• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 de4856

de4856

Silver Member

• Members
  • 1,162 posts

Posted 12 September 2017 - 10:52 AM

So, because of the new weigh in procedure, and Gilman's success, has 57, become a strong weight class for us?
Many may say that Gilman only succeeded due to a depleted weight class. But with the new weigh in procedures does that keep many of the top stars at 61 until 2020?
And if that happens, do we see Gilman roll into Tokyo with two additional World Medals/Titles under his belt?
Additionally with Fix, Lee and others also waiting in the wings does that mean a continuation of success in this weight?

#2 Housebuye

Housebuye

Gold Member

• Members
  • 3,046 posts

Posted 12 September 2017 - 11:15 AM

I think Fix wins a world gold there, so yes strong for America.

If Gilman didn't have the bye, I may even pick Fix next year to make the team.

#3 treep2000

treep2000

Bronze Member

• Members
  • 675 posts

Posted 12 September 2017 - 11:57 AM

I think the new weigh in procedures will allow some of our "smaller" guys to take a path that they haven't been able to in a long time.  Guys who "walk around" at 135 or below basically.  Spencer Lee benefits, folks like Kurt McHenry will benefit (he's a super small cadet, right?), etc.  Back in the mid-90's, there was a 103 from Ohio that was "lights out" good, but he was so very small compared to the collegiate weight classes.  Given the opportunity to walk into a 57kg would have benefitted him greatly, just like the other guys that are on the smaller side of 125 in college.  In fact, those guys that may believe that 125 in NCAA's is too big, may opt for a "freestyle only" route (kinda like the greco only route taken by some today).  

It's good for America, and it's good for the "little guy".  

#4 Erminio8

Erminio8

Bronze Member

• Members
  • 108 posts

Posted 12 September 2017 - 12:46 PM

So, because of the new weigh in procedure, and Gilman's success, has 57, become a strong weight class for us?
Many may say that Gilman only succeeded due to a depleted weight class. But with the new weigh in procedures does that keep many of the top stars at 61 until 2020?
And if that happens, do we see Gilman roll into Tokyo with two additional World Medals/Titles under his belt?
Additionally with Fix, Lee and others also waiting in the wings does that mean a continuation of success in this weight?

Can Gilman make 57 under new weigh in rules? He seems big

#5 de4856

de4856

Silver Member

• Members
  • 1,162 posts

Posted 12 September 2017 - 12:53 PM

Gilman made 125, for multiple days at the NCAA's, so I believe he will make 57, without too much of an issue.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users