Sign in to follow this  
gowrestle

Next Boise State?

I think it's a conversation that needs to take place. This community is almost completely reactive in situations like this one.

I'd like to believe that a D1 team will be added, but I just don't see evidence for it. Does anyone have an inside track on that sort of news? Whatever happened with Louisville looking into adding rasslin'?

Just guessing here, but I’ll go with Sacred Heart, Hofstra, Eastern Michigan and/or Davidson.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

speculation like this can negatively impact already struggling programs, thus acting in a rather self-fulfilling manner.  c'mon, man.  care about the health of the sport at the college level?  support them all.

speculation like this can negatively impact already struggling programs, thus acting in a rather self-fulfilling manner.  c'mon, man.  care about the health of the sport at the college level?  support them all.

I'm not falling for that one, John. By and large, this place is housed with some pretty darn smart cookies. Not to mention that I said I was guessing, but based on information that already exists about these teams.

As to supporting them all, I do as best I can. That said, no matter my level of support (short of having and donating Bill Gates money, which I do not have) the decisions surrounding the health of these programs has absolutely nothing to do with me pointing out the struggles of programs such as these. The ADs and financial supporters at these schools don't come here looking for that info. They've known about it for a long, long time.

The rumor about Presbyterian College adding wrestling may well be true. Rumors are flying around the PC Community that a head wrestling coach has been hired. As the smallest D-1 school (by enrollment), PC's continued participation in D-1 sports is currently under review. If the board decides to drop out of D-1 football, there may be enough money to maintain existing D-1 programs and perhaps also add wrestling. Interestingly, PC's website has a page for Wrestling, but no information on the page.