Sign in to follow this  
gowrestle

Will the TRANSFER Ever Win a NC?

If you feel being a 4x AA is underperforming, you don't understand what is takes to be a D1 wrestler.

This is a stupid post. If Kyle Snyder placed 6,4,4,5 at the NCAA tournament, it wouldn't be underperforming?

Edited by bigmik

If he is a 4x AA and you think he didn't live up to expectations, I really have to question your judgment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I never assumed that he was going to be a national champion. I always thought that Heil was going to be what he is today. With that said, many people expected more from Ashnault. Some thought he would be a multiple time champion or finalist, to these people he is underperforming. I don't see why this is so hard to understand.

Are you familiar with college wrestling?

Nobody is a sure thing national champ. Even guys like Mark hall, arguable the best recruit in a decade, had serious doubters and had two guys in his weight who could've beaten him at NCAAs, not to mention his multiple season losses.

Ashnault overperformed expectations especially if he becomes a 4 time AA. That is incredibly rare.

Guys like Heil far exceeded expectations. Like 1/100+. That isn't a reasonable measuring stick.

A lot of this depends on overall wrestling knowledge, and knowledge of specific individuals in particular. Heil is not far exceeding my personal expectations. I'm not surprised by his success. I predicted it.

I never assumed that he was going to be a national champion. I always thought that Heil was going to be what he is today. With that said, many people expected more from Ashnault. Some thought he would be a multiple time champion or finalist, to these people he is underperforming. I don't see why this is so hard to understand.

I assume everyone else on here must know who you are.  You obviously are a world class wrestler with your never ending critique and "criteria" for what is technically sound and who achieves vs. under performs.  Would you mind sharing your identity.  I'm very impressed with your talents and want to be able to put a name to what is obviously our most successful and credentialed poster.  

Thank you very much.  

P.S. If you would also post a picture of the Gold medals that would be great motivation for our younger readers.  Thanks again. 

You keep bringing Heil into this, thus talking to yourself, and fail to see your clear lack of judgment on Ashnault.

You keep bringing Heil into this, thus talking to yourself, and fail to see your clear lack of judgment on Ashnault.

How am I lacking judgment on Ashnault? By addressing the argument that one can not be said to be underperforming if they make the AA podium?

Yes, Kyle Snyder would be rightly classified as an "underperformer" if he failed to place higher than 4th in four trips to the NCAA tournament.

You mean Kyle Snyder, the best wrestler on the planet? What does your latest straw man have to do with any of this?

You mean Kyle Snyder, the best wrestler on the planet? What does your latest straw man have to do with any of this?

Would he not rightly be considered an under-performer if he never placed higher than 4th at the NCAA? Many seem to think that as long as you place at the NCAA three or four times, you can't be considered an under-performer. That's not true.

Someone can reasonably make the argument that Ashnault underperformed throughout his career if he fails to even make the finals this year. It's not out of the question imo.

Edited by bigmik

Would he not rightly be considered an under-performer if he never placed higher than 4th at the NCAA? Many seem to think that as long as you place at the NCAA three or four times, you can't be considered an under-performer. That's not true.

Someone can reasonably make the argument that Ashnault underperformed throughout his career if he fails to even make the finals this year. It's not out of the question imo.

You saying Ashnault is an under achiever because he hasnt won an NCAA title yet is absolutely ludacris, just like the way you create bizzare narratives to fit your assanine point of view. Do you legitimately believe anyone expected Synder to be a multi-time world champion prior to entering college? Prior to entering college I'm sure NO ONE would say if he's a 4x AA he was an under achiever. You come on these boards and spew absolute nonsense aboit how some of our coutries best wrestlers are "not that good." It's a bunch of course crap and incredibly disrespectful to these world class athletes. You are by far the biggest Monday morning quarterback on these boards.

Furthermore by using your logic Kyle Snyder is in fact an under achiever due to his losses as a freshman in 2015. He should have never lost considering he was a world champion that same year! Your logic, not mine.

