Sign in to follow this  
superbowlhomeboy

Rocky Jordan commits to Ohio State

Must have gotten a scoop about Carr going to ISU or Cornell

From what I hear, Carr has it narrowed down to ISU and tOSU.

There will be room in the lineup for both at tOSU.

I hope Rocky develops into what his brothers are. TOSU has landed solid recruits, but they are losing 3 title contenders next season. They need a few more top 10 guys to commit.

What are his creds?

As was the case with the other Jordans he didn't go outside Folkstyle so his National Tournament results are limited. He took 2nd and 5th at the Ironman in his 1st 2 seasons, but didn't wrestle in it last year.  As far as his Ohio wrestling resume goes, it is pretty damn strong going into his Senior season.  2nd(132), 1st(145) and 1st(152).

FLO has him at #52 overall and Intermat has him at #36.

Edited by MSU158

Rocky is a solid pickup - He's a 3x state finalist, losing in his freshman year to Cam Kelly who claimed his 4th state title by winning that particular match (Kelly having a relatively nice career at Ohio thus far, 2x? NCAA qualifier and a midlands placer this past season.)

I was texting a friend last night about Rocky and Carr; I personally think Carr is headed to ISU but the allure of the ORTC cant be denied.

That aside, this is a thread about RJ - I think he will contend for individual national titles. He reminds me a fair bit of Isaac.  

Rocky is a solid pickup - He's a 3x state finalist, losing in his freshman year to Cam Kelly who claimed his 4th state title by winning that particular match (Kelly having a relatively nice career at Ohio thus far, 2x? NCAA qualifier and a midlands placer this past season.)

I was texting a friend last night about Rocky and Carr; I personally think Carr is headed to ISU but the allure of the ORTC cant be denied.

That aside, this is a thread about RJ - I think he will contend for individual national titles. He reminds me a fair bit of Isaac.  

Yeah Kelly beat him 3-0 and it was a Freshman vs. a soon to be 4timer Senior.  Still, Rocky was definitely a late bloomer taking all 8 of his losses his first 2 seasons.  He went undefeated as a Junior in limited action, only wrestling 26 matches.

As a result, he is definitely a bit under the radar considering the family name.  Sort of like Nelson Brands, their development in a DI room could be very substantial!

As a result, he is definitely a bit under the radar considering the family name.  Sort of like Nelson Brands, their development in a DI room could be very substantial!

Yeah - thats why he reminds me of Isaac somewhat. I think Isaac won 3 state titles as well, and was a bit underrated due to that missing 4th title. He put together a great career for Wisconsin though.

Hopefully he is fishing for walleye or pike in the Great Lake Region of Ohio.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Does it matter if its on public or private land?  A lot of those private places do the best recruiting and land some lunkers.

not exactly. He has the losses to top wrestlers. No bad losses as far as I know.

Rocky also had some injuries early on in his HS career, along with possibly not being at his ideal weight.