Sign in to follow this  
mvattivo

Marsteller wearing PSU hat & sweatshirt

I got a text from a friend at Sectionals, and Chance is walking around in a PSU hat and PSU Wrestling sweatshirt. It could mean nothing, and he could be wearing Iowa gear tomorrow, but, it was enough to get my hopes up a bit. :D

It was Interesting that he dropped. Should be ever better at 160 where he isn't giving up the size advantage.

The Canon Mac kid gave him one hell of a bout. Maybe the best high school match I've ever seen. Probably provided at least a little bit of the incentive to make the cut.

It was Interesting that he dropped. Should be ever better at 160 where he isn't giving up the size advantage.

The Canon Mac kid gave him one hell of a bout. Maybe the best high school match I've ever seen. Probably provided at least a little bit of the incentive to make the cut.

Of course now he gets Peppelman, an undefeated returning state champ, at States (and Districts). Such is life in PA high school wrestling. If he beats Peppelman, he will have defeated 4 different PA State Champs over his career. Not sure if anyone else can say that.

It's pretty well known that the Marstellar's are Penn St. fans. I was sitting a couple of rows behind his mom last night at sectionals, and his mom was decked out in her PSU gear too. I'd bet psu is the leader, but wouldn't doubt that they'd be open to hearing from other schools

If he beats Peppelman, he will have defeated 4 different PA State Champs over his career. Not sure if anyone else can say that.

OK, I'll bite. He has beaten 3 PA state champs already...off the top of my head I can think of Brill and Wiercioch....who's the 3rd, Hodgkins?

Marsteller beat Mike Ottinger of Parkland H.S. (now the starter at Central Michigan) He was the 3A, 160lb. state champion at 160 in '11.

Thanks. Didn't he also beat Nick Hodgkins...or was that off-season?