Sign in to follow this  
lu1979

Let's talk about Nebraska

I know that PSU & Ohio St are both starting the year with teams that loaded with talent unlike anything that's been seen a long time.  But we've already looked at those teams in every possible way.

Nebraska is starting the season with one proven AA threat namely Tyler Berger at 157.  I expect that he will be improved over last years version if for no other reason than he has two of the best workout partners you could ask for.  I think he is a goo bet to AA again and could even have a shot to make the finals.

Where NE gets interesting is in the six possible new stars (5 frosh/1soph) they could be starting before March.  

C Red - 141 RSF - This weight is really deep with returning talent and new studs but Red looked like the real deal during his RS season

I White - 165 So - Same deal deep weight but high level talent. 

B Breske - 174 RSF - Had some injury issues during RS season but was highly regarded out of HS - They also have true F M Labriola if he's a better option

T Venz - 184 RSF - Very strong RS season but in a very tough weight both in B10 & nationally.

E Schultz - 197 - RSF - Also a strong RS season but this weight is not so deep.  He may have a good shot at AA

J Renteria - 133 - True F - Will they start him?  They also have a NJCAA runner up who transferred in at this weight so I don't know if they will put JR into the line up.  

I also think they will be competitive at 149 with either McCrystal or Purington and K Williams will be pretty tough at 125 this year.  

It will be very hard to be top 5 this year because besides the previously mentioned ridiculously talented teams you have OSU, & Mi  who are also stacked.  With what either of those teams are starting this year with they would have been rated 1st in most of the previous 10 years.  Still I think NE is going yo be tough this year and I expect they will be in the top 10 in Cleveland.

nebraska lives is this cute little place where you recruit better than all but 3 teams, and you never place in the top 5, and people talk you up regardless.

Their alumni has done some heavy lifting at the WC's. Silver and Gold!

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Edited by cjc007

nebraska lives is this cute little place where you recruit better than all but 3 teams, and you never place in the top 5, and people talk you up regardless. 

honest question-is Nebraska typically ranked near the top in recruiting rankings?

https://www.wrestlestat.com/compare/dual/4/arizona-state/45/nebraska

says ASU wins this one big.

now...it's an imperfect model and who knows if these will even be the line-ups, but it does give some decent info on previous head to head results and/or results vs common opponents.

142, 149 and 165 are all tossups.

I love ASU, but this will be a competitive dual

What is Nebraska's lineup?

I would guess Nebraska's lineup will look like this:

125 - K Williams rsso

133 - Z Hensley NJC trans or true fresh Renteria or Miller

141 - C Red rsf

149 - McCrystal or Purington

157 - T Berger jr Ret AA 5th

165 - I White D2 NC transfer

174 -B Breske rsf or M Labriola tf

184 - T Venz rsf

197 - E Shultz rsf

Hvywt - Jensen or Grayson

They have a lot of new blood but they are very talented and I think they will be a top ten team by the end of the season. 

I would guess Nebraska's lineup will look like this:

125 - K Williams rsso

133 - Z Hensley NJC trans or true fresh Renteria or Miller

141 - C Red rsf

149 - McCrystal or Purington

157 - T Berger jr Ret AA 5th

165 - I White D2 NC transfer

174 -B Breske rsf or M Labriola tf

184 - T Venz rsf

197 - E Shultz rsf

Hvywt - Jensen or Grayson

They have a lot of new blood but they are very talented and I think they will be a top ten team by the end of the season. 

A solid young line up that is going to be salty for the next few yrs.