Sign in to follow this  
TripNSweep

Did Lesnar ever wrestle freestyle?

Did Wes Hand ever wrestle freestyle?

Lesnars most impressive wrestling match was his loss to Neal.

https://youtu.be/mvu0E8RNmcs

https://youtu.be/cDRBQImdsL0

Pinning Wes Hand was pretty darn impressive.

https://youtu.be/j7HAfSC-Qa8

Maybe he should have given freestyle a go.. looks like he could avoid exposures from this sequence here..

Edited by BigTenFanboy

Lesnars most impressive wrestling match was his loss to Neal.

yeah but you obviously isn't know what I was alluding to with my initial post.

had I used hynek for my initial post would you have still missed the point?

Yes he did.

Lesnars most impressive match was his loss to Neal.

To which i responded that Lesnars pin over Hand was another impressive match for him.

You then pointed out Hand beat Lesnar implying that I didn't already know this. To which I responded with already knowing of his loss to Hand in addition to knowing he lost to Hynek.

The question is...how much of his success was do to being physically....out of scale. (thats not a PED comment it is a natural gifts comment. But both have diminishing returns)

Brock Lesnar himself would tell you that he was not a great "technical" wrestler. I would say almost of his success was due to being physically "out of scale" but does it really matter? Had he gone on to the international circuit I'm sure he could have had a decent amount of success. I am certainly not saying he would have been a World or Olympic Champion, but I'm sure he would have won a large amount of his matches. At the end of the day there's only 1 think that will combat perfect technique and that impossible superhuman physical strength and stamina. In terms of our sport he had it to a certain degree which is why he won as much as he did. Imagine how great he would have been had he actually developed good technique!

With that said, he chose to go a different route and I'll say hes done pretty darn well for himself.

Edited by BigTenFanboy

The scariest thing about Lesnar was the combo of muscle and cardio. I don’t know if that many big guys who could go a full 7. He’s obviously a great athlete, so his upside in technical development would’ve been rare for a guy with his credentials getting started in freestyle.

Brock Lesnar himself would tell you that he was not a great "technical" wrestler. I would say almost of his success was due to being physically "out of scale" but does it really matter? Had he gone on to the international circuit I'm sure he could have had a decent amount of success. I am certainly not saying he would have been a World or Olympic Champion, but I'm sure he would have won a large amount of his matches. At the end of the day there's only 1 think that will combat perfect technique and that impossible superhuman physical strength and stamina. In terms of our sport he had it to a certain degree which is why he won as much as he did. Imagine how great he would have been had he actually developed good technique!

With that said, he chose to go a different route and I'll say hes done pretty darn well for himself.

why does the lesnar faction get to "what if" about technique but no one ever "what ifs" about being a freak athlete? 

Edited by hammerlockthree