Sign in to follow this  
FreezeWrestling

How Michigan wins a national title....

Here is a low-probability but very realistic situation for Michigan to win the NCAA title this year with educated rational.

125 - Assad doesn't have a high quality win to justify him being an All-American. Could see him winning two matches at NCAA though. 

1. Ohio State 2. Oklahoma State 3. Michigan 4. Iowa 5. Penn State

133 - Micic wins a national title. Has beaten Brock and lost very tough matches to Tomasello (whom went down). He can scramble with Gross, whom I think will miss Schopp. 

1. Ohio State 2. Michigan 3. Oklahoma State 4. Penn State 5. Iowa

141 - Profaci did have some high quality wins last year (Cruz-Leigh) but I am sorry, 141 is loaded. Best weight class in my opinion. Sal will be happy two wins. 

1. Ohio State 2. Oklahoma State 3. Michigan 4. Penn State 5. Iowa

149 - Ma. Amine can scrap. He can grind. He will punch. I like him. He beat Laike Gardner last year. 

157 - Pantaleo is the most athletic human in wrestling. No Joke. The man defies logic. But anyways, he can also wrestle. Very well. As he goes up in weight though, leverage against long armed humans will be much different. I think he is a lock for Top 4, but being higher will be tough. 

165 - Massa will win it. He has beaten everyone but Joseph (5-4) and Martinez (3-1). Now is he the favorite. No. Can he win it? Yes. This is where Michigan makes their move. 

1. Ohio State 2. Michigan 3. Penn State 4. Oklahoma State 5. Iowa

174 - My. Amine is the 4th best wrestler in the country but IMO, doesn't have a chance to the win the trophy. The man would be a favorite most years but the group of 3 at the top are special. Valencia gets his revenge. 

184 - Abounader can win it. Will he? Probably not. But I wouldn't bet more than $100 against him. Michigan takes over Ohio State. 

1. Michigan 2. Ohio State 3. Penn State 4. Oklahoma State 5. Iowa

197-Beazley had a cinderella run last NCAA's! He peaked at the right time and earned his AA status. I think he will be better prepared this year. He AA's again. Even though Moore gets upset, Ohio State barely takes the lead. 

285 - It comes down to the greatest HWT battle we have ever seen in the history of this tournament. So much on the line. Could the greatest team in the history of NCAA tournament be decided by the Greatest Freestyle wrestler of all-time against a NFL lineman/Olympic Champion/Astronaut/Doctor Who Cures Cancer (These are all plausible with Adam Coon)?????/ YES IT DOES. 

Adam beats Synder in OT off of a Snyder Low Single that Coon limp sprawls out and uses his 285 lb frame to crush Kyle and get a go-behind. An ironic ending because that is how Synder beat Saduleav. 

The End! Michigan wins!

1. Michigan 2. Ohio State 3. Penn State 4. Iowa 5. Oklahoma State

Are you doing actual scores here or just making up team placements as you go?  Do bonus points exist in your fantasy world?  I'd bet 100:1 against it and consider my tiny winnings free money.  

The team placement is what I think it would be after that weight class is completed starting at 125. Retherford and Nolf definitely win  with Bonus but Joseph falls to 3rd/4th and same with Hall. 

I also don't believe Aboundader wins. But in this scenario, he takes second and Myles Martin falls to 4th. 

His post mentality as a fan is no different than Tbar or tigsy. The only problem is he doesn't have Cael Sanderson, an 8 million dollar RTC and top 10 recruits signing at will. Still, he did preface his post by calling it a long shot. Nothing wrong with a hometown fan trying to give his team a best case scenario.

Now, with all that said, I hope MSU can make it 8-2 over the past 10 games tonight. If not, at least cover the spread for the 10th time in a row!!!

His post mentality as a fan is no different than Tbar or tigsy. The only problem is he doesn't have Cael Sanderson, an 8 million dollar RTC and top 10 recruits signing at will. Still, he did preface his post by calling it a long shot. Nothing wrong with a hometown fan trying to give his team a best case scenario.

Now, with all that said, I hope MSU can make it 8-2 over the past 10 games tonight. If not, at least cover the spread for the 10th time in a row!!!

Before Cael did FT and Tbar post about how PSU would win the National Title?  Being obnoxious is not the same as being delusional.  

