• Please log in to reply
76 replies to this topic

#21 wrestlingnerd

wrestlingnerd

Gold Member

• Members
  • 6,615 posts

Posted 09 October 2017 - 10:52 AM

Fix is 2-0 against NaTo and is easily the favorite the next time they wrestle.

Fix could be 10-0 and the favorite and still have a tough time beating Nato again. The two concepts are not tied together. Of course he’d be the favorite agains a guy he just beat twice, no sht, nobody argues he wouldn’t be. Whether the result would be a foregone conclusion and therefore easy to see happening is another matter.

As for your comments about the future, Fix having more upside given youth, etc., care to read the title of the thread you just posted on? Does the word TODAY have any significance to you?

#22 wrestlingnerd

wrestlingnerd

Gold Member

• Members
  • 6,615 posts

Posted 09 October 2017 - 10:55 AM

my point was that gillman is a folk style wrestler that beat NATO with last second heroics... Fix beat NATO using actual freestyle skills... the same skills that NATO showed absolutely no knowledge of... Gillman falls far closer to the NATO side of things than to the Fix side of things... Gillman is going to beat you up physically then snatch a leg up and march you out of bounds... Fix just showed that you need more than that to beat him in the real styles of wrestling... he was not bullied and you need more than one point scores to beat him because he will take you down and he will turn you...

Since Gilman sucks so bad at freestyle and still managed to prove he’s the second best senior freestyler in the world right now, where can I buy some of his stock by the truckload? He must have more upside than JB and Kyle Snyder ever did after their first international senior competition.

#23 TBar1977

TBar1977

Hall of Fame Member

• Members
  • 10,377 posts

Posted 09 October 2017 - 11:23 AM

I am buying call options on Fix. Might as well get in on the ground floor before he starts beating Gilman. 

I have set aside funds to have six Green Bay Packers be my pall bearers, that way they can let me down one final time. 

#24 wrestlingnerd

wrestlingnerd

Gold Member

• Members
  • 6,615 posts

Posted 09 October 2017 - 11:34 AM

I am buying call options on Fix. Might as well get in on the ground floor before he starts beating Gilman.

Is advise just plain common stock. If not, you better be properly hedged with a collar structure if this thread is any indication or you might lose your shirt. Any call on Fix is priced beyond perfection since he is at worst 50/50 with the world senior silver medalist and an overwhelming favorite to represent the US in a few years.

#25 MadMardigain

MadMardigain

Gold Member

• Members
  • 8,408 posts

Posted 09 October 2017 - 11:36 AM

May as well get on the 4-time undefeated bandwagon too since it's a matter of time before those threads start appearing.

#26 Billyhoyle

Billyhoyle

Gold Member

• Members
  • 2,504 posts

Posted 09 October 2017 - 11:45 AM

Fix could be 10-0 and the favorite and still have a tough time beating Nato again. The two concepts are not tied together. Of course he’d be the favorite agains a guy he just beat twice, no sht, nobody argues he wouldn’t be. Whether the result would be a foregone conclusion and therefore easy to see happening is another matter.

As for your comments about the future, Fix having more upside given youth, etc., care to read the title of the thread you just posted on? Does the word TODAY have any significance to you?

You didn't say he would have a "tough time" beating him.  Your words were you don't think it's easy to see NaTo beating Gilman.  There's a difference in the two..Close wrestling matches are tough matches, even if it's easy to see somebody winning it (It's easy to see Dake beating Taylor, even if it is a tough match).  Maybe you meant that it would be a close match, which I agree with (and I bet sgallen would too).  But that's not what you posted.

On an off topic note:  did you end up hedging the Mayweather/Mcgregor fight?  

#27 sgallan

sgallan

Hall of Fame Member

• Members
  • 29,086 posts

Posted 09 October 2017 - 11:56 AM

Silly? Learn to read before you call people anything.

I said it is not EASY to see Fix beating Nato again, let alone Gilman. Could he? Sure, no sht, since he just did. Is it a gimme, as the word east implies? Absolutely not.

I never said he would not beat either guy.

BS, it is the "he lost therefore he must win going forward" argument. Make Gilman arguments and I am on board, but your NATO arguments in FS, are stupid. Perhaps you should hang out more on the college board,

#28 sgallan

sgallan

Hall of Fame Member

• Members
  • 29,086 posts

Posted 09 October 2017 - 11:58 AM

You didn't say he would have a "tough time" beating him. Your words were you don't think it's easy to see NaTo beating Gilman. There's a difference in the two..Close wrestling matches are tough matches, even if it's easy to see somebody winning it (It's easy to see Dake beating Taylor, even if it is a tough match). Maybe you meant that it would be a close match, which I agree with (and I bet sgallen would too). But that's not what you posted.

On an off topic note: did you end up hedging the Mayweather/Mcgregor fight?

LOL, I lost some FB friends because I called them suckers thinking McGregor had a chance in a boxing fight.

#29 sgallan

sgallan

Hall of Fame Member

• Members
  • 29,086 posts

Posted 09 October 2017 - 12:01 PM

Is advise just plain common stock. If not, you better be properly hedged with a collar structure if this thread is any indication or you might lose your shirt. Any call on Fix is priced beyond perfection since he is at worst 50/50 with the world senior silver medalist and an overwhelming favorite to represent the US in a few years.

I am going with troll, or failing that you have a crush on NATO. Either way you need to stay away from the international forum because you are stupid,

#30 wrestlingnerd

wrestlingnerd

Gold Member

• Members
  • 6,615 posts

Posted 09 October 2017 - 12:01 PM

You didn't say he would have a "tough time" beating him.  Your words were you don't think it's easy to see NaTo beating Gilman.  There's a difference in the two..Close wrestling matches are tough matches, even if it's easy to see somebody winning it (It's easy to see Dake beating Taylor, even if it is a tough match).  Maybe you meant that it would be a close match, which I agree with (and I bet sgallen would too).  But that's not what you posted.

