wrestlingphish

Medved Results

NaTo in the finals against the guy who beat Graff 2-0 in the semis.

Futrell loses to Vlasov from Russia 6-0 in the quarters.

Small brackets. NaTo is only 2-0 on the day and is in the finals. First round tech 10-0 and 6-1 in the semis. Doesn't look like too stiff of competition.

Medved is pretty prestigious.

Our 3rd string (no offense!) guy winning it is impressive

NATO is right up there and was very close to beating Gilman. I also think he poses a stylistic challenge to Fix and Spencer Lee. I do it Fix has ever wrestled a guy that strong. He normally has an advantage there.

Well of the matches I watched, I thought our guys moved well and looked good overall. The guy NaTo wrestled in the finals was pretty slick, but I thought should've been put on the clock in the 2nd period. I think NaTo gets by this guy if they wrestle again. Anyway, I think this was a good experience for our guys, they all got a few matches and saw some success, and have something to build on. Hopefully the guys going tomorrow will do as well or better.

Anybody know any info on the guys Maple beat? It looks like he had close matches with two Russians... Are they any where close to the top of their ladder? Maple strikes me as one of those guys who could potentially be one of those breakout newcomers (on the international scene), but not sure how close he is now?