Sign in to follow this  
vsnej

"I'm a Jersey Guy"

Which is why it is nicer! It is a zoo during the summer. Take a stroll along the bayside of Sandy Hook in the fall or spring and appreciate nature. Return in the summer and see it trashed...

Anyway, I am very excited to follow Rutgers next season. Should be lots of fun.

And most of the people that trash it are not from NJ (like most of the cast of Jersey Shore).

But anyway, I agree I am excited to see how Rutgers does.

In terms of the topic, I would tend to agree that based on the fact that the waiver was granted, there had to be something going on there, and Suriano basically said that - "with the circumstances I had to go through." I guess we'll never know what it was exactly.

I don't necessarily think it was not wrestling him in Big10's or NCAA's. My best guess based on the article might be the fact that maybe they were pushing him to get surgery but he didn't want to.

I still fail to see how there's any evidence the dad had anything to do with it. In the article Suriano specifically said "this is my choice."

I also interpreted the "had a title stripped from me" line to be more because of the injury, not by Cael or anything.

Edited by 1032004

Obviously, I don't know the extent of Suriano's ankle injury.

But, the fact that surgery was suggested,implies some type of "structural" damage.

Many  injuries  "heal" over time.

The question is,without surgery,will the joint be as "sound" ?

I had my shoulder separated in my senior year of college . 

It "healed",without surgery,but has never been the same.

I was told by the orthopedist who treated me that,when you injure a joint,it never heals back to where it was, and is easier to reinjure.

I would also think that Suriano's opponents are are going to try to "test" his ankle all season.

How the ankle holds up over the course of the season may give an indication of whether or not surgery was the preferable treatment.

A lot of money has been pumped into Asbury over the past 10 years trying to make it into this wanna-be hipster Brooklyn spot and is pretty nice over by Ocean and Cookman Ave. area.  Really good food but nearly impossible to get a reservation at some of the places during the summer.  If you live in the "shore" town areas your favorite time of the year will definitely be spring before the Beny's and Shoobies show up and fall after they leave.

Back to discussing wrestling, Rutgers is going to have a pretty solid lineup at the lower weight classes provided Ashnault is healthy.

125 Suriano

133 Delvecchio

141 Ashnault

149 Giraldo

157 Lewis

Pretty excited to follow the team and attend as many matches as I can.  Should be a pretty raucous crowd for the Iowa and PSU meets.

Anyone who has ever lived in NJ knows exactly what he means and understands why he wouldn't mesh with the "have fun and give glory to god"/ no alcohol or tattoos allowed mentality. 

I'm sure the ankle stuff was a disagreement, but at the end of the day, I think they were just being smart with how they played the waiver game. Sprained ankles rarely if ever require surgery to heal, so it must have been really bad if the medical staff was pushing for that.  

Bergan Catholic?

Maybe outside people hate on NJ because so many people work in the 2 big cities surrounding the state (NYC and Philadelphia) and bring that money back to NJ and spend it on the nice beautiful suburban homes and the awesome shore houses. Most Jersey haters sound like sour grapes to me...

Edited by BigTenFanboy

Maybe outside people hate on NJ because so many people work in the 2 big cities surrounding the state (NYC and Philadelphia) and bring that money back to NJ and spend it on the nice beautiful suburban homes and the awesome shore houses. Most Jersey haters sound like sour grapes to me...

The Jersey Shore minus a place or two is phenomenal. The Northwest part of the state is phenomenal. The rest of the state is not the same thing as it is mainly just crowded. Jersey ranks comfortably numero UNO in population density among all 50 states. No other state even comes close. 

I would take a suburban home in just about any other state before Jersey. 

Getting back to the article, it honestly seems like NS is a little bit arrogant and seems to think PSU had it out for him. Again, he is a "kid" in regards to having to deal with the media, and it isn't a softball of a topic for him. He states that he had a title taken from him, and he never wanted surgery. At the end of the day, NS was in the bracket and had the chance to wrestle at NCAAs. I wasn't in attendance but did he try to give it a go and couldn't? If Cael let him wrestle how did he have the title stolen from him? Sounds like the kid is having a hard time dealing with injuries and that they are a part of life. It seems like he thinks PSU injured him. Again, maybe he isn't wording his comments correctly. But I didn't come away from reading that article having more points in his corner.

Getting back to the article, it honestly seems like NS is a little bit arrogant and seems to think PSU had it out for him. Again, he is a "kid" in regards to having to deal with the media, and it isn't a softball of a topic for him. He states that he had a title taken from him, and he never wanted surgery. At the end of the day, NS was in the bracket and had the chance to wrestle at NCAAs. I wasn't in attendance but did he try to give it a go and couldn't? If Cael let him wrestle how did he have the title stolen from him? Sounds like the kid is having a hard time dealing with injuries and that they are a part of life. It seems like he thinks PSU injured him. Again, maybe he isn't wording his comments correctly. But I didn't come away from reading that article having more points in his corner.

