iGranby

Isaac Jordan

Agreed, excellent pick up for the cowboys.  Id love to see all the Jordans continue their careers onto the senior level. 

Same. Coaching wise though, I think eventually he'd be the perfect guy for the Cleveland state job if he were in it for the long haul. 

If that's the case, he needs to go be an assistant at Campbell.  Kolat can teach him how to build a small time school, and gain recognition from recruits.  I'm not saying John Smith isn't one of the best 3 coaches in wrestling and he won't learn anything from the OSU program.

I think it's a great hire for OSU.  Oklahoma just doesn't have enough kids/wrestlers/talent to keep OSU at or even near the top.  Where would they have been in recent years without Dieringer (wisconsin), Heil (ohio), and Collica (Ohio).  They need to have coaches from Big 10 country if they want to recruit there.  

I think it's a great hire for OSU. Oklahoma just doesn't have enough kids/wrestlers/talent to keep OSU at or even near the top. Where would they have been in recent years without Dieringer (wisconsin), Heil (ohio), and Collica (Ohio). They need to have coaches from Big 10 country if they want to recruit there.

Especially those with strong ties to the Jordan family's folkstyle stud factory known as SPG.

Still, I am surprised by the hire since Ringer is still active and, as far as I can tell, still hanging around the OSU room.

He didn't wrestle the most exciting style but you'd be hard pressed to find a smarter guy with the same credentials.  I'm actually surprised he decided to pursue coaching.  Really thought he was headed for business or grad school.  If he's all-in, I think he's one of the best young assistant coaching prospects out there. 

Really thought he was headed for business or grad school.  If he's all-in, I think he's one of the best young assistant coaching prospects out there. 

Hopefully he takes his dads route.  Compete and coach for an Olympic cycle or two before heading into the business/political world.

http://www.flowrestling.org/article/61274-isaac-jordan-to-coach-at-oklahoma-state#.WbAJsRl97rc

Just saw this, solid grab for Okie State and a good home for Isaac. Interested to see if he continues to compete or "just" coach. 

I could think of a lot more fun places to live than Stoolwater, Oklahoma! Good luck to Isaac none the less.