are already someplace else. But if you are unsigned at this point what type of red flags need addresses. May get a single Big10 win but no NCAA birth.

Does he look at the JUCO kids, DII or DIII an option to pick up at semester as a viable 125 for a year or two? I'm not sure how that works with transfers at semester so it may not be an option. He maybe able to find someone that could potentially score a couple Big10 points. Is there gem out there capable of getting the wins needed to get to NCAA and if so could he win a match or two?

Does he skip having a 125 all year and maybe not having much of one next year? That not scoring anything at any time. Then does he try to talk a top tier 125 out of a previous commitment for next year? Or throw a major scholarship as a second tier 125 for next year knowing he's is over paying for possibly only a year of varsity service before another stud comes in the year after.

What's Plan B?

Edited by MadMardigain

Cael will figure it out. He has known this since June. It will be interesting. I just don't understand why other kids in the B1G lost a year and Suriano did not. Sounds like moving forward, transfering rules will need to be changed. What will happen when an African American basketball player Fromm Ohio State wants to transfer to Purdue? White kid can do it so....

Cael will figure it out. He has known this since June. It will be interesting. I just don't understand why other kids in the B1G lost a year and Suriano did not. Sounds like moving forward, transfering rules will need to be changed. What will happen when an African American basketball player Fromm Ohio State wants to transfer to Purdue? White kid can do it so....

This is EXACTLY what is wrong with 'Murica.  Interjecting the race card, when there is ZERO evidence, and ZERO cause to do so in the first place.  As someone that hails from a multi-racial family, I find this type of post to be the most disgusting of all.  Agreed that the rules need to be re-evaluated, but the latter half of the above statement belongs NOT on this forum.  

Besides 125 it seems that Cael needs to fill 133 also.  Last we heard Cortez was moving to 141.  Can either Cortez or N. Lee make 133 this year?  If they can't PSU may have 2 weak weights starting out an otherwise awesome lineup.

Besides 125 it seems that Cael needs to fill 133 also. Last we heard Cortez was moving to 141. Can either Cortez or N. Lee make 133 this year? If they can't PSU may have 2 weak weights starting out an otherwise awesome lineup.

they have 3x NCAA qualifier Cory Keener from central Michigan university who is a grad student now at PSU and on the roster at 133.

There has always been a difference between athletes who are full-scholarship and athletes that are not.  Basketball and Football have stricter transfer rules because those athletes get full-rides plus stipends.  Basketball and football players are not permitted to get partial scholarships. 

This is EXACTLY what is wrong with 'Murica. Interjecting the race card, when there is ZERO evidence, and ZERO cause to do so in the first place. As someone that hails from a multi-racial family, I find this type of post to be the most disgusting of all. Agreed that the rules need to be re-evaluated, but the latter half of the above statement belongs NOT on this forum.

Poor baby. Time to wake up and smell the coffee.

What's plan B at 125 and can it possibly get them any points at Big10s or even qualify for NCAAs.

Use a unproven 125 pounder they have on the roster now. Doesn't look like that will yield many wins at Big10 or get to NCAAs. But is it the only option they have?

Does Sanderson try to find a former HS 125 pounder that roaming the halls of Happy Valley who can hang a year or two. Is there someone with DI potential that can come out of retirement? Looks good for filling a void Duals but won't win much and likely won't get them anywhere in Big10 or NCAA. Not like you pull a big football player off the bench to fill that weight class for a year.

Does he dip down into lower ranked HS recruits that may still be unsigned or was planning to attend some DII, DIII, or JUCO. Not sure how that works if they are already someplace else. But if you are unsigned at this point what type of red flags need addresses. May get a single Big10 win but no NCAA birth.

Does he look at the JUCO kids, DII or DIII an option to pick up at semester as a viable 125 for a year or two? I'm not sure how that works with transfers at semester so it may not be an option. He maybe able to find someone that could potentially score a couple Big10 points. Is there gem out there capable of getting the wins needed to get to NCAA and if so could he win a match or two?

Does he skip having a 125 all year and maybe not having much of one next year? That not scoring anything at any time. Then does he try to talk a top tier 125 out of a previous commitment for next year? Or throw a major scholarship as a second tier 125 for next year knowing he's is over paying for possibly only a year of varsity service before another stud comes in the year after.

What's Plan B?

Could Keener possibly make 125??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't think skin color has anything to do with it. If anything it's amazing that something like this happened in wrestling when you'd think it would be more likely to happen in football or basketball.

I don't think skin color has anything to do with it. If anything it's amazing that something like this happened in wrestling when you'd think it would be more likely to happen in football or basketball.

Civil rights lawyers will be jumping all over this. Al Sharpton is ready!

Few people will ever know the real truth behind how and why Suriano becomes eligible immediately.  I have zero evidence of anything but my gut tells me that PSU did not want this situation to become a legal issue that was played out in the court of public opinion.  Let's remember that the PSU athletic department does not have the best national public reputation and I highly doubt that they want another black eye.  Every highly successful program has some dirty laundry which only the athletes and coaches know about!  Would it not make sense for Cael and the PSU athletic program to tell the Big10 they are good with the student/athlete being eligible immediately to avoid the public knowing about the dirty laundry and where the bodies are buried?

Edited by cbg

My lord you are a complete D-Bag. Not sure why your deck is out of joint about this but your posts all weekend have been nothing but abject douchebaggery. It's racism now is it. What a frigging arse.

Amazing post. Don't think for a second liberal (D-Bags) are not licking their chops on this one. The genuine underlying issue is the big white guy making tons of dough on the backs of African American college athletes. (How many black kids after playing college football or basketball have a decent education and make money playing the sport after their eligibility expires? NOT MANY! The Suriano waiver has set a precedent and will be used for ammunition against the NCAA/B1G ruling class. Oh--I'm 100% behind Nick Suriano getting permission to wrestle. Definitely good news for NJ wrestling.

Few people will ever know the real truth behind how and why Suriano becomes eligible immediately. I have zero evidence of anything but my gut tells me that PSU did not want this situation to become a legal issue that was played out in the court of public opinion. Let's remember that the PSU athletic department does not have the best national public reputation and I highly doubt that they want another black eye. Every highly successful program has some dirty laundry which only the athletes and coaches know about! Would it not make since for Cael and the PSU athletic program to tell the Big10 they are good with the student/athlete being eligible immediately to avoid the public knowing about the dirty laundry and where the bodies are buried?

You're correct.

This wouldn't even be a blip on the ACLU, NAACP or any similar Organization's radar.  You have a fringe sport athlete that almost definitely was not getting a full ride.  He wanted to leave after suffering a season ending injury.  Whatever their differences were, the fact that he was a Wrestler on limited scholarship in a FRINGE SPORT makes his waiver IRRELEVANT.  Trying to argue preferential treatment to the WHITE MAN here would be plain STUPID!

Edited by MSU158