Spot on gopher fan. 

PSU has a former national champion wrestler on the medical staff. If the med staff/trainers did not clear Nick to wrestle, he wasn't going to wrestle. Cael would have little say in the matter. But even if Cael did have a say in the matter, what would people have said, Nick included, had he gone out on the mat and gotten his leg broken for sure? 

Thousands of wrestlers are injured each year and I bet 99.999 percent of the time the schools do the right thing for their wrestlers. Suriano implying Cael did him wrong for not allowing him to go on that injured foot is pretty lame, especially when him going could only help Cael in the points race. The PSU decision clearly placed Nick's health above Cael's coaching record. 

Edited by TBar1977

Fresno, CA - everything Jersey wants to be.

As for Suriano, I think he will miss the both the quality and quantity of training partners in the room and it will have an effect on his chances for a National Title. He will help Rutgers and this is a positive for them. He would have helped Penn State and it is their loss. I think they will do OK even as they would have been better with him healthy and in the lineup.

Everything I have seen and read of Cael Sanderson and his staff tells me he/they work for his wrestlers and care about them. Not just on the mat but as they work to be successful in life after College. Hope Suriano does well but I think he made a poor choice as far as his wrestling future goes. On the whole - maybe it was the best one for him. Time will tell.

Spot on gopher fan. 

PSU has a former national champion wrestler on the medical staff. If the med staff/trainers did not clear Nick to wrestle, he wasn't going to wrestle. Cael would have little say in the matter. But even if Cael did have a say in the matter, what would people have said, Nick included, had he gone out on the mat and gotten his leg broken for sure? 

Thousands of wrestlers are injured each year and I bet 99.999 percent of the time the schools do the right thing for their wrestlers. Suriano implying Cael did him wrong for not allowing him to go on that injured foot is pretty lame, especially when him going could only help Cael in the points race. The PSU decision clearly placed Nick's health above Cael's coaching record. 

How do we know that is what I he implying?

If it is, I don't think for a second that he is doing anything but posturing to save face. No Way he was anywhere near reasonably healthy and Cael held him out. 

I see this silliness as I just return from the oceanfront on a beautiful day.  Jersey, in places, is paradise.  The Jersey Shore and Northwest Jersey are beautiful places.  To say anything different is either a play to be difficult or sadly ignorant.   That's OK though, we don't really want any more people here.  

Paradise?  Yes!  Like April in Paris, only all the time!!! 

I actually choked on my coffee when I first read this.  You need to get out and travel before you reach featherbrained conclusions like this one.  How does the Jersey shore compare to Bora Bora?  How high would you rank New Jersey's best city by international standards?  Are they are a secret gem that world travelers don't yet know about?

I spend much of my time in the Hamptons.  It's nicer than anything NJ has by a long shot, but I wouldn't call it "paradise".  It's just convenient from New York and I have family and friends there.

Paradise?  Yes!  Like April in Paris, only all the time!!! 

I actually choked on my coffee when I first read this.  You need to get out and travel before you reach featherbrained conclusions like this one.  How does the Jersey shore compare to Bora Bora?  How high would you rank New Jersey's best city by international standards?  Are they are a secret gem that world travelers don't yet know about?

I spend much of my time in the Hamptons.  It's nicer than anything NJ has by a long shot, but I wouldn't call it "paradise".  It's just convenient from New York and I have family and friends there.

Best cities???   I guess you conveniently ignored my "in places" modifier so you could impress the rest of us with your Hamptons lifestyle.  Duly noted.  "Jersey, in places, is paradise.  The Jersey Shore and Northwest Jersey are beautiful places. "

I'd wager I've traveled plenty.  I've been in Paris in April, and June, July, and other months - great city.  May move there in retirement.   Been to 4 continents.  Want to go to Australia, been to Tahiti, own a place in the Caribbean, done all of the Western European countries, etc.   Bora Bora - Great place - wouldn't choose to raise a family there. Not much to like about that Polynesian education system.      

Monmouth County - excellent beaches, restaurants, education system.  

Morris County - beautiful countryside, great schools, nice people. 

Try not to be such a big shot.  It's unbecoming. 

It's a beautiful day.  Be grateful.  

FYI - because you have your head up your butt doesn't make you a Doctor of Proctology.  

Enjoy. 

Jersey beaches can be a lot BETTER than the beaches at Bora Bora. Not even close. The reason is simple, because I can drive to LBI or Avalon in 2hrs. I can't do that with Bora Bora. And anyone who thinks Avalon doesn't have a nice beach is someone I hope doesn't even think about coming to Avalon. 

IMG_4134.jpg