Sign in to follow this  
judaspriest

Does anyone have a copy of Paul Jenn's win over Cael Sanderson video?

It's amazing that Jenn beat him one year earlier and then the very next season Cael was up 14-1 when Jenn was disqualified for stalling

This is the second match. I've never seen the first where Jenn won, but I would love to if video exists. Amazing improvement from Cael in one year, though he is the best college wrestler of all time, so I guess it's not that crazy.

Does anyone have the video of Paul Jenn's win over Cael Sanderson at the Northern Iowa Open (when Cael was competing unattached frosh)? Tired of hearing about it and would love to actually see

Thanks and regards,

JP

Just curious - If someone mailed a copy to you, could you play it? :)

We can, at times be so negative.

The professor has done so much for our sport. He has made so many positive contributions to our sport. He has become one of the top teachers of wrestling technique. He instills in his wrestlers (and others) the mind set of (for) winning.

Coach Cael often lectures about the importance of family. 

Sanderson has had unparalleled success in his own life. In the lives of others. "Score as much as you can. As quickly as you can do it".2015

Cael has been -and is- perhaps one of the top role models....in all of sport. All levels. His entire life speaks for itself.

The professor is a damn good man. 

Addendum on 9/27/17 :

After further review, methinks that I got carried away a bit. No, this particular topic is not necessarily riddled with negative verbiage. About anyone - really.

If some of you thought that to be the case--I apologize.

In wrestling,

Denny

Edited by denny

We can, at times be so negative.

The professor has done so much for our sport. He has made so many positive contributions to our sport. He has become one of the top teachers of wrestling technique. He instills in his wrestlers (and others) the mind set of (for) winning.

Coach Cael often lectures about the importance of family. 

Sanderson has had unparalleled success in his own life. In the lives of others. "Score as much as you can. As quickly as you can do it".2015

Cael has been -and is- perhaps one of the top role models....in all of sport. All levels. His entire life speaks for itself.

The professor is a damn good man. 

I don't think asking to see a video of the guy's loss is being negative. Kyle Snyder's only NCAA folkstyle loss will be talked about on here for years.  The same is true for Gable's legendary loss.  Cael's only loss is in many ways just as interesting and will remain a subject of discussion. Even though he was not as decorated a wrestler as Snyder will be, and the loss wasn't as dramatic as Gable's, it will always be of interest because his official record is undefeated. Also, it would be pretty interesting to see the amount he improved to go from losing to teching in year's time. 

I don't think asking to see a video of the guy's loss is being negative. Kyle Snyder's only NCAA folkstyle loss will be talked about on here for years.  The same is true for Gable's legendary loss.  Cael's only loss is in many ways just as interesting and will remain a subject of discussion. Even though he was not as decorated a wrestler as Snyder will be, and the loss wasn't as dramatic as Gable's, it will always be of interest because his official record is undefeated. Also, it would be pretty interesting to see the amount he improved to go from losing to teching in year's time. 

It seems as though even Cael's freestyle losses were very close. We recently saw video of one of his matches where he scored 4 or 5 TD's and gave up one but still lost just due to the Sr. wrestler's better understanding of free technique. Cael had losses for sure, but beating him was still very difficult even when his free skill level raw. 

I don't believe the OP was being negative at all. 

Wow, lot's of replies... but still nobody with a video yet, unfortunately (to answer Plasmodium's question). I am assuming TBar1977 you saw it live rather than in a recording so we don't even know if anyone has recorded it.

Not sure I get denny's point about negativity either - the video is a curio specifically because of Cael's success, not a means of knocking him down in any way.

RIP Paul Jenn indeed.

Wow, lot's of replies... but still nobody with a video yet, unfortunately (to answer Plasmodium's question). I am assuming TBar1977 you saw it live rather than in a recording so we don't even know if anyone has recorded it.

Not sure I get denny's point about negativity either - the video is a curio specifically because of Cael's success, not a means of knocking him down in any way.

RIP Paul Jenn indeed.

I have never seen Sanderson vs. Jenn 1. 

No guarantee the film exists. It was the final of some obscure open.

Sanderson also had an overtime match with Lee Weber the match before. Clearly he isn't going to look like the sanderson we are accustomed to. 

People who drop Snyders freshmen year losses are ignoring how beatable Sanderson was as a true freshmen. If he'd been thrown right in he would have lost a handful of times.

Oh, I misunderstood then - thought you were talking about the first one.

Argh, where were all those people recording videos with their iphones when we needed them?!

iPhones didnt exist back then lol!

It happened during the 1997-98 season so it would have most likely been recorded on an 8mm Camcorder.

I'm not sure someone out there even has it on those old tapes, but if they do then they would need to convert it to a digital format which could be a major hassle in it of itself..

Edited by BigTenFanboy

iPhones didnt exist back then lol!

It happened during the 1997-98 season so it would have most likely been recorded on an 8mm Camcorder.

I'm not sure someone out there even has it on those old tapes, but if they do then they would need to convert it to a digital format which could be a major hassle in it of itself..

i heard Cael had some guys go buy the tape so he owns it now. It's been placed in  'the vault' and will only be released after Cael is no longer coaching. 

It seems as though even Cael's freestyle losses were very close. We recently saw video of one of his matches where he scored 4 or 5 TD's and gave up one but still lost just due to the Sr. wrestler's better understanding of free technique. Cael had losses for sure, but beating him was still very difficult even when his free skill level raw. 

I don't believe the OP was being negative at all.

Cael is 3 1/2 years older than Gatsalov. He had more senior level experience at that time. He was favored yet still lost. Two solid takedowns and a gut won the match for Gatsalov. I wouldn't say that "better understanding of free technique" came into play in that match. Cael saw all of those positions plenty of times before that match.

Cael is 3 1/2 years older than Gatsalov. He had more senior level experience at that time. He was favored yet still lost. Two solid takedowns and a gut won the match for Gatsalov. I wouldn't say that "better understanding of free technique" came into play in that match. Cael saw all of those positions plenty of times before that match.

i wasn't referring to Cael vs. Gatsalov in that post.