On an off topic note:  did you end up hedging the Mayweather/Mcgregor fight?  

I don't think the concepts are different. Something that is easy to see happens easily, that's why it's easy to see. It's probably semantics, but it's not easy for me to see Fix beating Nato again, whether by 1 or 10 points. I saw the second match, which was allegedly the "easier" match, and there was absolutely nothing easy about it. It was a 1-point math with the TD in the ending seconds the result of Nato's desperation moves. And Nato got only 1 point because he was such a freestyle newbie that he wasn't able to convert from Fix's quadpod position. 

Now on to the May-Mac fight. THAT is an outcome that is easy to see, i.e. Mayweather winning. I ended up losing a small percentage of the total amount wagered off my hedges, mainly because I figured if I was going to go for the big result, I might as well not hedge too much or I'd never make a killing if the unthinkable actually happened. I got McGregor at close to 10:1, then bet the other way but not in fully hedged size a few days from the fight. If I were to do it again, I would've bet some of the prop lines like picking rounds, etc. since it was fairly obvious to me there was practically no chance the fight would end quickly either way. In retrospect, that was the gimme bet that so few took and I should've known better. You live and learn. I'm just happy I didn't lose much money on it. 

#31 wrestlingnerd

wrestlingnerd

Gold Member

• Members
  • 6,615 posts

Posted 09 October 2017 - 12:04 PM

I am going with troll, or failing that you have a crush on NATO. Either way you need to stay away from the international forum because you are stupid,

You're right. I know nothing about international wrestling and am just stupid. You are a genius. Fix would annihilate Nato 100 times out of 100 because he beat him twice in one day. It would be easy for him to do it. It is easy to see that the outcome is effectively guaranteed.

Therefore, I am the troll and you are the wise one. Your arguments are incredibly compelling. I should hightail it to the college boards immediately.

#32 wrestlingnerd

wrestlingnerd

Gold Member

• Members
  • 6,615 posts

Posted 09 October 2017 - 12:07 PM

BS, it is the "he lost therefore he must win going forward" argument. Make Gilman arguments and I am on board, but your NATO arguments in FS, are stupid. Perhaps you should hang out more on the college board,

It's easy to see that you are lost in your own little world where only you know anything about freestyle. Who can argue with the know-it-all who can literally make sht up and attribute it to you? It's like arguing with a dog or a mountain goat, although that's probably offensive to both animals' IQ. In what universe did anyone say Nato would win going forward because he lost? Only in sgallan-land.

• Yellow_Medal likes this

#33 Plasmodium

Plasmodium

Gold Member

• Members
  • 4,079 posts

Posted 09 October 2017 - 12:19 PM

#34 BigTenFanboy

BigTenFanboy

Gold Member

• Members
  • 2,493 posts

Posted 09 October 2017 - 12:30 PM

I love this board! Everyone gets so hot and bothered so easily (myself included)!
  • Yellow_Medal likes this

#35 wrestlingnerd

wrestlingnerd

Gold Member

• Members
  • 6,615 posts

Posted 09 October 2017 - 12:33 PM

I love this board! Everyone gets so hot and bothered so easily (myself included)!

You're an idiot. You know nothing about freestyle. Go hang out in the college board with me and the little kids and leave this board to the big bad men like sgallan.

• pjm46 and BigTenFanboy like this

#36 BigTenFanboy

BigTenFanboy

Gold Member

• Members
  • 2,493 posts

Posted 09 October 2017 - 12:49 PM

You're an idiot. You know nothing about freestyle. Go hang out in the college board with me and the little kids and leave this board to the big bad men like sgallan.

Let's go there and hang out with John Snow! He knows nothing as well!

#37 LJB

LJB

Silver Member

• Members
  • 1,507 posts

Posted 09 October 2017 - 12:51 PM

Really?  When did he start practicing with OSU?  I thought it is a violation for a HS athlete to practice with NCAA teams.  

Fix has been going to the RTC in stillwater since he started wrestling... 

#38 LJB

LJB

Silver Member

• Members
  • 1,507 posts

Posted 09 October 2017 - 12:55 PM

Since Gilman sucks so bad at freestyle and still managed to prove he’s the second best senior freestyler in the world right now, where can I buy some of his stock by the truckload? He must have more upside than JB and Kyle Snyder ever did after their first international senior competition.

during gillman's run this summer, what actual freestyle technique did he show you?

#39 LemonPie

LemonPie

Gold Member

• Members
  • 4,302 posts

Posted 09 October 2017 - 01:12 PM

during gillman's run this summer, what actual freestyle technique did he show you?

He's great at driving to the edge and not finishing a takedown. Seems to be FS technique

Anyone but Heil '18

http://contenttolosebythree.com

#40 LJB

LJB

Silver Member

• Members
  • 1,507 posts

Posted 09 October 2017 - 01:22 PM

that was basically his entire efefctiveness... hard hand fighting, stingy defense, and snatching up that leg and marching lesser opponents out of bounds... 

what happened when he couldn't bully takahashi around?

nothing happened... he had no other go to... no other weapons...

and i like gillman... i like hard tough wrestling... i wish gillman had turned to greco... he would been perfect for it...

fact of the matter is, Fix is bar none the best lightweight international prospect we have in this country... he has multiple attacks... never stops wreslting... and one of the nastiest gut techniques on this planet...  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users