hammerlockthree

Best Legger Ever (Where is Zain in the discussion)

Give him time. He was only a freshman last season and the only top 10 guys he wrestled were IMar, Massa, Jordan and Walsh. All of which were actually top 5 guys who pretty much don't get turned period.

Well few of them were smart enough to not choose down with him. While he may not have turned them but they would not have enjoyed their time on bottom. Like you said give him a couple more years. Once he gets a more solid TD game going, there will be some really hard decisions to make when an opponent has choice.

On 9/15/2017 at 9:35 PM, tmk said:

I can't find any right now, but there used to be some on YouTube from an Iowa-Iowa State dual meet on IPTV from somewhere around 1987-1989 when he was wrestling against Mike Carpenter, I believe. He almost broke him in two cranking with legs. I seem to remember the announcers referring to him as kind of "scary"on top.

Old topic, but just found some good old footage of Tim Krieger leg riding vs Carpenter of Iowa...pretty brutal rider...starts just after the 51 minute mark

Funny remembrance about Krieger's dominance in high school. One of my college teammates was from Iowa, and he showed me an old article on wrestling previewing the Iowa state high school tournament from Krieger's senior year at Mason City HS. For each weight there was some detailed analysis about various potential finalists and match-ups, and when it got to Krieger's weight class, it basically just said "pencil in Mason City's Tim Krieger for his third state title" and nothing else.

On 9/24/2017 at 10:20 PM, hammerlockthree said:

he isn't top 20

Sorry to disagree with a post from two years ago but I have to disagree.  Palmer was a freaking animal with a modified power half and is often overlooked because he doesn't have the standard leg rider body type.  He was a Mitch Clark disciple in high school and initially signed with Hellickson mainly because of Clark (from what I understand).  When Tom Ryan was hired prior to his freshman year Palmer re-committed to tOSU despite the change in coaching staff.  

On 10/5/2017 at 5:30 PM, KTG119 said:

BadgerMon....does Wisconsin Nat Champ of the late 80s Dave Lee qualify here? recall he was tough on top but not sure he was really a legger.

KTG119- Dave Lee was a punisher, coached by Dave Schultz to bow and arrow the livin' beejeesus out of any poor sap in his way.

30 minutes ago, BadgerMon said:

KTG119- Dave Lee was a punisher, coached by Dave Schultz to bow and arrow the livin' beejeesus out of any poor sap in his way.

Dave Lee was a very tough leg rider as well...see video below of him winning the 1989 NCAA championship at 167 lbs (starts around the 52 minute mark). Quality of the video is pretty lousy, though.

4 hours ago, balanceseeker said:

Sorry to disagree with a post from two years ago but I have to disagree.  Palmer was a freaking animal with a modified power half and is often overlooked because he doesn't have the standard leg rider body type.  He was a Mitch Clark disciple in high school and initially signed with Hellickson mainly because of Clark (from what I understand).  When Tom Ryan was hired prior to his freshman year Palmer re-committed to tOSU despite the change in coaching staff.  

he didn't turn people he was a boring wrestler