Sign in to follow this  
MSU158

Another top PSU recruit for 2018

“I really bought into the Penn State way of life when I made my official visit there (last month),”said Teske, who has a career record of 135-0 as FDSH’s first-ever three-time champ. “The way they handle things on and off the mat – that’s the way I envision myself. I want to be a part of it.

“Coach Sanderson has done everything there is to do in the sport, but he’s still so humble and down to earth. That really struck a chord with me. I think Penn State will turn me into a great wrestler, but an even better person. I want that balance, and that’s the vibe I got from (the program) and from Coach Sanderson especially.”

I like this kid already. 

Edited by TBar1977

Very nice compliments for coach Cael (not that it's anything new). This fills the 125 spot for Penn State for the foreseeable future (though I'm not sure I'm as high on Teske's upside as Suriano's). Good pick up all the same for the Nittany Lions.

other than when the Iowa kids started with Brands at Tech, I can't think of too many Iowa HS guys who have left the state to wrestle in college. Kerber to Cornell, Theiler to Ariz St also come to mind. who are some other notables over the years?

other than when the Iowa kids started with Brands at Tech, I can't think of too many Iowa HS guys who have left the state to wrestle in college. Kerber to Cornell, Theiler to Ariz St also come to mind. who are some other notables over the years?

I was thinking the same thing as I read the article. Those kids almost never leave the state. I wonder what Dresser thinks about this and, to a lesser extent, Brands.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Was Miklus an Iowa kid? 

There have been a good number of top level kids leave the state of Iowa. Miklus to Mizzou, Stroker to MN, Mason to Okie State, Andersen to Okie State, Mack and Bart Reiter to MN, Max Lyon to Purdue, David Kjeldgaard to Oklahoma.

thanks for the info 

Very nice compliments for coach Cael (not that it's anything new). This fills the 125 spot for Penn State for the foreseeable future (though I'm not sure I'm as high on Teske's upside as Suriano's). Good pick up all the same for the Nittany Lions.

He fell for it. lol

What exactly has he done out of state?

Second at Fargo once but got hammered by Decater in the final. At this time Alex Thomsen is considered higher in the state at the weight. 

There have been a good number of top level kids leave the state of Iowa. Miklus to Mizzou, Stroker to MN, Mason to Okie State, Andersen to Okie State, Mack and Bart Reiter to MN, Max Lyon to Purdue, David Kjeldgaard to Oklahoma.

OU particularly likes to recruit kids out of Missouri, seems like. Brewer and Zack Bailey come to mind immediately.  I do wish OU would stop recruiting Florida and Georgia. Hell, ANY deep south state. Those kids never pan out.

Edited by TobusRex

OU particularly likes to recruit kids out of Missouri, seems like. Brewer and Zack Bailey come to mind immediately. I do wish OU would stop recruiting Florida and Georgia. Hell, ANY deep south state. Those kids never pan out.

Yeah...Jared Frayer and Sam Hazewinkle were terrible.

Edited by Ari Gold

Yeah...Jared Frayer and Sam Hazewinkle were terrible.

Alright, those guys panned out, but that was a long time ago (Haze graduated in 2007). What has Florida or Georgia done for OU lately? Milhof was 7th at OU as a Soph, then promptly transferred, so I don't really consider him as "panning out".

Edited by TobusRex

Alright, those guys panned out, but that was a long time ago (Haze graduated in 2007). What has Florida or Georgia done for OU lately? Milhof was 7th at OU as a Soph, then promptly transferred, so I don't really consider him as "panning out".

Haha, I’m not some staunch defender of FL or GA. I just couldn’t help but immediately think of Frayer and Hazewinkel when you brought up Florida Sooners. Tongue-in-cheek comment and nothing more.