Photo

Jordan Decatur injured, out for WNO (link)

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 TBar1977

TBar1977

Hall of Fame Member

• Members
  • 10,121 posts

Posted 25 September 2017 - 11:26 PM

Gavin Teasdale will now wrestle against Pat Glory. PA best vs Jersey best at 126.

http://www.flowrestl...-1#.WcpG2siGNPY

I have set aside funds to have six Green Bay Packers be my pall bearers, that way they can let me down one final time. 

#2 LordNelson

LordNelson

Gold Member

• Members
  • 2,528 posts

Posted 02 October 2017 - 03:06 AM

Well, at least he won't have to make weight.

Oh wait, you don't need to.

#3 Husker_Du

Husker_Du

Gold Member

• Members
  • 8,437 posts

Posted 03 October 2017 - 01:43 PM

Well, at least he won't have to make weight.

Oh wait, you don't need to.

Who told you that lie? 

Don't make Zebra unhappy.

#4 LordNelson

LordNelson

Gold Member

• Members
  • 2,528 posts

Posted 03 October 2017 - 11:34 PM

Who told you that lie? 

Rumor around the campfire is that in 2015 not all the athletes made weight, yet competed.

I don't expect you to admit it happened but the campers are pretty reputable people obviously representing high level marquee athletes.

Ultimately it is a great event to promote the sport.

I've seen every one and am a loyal Flo subscriber.

But, not a cool thing when one guy shows up at weight and some of the other(s) don't.

#5 cbg

cbg

Bronze Member

• Members
  • 766 posts

Posted 04 October 2017 - 03:04 AM

Rumor around the campfire is that in 2015 not all the athletes made weight, yet competed.

I don't expect you to admit it happened but the campers are pretty reputable people obviously representing high level marquee athletes.

Ultimately it is a great event to promote the sport.

I've seen every one and am a loyal Flo subscriber.

But, not a cool thing when one guy shows up at weight and some of the other(s) don't.

I heard the same rumor!  It's my understanding that some kids knew ahead of time and were 10+ over while other wrestlers were not informed and made weight.

#6 LordNelson

LordNelson

Gold Member

• Members
  • 2,528 posts

Posted 05 October 2017 - 01:51 AM

My facebook reel just highlighted one of the alledged "overweight" athletes.

#7 Husker_Du

Husker_Du

Gold Member

• Members
  • 8,437 posts

Posted 05 October 2017 - 02:59 AM

the first few years i weighed the kids in as they came in/arrived.

last year (because i've heard these same 'rumors') i weighed the kids in with their opponent present and looking at the scale.

Don't make Zebra unhappy.

#8 LordNelson

LordNelson

Gold Member

• Members
  • 2,528 posts

Posted 05 October 2017 - 09:22 AM

Well, at least you didn't try to deny it.

#9 MadMardigain

MadMardigain

Gold Member

• Members
  • 8,381 posts

Posted 05 October 2017 - 10:45 AM

As long as the weights not extremely over you almost have to let them wrestle since it's this time of showcase event. However, You can penalize the wrestler 1 point for every pound they are over the pre-agreed upon weight. 0.1-1.0 over it's a point for your opponent. 1.1-2.0 over and it's 2 points. And so on.

I'm guessing most of them won't want to start a couple points down in this tough of a match. Their opponents too good to just be giving away points. Nor would they want the embarassemrnt of showing the wrestle community that a weight issue was the reason they were down points early. These guys are ultra-competitors and would hate to lose the match even if they tried to claim it was only due to a weight issue.

Edited by MadMardigain, 05 October 2017 - 10:48 AM.

#10 cbg

cbg

Bronze Member

• Members
  • 766 posts

Posted 06 October 2017 - 02:58 AM

As long as the weights not extremely over you almost have to let them wrestle since it's this time of showcase event. However, You can penalize the wrestler 1 point for every pound they are over the pre-agreed upon weight. 0.1-1.0 over it's a point for your opponent. 1.1-2.0 over and it's 2 points. And so on.

I'm guessing most of them won't want to start a couple points down in this tough of a match. Their opponents too good to just be giving away points. Nor would they want the embarassemrnt of showing the wrestle community that a weight issue was the reason they were down points early. These guys are ultra-competitors and would hate to lose the match even if they tried to claim it was only due to a weight issue.

What is considered "EXTREMELY OVER" by the group conducting the weigh-in?

The weight that is agreed upon should be made with no (zero) weight allowance for someone that cannot/does not make weight.  It's simply not fair to the wrestler that makes weight.  The wrestler that does not make weight should be immediately sent home and invoiced for the airline ticket.

#11 LordNelson

LordNelson

Gold Member

• Members
  • 2,528 posts

Posted 07 October 2017 - 03:48 AM

No excuses.  Pretty silly post by your normal standards.

And I can tell you that if the rumors are true the results would've been greatly different in said event.

Either give an allowance or don't, and make the agreed upon weight.

The "showcase" event is a valid point, so hold the athletes to the same standard as the bar you set for your own event.

#12 pennsyrules

pennsyrules

Gold Member

• Members
  • 2,719 posts

Posted 07 October 2017 - 08:09 AM

These kids are the best in the country.  If they have to make weight with  no exceptions, they will make it.  Quite an embarrassment to have it be known they didn't make weight for a big event.

#13 LordNelson

LordNelson

Gold Member

• Members
  • 2,528 posts

Posted 10 October 2017 - 03:24 AM

These kids are the best in the country.  If they have to make weight with  no exceptions, they will make it.  Quite an embarrassment to have it be known they didn't make weight for a big event.

Agree and water under the bridge.

I didn't call anyone out although I can name names.

I just want to shine a light in a dark place.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users