Zeke Jones vs Thomas Gilman
Terry Brands vs Logan Stieber
Tom Brands vs Zain Retheford
Townsend Saunders vs James Green
Dave Schultz vs Jordan Burroughs
Kevin Jackson vs J'Den Cox
Kurt Angle vs Kyle Snyder
Bruce Baumghartner vs Nick Gwiazdowski
I'm sure this will cause "ire", but here's how I have it, and why:
* Jones > Gilman: It's Zeke, and quite frankly, simply better.
* Stieber > Brands: Awaiting the ire here. I personally feel, that at 61kg, Stieber was 3rd best in the world, but ran into the "real" #1 and #2 due to the draw. Those "real" #1 and #2 are on at a VERY high level. If they wrestled 10 matches, I see Stieber taking 6, and Brands taking 4 of them.
* Brands > Zain: Zain is still too green.
* Saunders > Green:
I just feel that Saunders is better positionally.Green is still too green.
* Burroughs > Schultz: Tough to say, as they are both legends. Burroughs gets it by sheer volume of medals
* Cox > Jackson: If there was ever a tie, this is it. I have to pick someone, and until someone domestically can beat J'Den... (yes... recency bias)
* Snyder > Angle: Until proven otherwise, he's the best P4P, and my pick as the GOAT (will be proclaimed as such by 2025)
* Baum > Gwiz: Arguably the GOAT for the USA.
1995 Team: 4 Wins
2017 Team: 4 Wins
And it's a tie... going to Tiebreakers, and whoa boy.