I don't remember Tbar before their run. Tigsy has always been a diehard PSU fan. My point wasn't so much a hit on anyone actually. Now, if I were to call a Michigan win it would be delusional. But, for a hometown fan to preface his best case scenario as "low-probability" makes it a pretty fair post.

In his defense, Mich has finalist potential at 133,165 and 285. 157, 174, 184 and 197 could all place as high as 4th. In many years that would be a serious contender.

Edited by MSU158

I didn't know there were wrestling msg boards until Cael had already won a NC, but I am not the biggest tech guy either.

Believe this or not, just like when Cael redshirted everyone if I think PSU can't or won't win it I would say so.

You guys are too much. The very first thing Freezewrestling wrote in the first post that it was a very low probability. He simply mapped out what would need to happen for Michigan to win a National Title. Being delusional would be writing things that were impossible, not improbable. People complain how theyre sick of hearing how PSU is going to win this season so a fan of Michigan who is expected to be a very good team this season, drafts an actual plan for how his team can win it and he gets jumped on and he's now delusional. I find his post to be very wishful and hopeful which he completely acknowledges but nothing he wrote was disrespectful and it would only be delusional if he came out said said "this will happen." I guess the only teams on these boards that are allowed to come up with a plan for how their team can win Nationals is PSU, tOSU, Iowa, and OSU. Any other suggestion means your drunk, obnoxious, or delusional.

Let's wait and see if Freeze is offended by being called crazy and delusional before you all get offended for him.  He's a big boy with big boy opinions and I would bet he isn't too crushed when people disagree (or even when people disagree in a rude way).  

Let's wait and see if Freeze is offended by being called crazy and delusional before you all get offended for him. He's a big boy with big boy opinions and I would bet he isn't too crushed when people disagree (or even when people disagree in a rude way).

It's 2017, the culture has changed. Being perpetually offended is the "in" thing. Sadly,you are expecting too much from these forums. Edited by bigmik

It's 2017, the culture has changed. Being perpetually offended is the "in" thing. Sadly,you are expecting too much from these forums.

Clearly you guys are the ones offended here by Freezewrestling. It's 2017 where people like to hide behind the "oh I disagree with you so you're perpetually offended bit"

Freeze, I like what you did here with Michigan. With tOSU having NaTo and Snyder wrestling hybrid schedules who knows, things could happen. Penn State could lose 30 points in a freak "just having fun with Jesus accident". Oklahoma State will have someone way outside of hydration, who knows?

My real issue with your daydream is:

How could you possibly believe that Iowa finishes top 4 or 5?

That is when I knew this was an acid trip. Not just run of the mill, pie in the sky, Kool-aid drinking, Maize & Blue sunglasses wearing home cooking .

Go Blue

Sent from my P00I using Tapatalk

I think one of the best things that could happen to Division I wrestling this year would be for Michigan to win the team title.   They are statistically/historically speaking (http://takedownwrestle.com/wrestling-news/college/the-best-team-yet-to-win-a-division-i-national-title/) the best team without a title. Parity helps to grow the sport (at least in my opinion.)  

​With that said, there is something about Michigan I don't understand.  Is Sal Profaci a better wrestler than George Fisher? Is he beating him in wrestle offs?  I've watched both wrestle multiple times, and I've always felt that Fisher was the better of the two against competition. Yet no one ever mentions Fisher's name anymore.  Is he hurt? Injured?  What is the deal.  Fisher for the record, owns a 9-3 victory over Dean Heil for whatever that is worth.  And personally I feel that Michigan would be better off with Fisher at 141 than Profaci.  

Edited by JohnnyThompsonnum1

I think one of the best things that could happen to Division I wrestling this year would be for Michigan to win the team title.   They are statistically/historically speaking (http://takedownwrestle.com/wrestling-news/college/the-best-team-yet-to-win-a-division-i-national-title/) the best team without a title. Parity helps to grow the sport (at least in my opinion.)  

​With that said, there is something about Michigan I don't understand.  Is Sal Profaci a better wrestler than George Fisher? Is he beating him in wrestle offs?  I've watched both wrestle multiple times, and I've always felt that Fisher was the better of the two against competition. Yet no one ever mentions Fisher's name anymore.  Is he hurt? Injured?  What is the deal.  Fisher for the record, owns a 9-3 victory over Dean Heil for whatever that is worth.  And personally I feel that Michigan would be better off with Fisher at 141 than Profaci.  

Profaci won the wrestle off and I believe he is the better wrestler, but I do feel Fisher handles the pressure of big matches better.