• Please log in to reply
82 replies to this topic

#81 manyak

manyak

Bronze Member

• Members
  • 337 posts

Posted 08 October 2017 - 07:49 AM

"I already posted like 15 times that RUSADA probably actively helped athletes avoid detection and that the Russian Sports Ministry probably actively encouraged and provided doping regimens."

Probably? You said you read parts of the report. How can you say probably?

RUSADA helped cover up doping. No probably, that was a typo. Providing and encouraging PEDs is a definite for some sports, probably for others. Mandating it or having it be totally systematic and organized like East Germany? Unlikely for wrestling.

Go spend some time in the Caucasus and tell me how the Russian government is going to organize something to that extent in that region.

I get it. Icarus was a good documentary and you guys are fired up and a lot of you would like to see the USA on top for a long time. Russia has state sanctioned doping and the government is unbelievable evil and corrupt. They're just not as organized as you think they are.

Edited by manyak, 08 October 2017 - 08:12 AM.

#82 Jaroslav Hasek

Jaroslav Hasek

Gold Member

• Members
  • 4,958 posts

Posted 08 October 2017 - 08:25 AM

RUSADA helped cover up doping. No probably, that was a typo. Providing and encouraging PEDs is a definite for some sports, probably for others. Mandating it or having it be totally systematic and organized like East Germany? Unlikely for wrestling.

Go spend some time in the Caucasus and tell me how the Russian government is going to organize something to that extent in that region.

why do you keep bringing up East Germany? I certainly never did. 

every Olympic sport in Russia must use RUSADA, and RUSADA wasn't just helping a few random athletes out, they were covering up PED use for everyone. 

you say you saw Icarus so I don't know why you are still having so much trouble with this but I can try and break it down for you. 

Russian athlete (in the Caucasus or literally anywhere in the world) gets PEDs (from Rodchenkov and his lab or anywhere else). athlete does PEDs. RUSADA 'tests' athlete's urine. RUSADA and Rodchenkov makes sure athlete's urine doesn't test positive. Sport federation pays Rodchenkov and his lab for their service. FSB helps cover for RUSADA. Putin directs the FSB. thus we have a state sponsored doping conspiracy. 

how manny Russian wrestlers were using PEDs? we don't know, and frankly I don't care. but the wrestling federation and both freestyle and greco-roman wrestlers definitely participated in the scheme, and high level wrestler that wanted to use PEDs certainly had the option. based on the evidence, it doesn't appear that the usage rates for wrestlers were as high as they were for track and field and weightlifting, but they do appear substantial.  

you keep bringing up some complicated system that you don't believe could have taken place but, as they show in Icarus, it's all very simple. 

Edited by Jaroslav Hasek, 08 October 2017 - 08:29 AM.

#83 quanon

quanon

Gold Member

• Members
  • 2,832 posts

Posted 08 October 2017 - 10:48 AM

The email from Rodchenkov (earlier in this thread) said that the wrestlers owed a little more than $3000 and wouldn't pay. 

Approximately how many tests would that cover?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users