Jon_Kozak

Burroughs wrestling for Iranian Club...

I think it's cool. 

Like another poster already pointed out, the World Cup will have the athletes with their respective countries. This is club tournament. 

And speaking of World Cup, sure hope Team Iran will compete in Iowa to defend their championship title.  

Edited by 2td3nf

And speaking of World Cup, sure hope Team Iran will compete in Iowa to defend their championship title.  

Not sure team iran will be coming to the US soon,if president Trump is successful with his latest ban.  Based on Iran's performance in the last championship, they might not qualify for the world cup, but if they do, and if the US does not issue visas to Iran, then I expect they will move the world cup to another country that is willing to issue visas on all the competing countries

Not sure team iran will be coming to the US soon,if president Trump is successful with his latest ban.  Based on Iran's performance in the last championship, they might not qualify for the world cup, but if they do, and if the US does not issue visas to Iran, then I expect they will move the world cup to another country that is willing to issue visas on all the competing countries

Hopefully if this happens then they'll indeed move the world cup.

Several women (Adeline Gray among them) wrestled in an Indian league in the past.  Germany has a pro league and brings a number of foreign stars for its rosters (I remember Czech World Champ Jozef Loyhna competed in Germany and some Turks as well).

Frank Chamizo wrestled for a German club in the Bundesliga.

Shiraz123, on 09 Oct 2017 - 10:14 AM, said:

It would be pretty disgusting if UWW put Iran into the world cup through background dealings after they didn't finish top 8. Rules are rules. 

That's fine. If the qualifying 8 teams want to and can host full squads at the World Cup so be it. The rules are the rules.

But Iran is the defending (3x) World Cup champs and they were next in line placing 9th at the World Championships in Paris. If Cuba or one of the other countries don't field a team, would love to see Iran participate in Iowa.

JB will be received by the fans the way a superstar like him deserves to be received.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think this is really cool. I just wish most of the USA would treat him like a superstar too!

Side note... I saw the same club is having Tsabolov wrestle for them too... Wouldn't that be a little awkward?

I think this is really cool. I just wish most of the USA would treat him like a superstar too!

Side note... I saw the same club is having Tsabolov wrestle for them too... Wouldn't that be a little awkward?

as far as I know Tsabolov will wrestle for them only in Iranian league. they will go for someone else for the World Club Champs.

It would be pretty disgusting if UWW put Iran into the world cup through background dealings after they didn't finish top 8. Rules are rules. 

Disgusting... I don't think so.  There should probably be a rule auto-qualifying the previous year's champion into the competition anyway.  Iran has shown that they take the World Cup very seriously--the same can't be said for everyone else.  Not inviting them hurts the event from a competition standpoint, spectator standpoint, and prestige standpoint.  

it would probably be the most disgusting thing UWW has ever done. robbing Kazakhstan of their hard earned World Cup spot. You know those Kazakhstani wrestlers had the world cup on their mind as they fought and scraped for every point. now to have Iran literally steal that glory from them? I'm going to be sick.