Sign in to follow this  
cornercoach

GrAb BaG of topics

Dude, grey is boring as hell. And ugly.

OU's got pretty decent looking outfits, but I also think Iowa's singlets are great looking. Love that ominous looking black/gold.

my HS school colors were maroon and grey. My 1st few years of wrestling our singlets were grey...just grey. no lettering, emblem, maroon band around the leg, nothing, plain ass, boring as hell, grey. 

I was on here pretty much all day Saturday, on and off, but I was sitting by my smoker cooking a brisket and couldn't leave. Does that qualify as productive?

I ship Wagyu briskets across the country to guys that compete in BBQ contests.  In my opinion, your day was productive.

Why to tilts score near fall points in folkstyle?  Has anyone been pinned in a tilt?  is it a pinning combination?

1) They are called near fall points because Grandpa and his friends decided that if you hold someones shoulders at an angle of 45 degrees or less for 2 seconds or more  -- against their will, mind you -- it is nearly a fall situation and should be awarded points in a wrestling match(note:  this is not an arbitrary distinction).

2) I have been pinned with tilts, as have most of the posters on this board whether they will admit to it or not.

3) Yes

I have wandered oops wondered what is the education level for the folks that frequent themat msg boards ? Give grade level. Did you finish HS ? Did you go to college ?

Finish college ? A post grad degree ? Such as MS-or-MA ?  

Often, I will look at a post and think.......where did that guy learn (not learn?) to say that, out here in the public arena ? Please note that I do not think that a lot of education translates to the making of a '(more than)' kinda person. Well, I am thinking that truthfulness is important here. If you are fearful about this, just know that fear is OK. It is just a feeling. And all feelings are OK. It's what we do with those feelings that counts (the most). Come on now, have at it. We are wrestlers and wrestling lovers. That makes us hmmm, that makes us......

Edited by denny

my HS school colors were maroon and grey. My 1st few years of wrestling our singlets were grey...just grey. no lettering, emblem, maroon band around the leg, nothing, plain ass, boring as hell, grey. 

My HS colors were maroon and gold, officially. Our outfits looked a lot like ISU's, except with a Tiger on front instead of "ISU". When I wrestled in the Army I wore a plain blue singlet with red/white trim.

...Masters in Educational Administration from University of Dayton... took 10 years to finish it, was teaching and coaching, but finally finished it....

Master of Arts from the University of Arizona    Tucson, Arizona. My degree, within the academic guidelines of the College of Education. 

My post grad work in the College of Education, offered a study in Rehabilitation, for children/teens at risk.

I have wandered oops wondered what is the education level for the folks that frequent themat msg boards ? Give grade level. Did you finish HS ? Did you go to college ?

Often, I will look at a post and think.......where did that guy learn (not learn?) to say that, out here in the public arena ? Please note that I do not think that a lot of education translates to the making of a '(more than)' kinda person. Well, I am thinking that truthfulness is important here. If you are fearful about this, just know that fear is OK. It is just a feeling. And all feelings are OK. It's what we do with those feelings that counts (the most). Come on now, have at it. We are wrestlers and wrestling lovers. That makes us hmmm, that makes us......

HS grad, working on my undergrad. I intend on getting my masters at some point in (school) advising/counseling if I'm lucky enough to end up working in a district that will help me pay for it.

I believe I'm probably on the younger end of the age spectrum of posters here. I work at my alma mater as an aide, and I coach as well - I only have two friends who are as "into" wrestling as I am, so I get on here mostly to get my fix (since FRL is only 2x a week, and Askren's podcast is like once a month) and get some of my opinions and stuff out in there air to people who might care a little. I enjoy this board, even if the conversations tend to digress quite a bit. 

Also, I can say with confidence I've never been pinned by a tilt. That made me laugh. 

Edited by iGranby

Master of Science, Mechanical Engineering, Lehigh University.

My son's high school mascot was a revolutionary war colonial brandishing a musket

...until the PC crowd eliminated "guns" displayed on school garb

In an act of defiance the XC coach made up his own shirts with a cannon on it 

Got my degree in dentistry from the Pennsylvania College of Dental Surgery.  Set up practice in Atlanta but it wasn't long before the TB hit.  Went out west for the dry air and started my new life as a gamblin' man.  

OK then.