To show you how assanine your posts are, you've made me actually agree with some of my biggest rivals on these forums! To be direct as possible so there's no confusion here, bigmik you are WRONG and NJWC is RIGHT!

Edited by BigTenFanboy

You saying Ashnault is an under achiever because he hasnt won an NCAA title yet is absolutely ludacris, just like the way you create bizzare narratives to fit your assanine point of view. Do you legitimately believe anyone expected Synder to be a multi-time world champion prior to entering college? Prior to entering college I'm sure NO ONE would say if he's a 4x AA he was an under achiever. You come on these boards and spew absolute nonsense aboit how some of our coutries best wrestlers are "not that good." It's a bunch of course crap and incredibly disrespectful to these world class athletes. You are by far the biggest Monday morning quarterback on these boards.

Furthermore by using your logic Kyle Snyder is in fact an under achiever due to his losses as a freshman in 2015. He should have never lost considering he was a world champion that same year! Your logic, not mine.

To show you how assanine your posts are, you've made me actually agree with some of my biggest rivals on these forums! To be direct as possible so there's no confusion here, bigmik you are WRONG and NJWC is RIGHT!

You're apparently smarter than I originally thought. Keep up the good work.

"Do you legitimately believe anyone expected Synder to be a multi-time world champion prior to entering college?"

Yes. Not only do I believe it, I know it for a fact. No less than Khadshimoutad Gatsalov himself believed this. Others on the board believed this. I believed this.

"Furthermore by using your logic Kyle Snyder is in fact an under achiever due to his losses as a freshman in 2015. He should have never lost considering he was a world champion that same year! Your logic, not mine."

No. My logic, in a literal sense, does not require that to be the case. You don't understand logic. It could be consistent with what I said if someone, did in fact, predict Snyder to be a four time undefeated champion.

"You come on these boards and spew absolute nonsense aboit how some of our coutries best wrestlers are "not that good."

When did I say this? Can youn name even one time that I did this?

Also, if Spencer Lee finished his career 5,5,5,3 at the NCAA, is it fair to say that he underperformed?

Edited by bigmik

You're apparently smarter than I originally thought. Keep up the good work.

That's because a lot of your posts are emotional knee jerk reactions filled with anger. Take more time to read what I'm actually getting at and writing. I rarely have any hidden adjenda in my posts. When I say I'm rooting for Rutgers to do well I mean it. There's no excuse for you to call anyone a dbag or a handjob on these forums, however in the last few pages here you're 100% right.

"Do you legitimately believe anyone expected Synder to be a multi-time world champion prior to entering college?"

Yes. Not only do I believe it, I know it for a fact. No less than Khadshimoutad Gatsalov himself believed this. Others on the board believed this. I believed this.

"Furthermore by using your logic Kyle Snyder is in fact an under achiever due to his losses as a freshman in 2015. He should have never lost considering he was a world champion that same year! Your logic, not mine."

No. My logic, in a literal sense, does not require that to be the case. You don't understand logic. It could be consistent with what I said if someone, did in fact, predict Snyder to be a four time undefeated champion.

"You come on these boards and spew absolute nonsense aboit how some of our coutries best wrestlers are "not that good."

When did I say this? Can youn name even one time that I did this?

Also, if Spencer Lee finished his career 5,5,5,3 at the NCAA, is it fair to say that he underperformed?

If Spencer Lee finishes 5 5 5 3 I won't say it's an underperformance. Who's to say someone else does improve tremendously and become better than him? What if his injuries doesn't heal correctly.

As for saying wrestlers aren't that good?

According to you Ben Askren is not that good.

According to you Alex Derringer is not that good.

The point is your are the biggest Monday morning quarterback on these boards.

Your posts are often ludacris.

NJWC is not wrong

I am not wrong.

You are wrong.

If Spencer Lee finishes 5 5 5 3 I won't say it's an underperformance. Who's to say someone else does improve tremendously and become better than him? What if his injuries doesn't heal correctly.

I'm assuming that he gets healthy and stays that way. So, if healthy. Lee finishes 5,5,5,3, is he underperforming?