Sign in to follow this  
KTG119

Pitt with two local commits

Pretty sure Cole is the younger brother of Edinboro's Austin Matthews who wrestled at Dapper Dan against Jake Short from Minnesota. Luke is the younger brother of Jake who committed to OU before choosing PSU and then to transfering to Lock Haven.  

Cole Matthews is the higher rated guy for sure. 

Edited by TBar1977

I think they are great recruits for us right now.  Matthews is definitely the higher rated guy and probably is the more exciting recruit for us, but I think Luke has a high ceiling.  We also just got a commit from Louis Newell (he finished 8th, 2nd, 2nd at states so far).  Loading up on the lightweights right now.

Pretty sure Cole is the younger brother of Edinboro's Austin Matthews who wrestled at Dapper Dan against Jake Short from Minnesota. Luke is the younger brother of Jake who wrestled for OU before transferring to PSU and then to another school. 

Cole Matthews is the higher rated guy for sure. 

thought Jake went straight to PSU out of HS, around same time as Taylor? Beat Vallimont in intrasquad match as a true freshman? then Lock Haven later?

of course there are 8,000 Kem... wrestlers so might have it mixed up. 

thought Jake went straight to PSU out of HS, around same time as Taylor? Beat Vallimont in intrasquad match as a true freshman? then Lock Haven later?

of course there are 8,000 Kem... wrestlers so might have it mixed up. 

He at least committed to Oklahoma first before later coming to PSU. Here is one article that mentions it. I edited my prior post for clarity's sake. I mainly mentioned Austin and Jake to note the recruits you had asked about came from strong wrestling families. 

http://triblive.com/sports/college/district/3175816-74/kemerer-haven-lock

Edited by TBar1977

He at least committed to Oklahoma first before later coming to PSU. Here is one article that mentions it. I edited my prior post for clarity's sake. I mainly mentioned Austin and Jake to note the recruits you had asked about came from strong wrestling families. 

http://triblive.com/sports/college/district/3175816-74/kemerer-haven-lock

yeah committed, then changed his mind last second.  but never there (OU). 

Edited by KTG119