• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Abdullahgadzhi Khuzin

Abdullahgadzhi Khuzin

Silver Member

• Members
  • 1,936 posts

Posted 29 September 2017 - 01:33 PM

early in the morning, I woke up in sweat! I remembered Iowa will held the World Cup and .....FLO wrestling! Will they suspend the UWW steam during the World Cup? It has been in World junior in France one year ago! Then they deleted all wrestling matches in youtube for the time being.

6d2ff012_6ae0_484b_8972_96cdae240058_f78

The opinions and views expressed in my posts, are intended to promote Russian international styles wrestling and international wrestling in general. Please excuse misspellings, misunderstandings, or misinterpretations. I am doing my very best to communicate in English, but it is a work in progress. I speak several languages, but I am still learning context, culture, and local tradition. I love USA and I am doing my best to be a great ambassador. Thank you for understanding.

#2 2td3nf

2td3nf

Silver Member

• Members
  • 1,637 posts

Posted 30 September 2017 - 03:10 AM

Abdul, I'm pretty sure trackwrestling has the rights to webcast UWW events here in the USA, not flowrestling (unless contracts changed?). I'm guessing you can get the UWW stream directly in Russia without worrying about track or flo, but then again I'm not real sure how all this works. Maybe someone more informed can chime in on this.

Other World Cup items:

1. Will Iran be invited and/or bring a team to Iowa? Iran finished 9th at 2017 World Championships and the World Cup invites the top 8 teams. (1. USA, 2. Russia, 3. Georgia, 4. Turkey, 5 AZE, 6. Japan, 7. Cuba, 8. Kazakhstan) Would really love to see Iran in Iowa to defend their multiple World Cup titles. IMO, the World Cup just won't be the same without Iran.

2. Will Russia now send one of their "A" teams considering that World Cup host USA just beat them for the World Championship team title, and also the fact that Dagestan will host the next 3 World Cups after Iowa. Have a feeling Russia wants to win the next 4 World Cups.

3. Should be an awesome World Cup in Iowa next April and will be fun watching Team USA try to parlay the World Championship team title to the World Cup team title, on home turf no less.

#3 Witherman

Witherman

Bronze Member

• Members
  • 683 posts

Posted 30 September 2017 - 05:43 AM

Other World Cup items:

1. Will Iran be invited and/or bring a team to Iowa? Iran finished 9th at 2017 World Championships and the World Cup invites the top 8 teams. (1. USA, 2. Russia, 3. Georgia, 4. Turkey, 5 AZE, 6. Japan, 7. Cuba, 8. Kazakhstan) Would really love to see Iran in Iowa to defend their multiple World Cup titles. IMO, the World Cup just won't be the same without Iran.

2. Will Russia now send one of their "A" teams considering that World Cup host USA just beat them for the World Championship team title, and also the fact that Dagestan will host the next 3 World Cups after Iowa. Have a feeling Russia wants to win the next 4 World Cups.

3. Should be an awesome World Cup in Iowa next April and will be fun watching Team USA try to parlay the World Championship team title to the World Cup team title, on home turf no less.

1. I wholeheartedly agree that it won't be the same without Iran. The iran chant with the horns and the spirit of the crowd really shows how far the USA wrestling community has to go. Over in Iran they are fiercely loyal to their national team and you can hear the passion in their chants. Here you have Ben Askren saying "meh, wouldn't really care if gilman wins or loses"

I saw something about Cuba selling out their spot to Iran. Unfortunately I think that post was more facetious than anything. Would be great though.

2. I sure hope they do, but as history has proven, they most likely will send a B or C squad.

3. I'm showing my hawkeye bias here but the environment will be electric. CHA will be packed to the top I promise you. Ive already told all my out of state buddies to get their hotel rooms and block their calendars.
  • 2td3nf likes this

#4 steamboat_charlie

steamboat_charlie

Silver Member

• Members
  • 1,269 posts

Posted 02 October 2017 - 02:06 AM

2. Will Russia now send one of their "A" teams considering that World Cup host USA just beat them for the World Championship team title, and also the fact that Dagestan will host the next 3 World Cups after Iowa. Have a feeling Russia wants to win the next 4 World Cups.

I tend to agree. There was a lot of embarrassment on the Russian side after World's, and also some criticism related to not preparing guys properly, not sending their best wrestlers to Euros and the World Cup, etc. 

The Olympic "hangover" period should be over, but we're still a few years from 2020... if there's a time for them to send their A team, now seems most likely. 

• 2td3nf and Abdullahgadzhi Khuzin like this

#5 Abdullahgadzhi Khuzin

Abdullahgadzhi Khuzin

Silver Member

• Members
  • 1,936 posts

Posted 02 October 2017 - 05:56 AM

1. I wholeheartedly agree that it won't be the same without Iran. The iran chant with the horns and the spirit of the crowd really shows how far the USA wrestling community has to go. Over in Iran they are fiercely loyal to their national team and you can hear the passion in their chants. Here you have Ben Askren saying "meh, wouldn't really care if gilman wins or loses"

I saw something about Cuba selling out their spot to Iran. Unfortunately I think that post was more facetious than anything. Would be great though.

2. I sure hope they do, but as history has proven, they most likely will send a B or C squad.

3. I'm showing my hawkeye bias here but the environment will be electric. CHA will be packed to the top I promise you. Ive already told all my out of state buddies to get their hotel rooms and block their calendars.

Iranian chant is banned in USA. they couldn't did it in Las Vegas. Maybe tourists couldn't to visit USA for visa issues. The U.S consulate suspects everyone in the world conspiracy against them. They do not allow anyone to take visas. Attempt of terrorism? stealing an ice cream in a taco bell? You did not support Clinton election programm in the comments on the post of a fat guy from Montana? NO! just that's policy game! I am sad when hear Iran finished 9th. What a bad result, maybe they will? who knows? about Russian and "The A team" nobody knows yet. Tedeev can send Team C or D again and says "the A team trains for European" okay, in Europe u can beat Swiss or Sweden guys, but u afraid compete with tough guys from Iran, Iowa, Nebraksa! maybe is it smart game of Teddev and he doesn't show his "trump cards"? but olny the A team was in 2011, then FILA held in Dagestan, they have to win it. European C will be at 20-25 March, and Wolrd cup will be 7-8 April, now Tedees says "The A team" will send to Euro, C team to WC because very short time for preparation between Europe and the World Cup. 

The opinions and views expressed in my posts, are intended to promote Russian international styles wrestling and international wrestling in general. Please excuse misspellings, misunderstandings, or misinterpretations. I am doing my very best to communicate in English, but it is a work in progress. I speak several languages, but I am still learning context, culture, and local tradition. I love USA and I am doing my best to be a great ambassador. Thank you for understanding.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users