Sign in to follow this  
Cedeno

Wrestlestat

Speaking of wrestlestat.com, they have PD3 ranked # 5 at 184 for the upcoming season - which seems way too low.  Hopefully, we have someone on the board with the expertise to help them fix their algorithm.  Perhaps a Johns Hopkins engineer or similarly credentialed individual. tongue.gif

Edited by HurricaneWrestling

That's Boomer's old site.  R.I.P.  I believe that Cedeno is looking for wrestlestat.com - which is a working URL.  Like JB said, maybe he mistyped the URL - or  maybe it was down when he tried it.  Anyway, its working now.

The Lehigh/EIWA parts of the site is up to date.

Edited by gimpeltf

The Lehigh/EIWA parts of the site is up to date.

Cool.  Also, it looks like parts of the main site (e.g., brackets, tournament summary) have been updated - at least through 2016.  Unfortunately, some of the other data (e.g. find a champ) hasn't been updated since Boomer's passing.  For example, when I searched "find a champ" for Taylor, only Chris Taylor's career record came up.

Hopefully, someone out there (with access and the needed expertise) will take on the task of updating wrestlingstats.com.  

Cool.  Also, it looks like parts of the main site (e.g., brackets, tournament summary) have been updated - at least through 2016.  Unfortunately, some of the other data (e.g. find a champ) hasn't been updated since Boomer's passing.  For example, when I searched "find a champ" for Taylor, only Chris Taylor's career record came up.

Hopefully, someone out there (with access and the needed expertise) will take on the task of updating wrestlingstats.com.

Really. I love this site. Have used it as a 'go to' since it's inception. A while back I noticed that the NCAA tourney results (brackets) were a few years behind.

That, as hurricane pointed out, has been sorted out. I agree that we as a wrestling community should see to it that this site is maintained and frequently

updated (or both).    :  )

A few of us have done what we could. As I said, the Lehigh part is updated pretty regularly. EIWA is updated shortly after the event each year. NCAA brackets done a while after the event but you're right that much of the databasing is missing.

This should tell you how good (and crazy, I guess) Boomer really was with this as he was also doing other databases with this.