Sign in to follow this  
JBluegill133

a little throw back fun to start the week

While I have been a fan of college wrestling for quite some time, I recently began following high school wrestling a little closer (within the last couple years and thanks to really listening to FRL, this year in particular).  I love going over to flo and finding matches of the studs in college back when they were still in high school.  Here is a nice little throwback from 2012 Imar and Hall.  If we need even more of a reason to be baffled by Mark Hall's ability to  defend the takedown, scroll to 1:40 and watch him counter iMars' bodylock.  Have a great week everyone!

http://www.flowrestling.org/video/660984-monday-match-of-the-week-hall-vs-imar

While I have been a fan of college wrestling for quite some time, I recently began following high school wrestling a little closer (within the last couple years and thanks to really listening to FRL, this year in particular).  I love going over to flo and finding matches of the studs in college back when they were still in high school.  Here is a nice little throwback from 2012 Imar and Hall.  If we need even more of a reason to be baffled by Mark Hall's ability to  defend the takedown, scroll to 1:40 and watch him counter iMars' bodylock.  Have a great week everyone!

http://www.flowrestling.org/video/660984-monday-match-of-the-week-hall-vs-imar

Bad things tend to happen to IMar when he gets into a bodylock and tries to be a greco wrestler.

I think that this just goes to show that Mark Hall has been very very good for a very very long time.  

I'm honestly "more baffled" that he doesn't get my "hype" than he does.  He had plenty of it heading into his true frosh year.  Then lost to Brucki and Meyer, but then beat BoJo for the title, avenging his only other loss.  

He then wins his 2nd Jr. World Championship, and has wins over pretty much everyone not named Howe, Burroughs, or Dake.  This is VERY good company to be in for a Sophomore (regardless of "age").  Is he Kyle "Freaking" Snyder?  No... but he is Mark "Freaking" Hall, and is, in my opinion, in the same conversation as the "potential greats" of our sport.  

"Mark" my word.  He will be the next NCAA 4x'er.  His natural skill set and upside is freakishly high.  His NCAA tournament run was embodied by him just "getting through", and doing enough to win.  Imagine if he became aggressive, and had the strength to "finish with intent"?  This year, I believe we will see just that.  

Hall's freshman yr loss to Brucki ranks right up there in importance to Bo Nickal's freshman yr loss to Andy McCulley, meaning not very important. 

I totally and completely agree.  However, many of the posters who were banking their life savings on the fact that he would go undefeated like Cael had their hearts, and their wallets, ripped away from them, thus causing this retraction of "hype".  I feel the hype is still there... and if you're not careful, he'll completely pass you by (not you TBar, those other folks).  

Mark Hall is "special".  Snyder is "special".  This is now FACT.  Fix is "special".  Those three will be the face(s) of USA Wrestling, simultaneously, very very soon.

(see Cael v Jenn)

A difference in wrestling as a team member and a redshirt.

Cael was an undefeated 4 time champion.

Or are you guys those who still want an asterisk by Roger Maris 61 homer season?

On Hall being a 4 timer - so far he has one. Illness, injury and off days are still in the mix. Somehow Cael managed to miss them all.

Edited by WillieBoy

I totally and completely agree.  However, many of the posters who were banking their life savings on the fact that he would go undefeated like Cael had their hearts, and their wallets, ripped away from them, thus causing this retraction of "hype".  I feel the hype is still there... and if you're not careful, he'll completely pass you by (not you TBar, those other folks).  

Mark Hall is "special".  Snyder is "special".  This is now FACT.  Fix is "special".  Those three will be the face(s) of USA Wrestling, simultaneously, very very soon.

What's really "special" is that we are seeing this many high level athletes coming through in such quantities.  I am used to there being 1-2 world team members or medalists still competing in college but if im not mistaken in the past that was pretty rare.  The fact that we are seeing so many in this day in age is wonderful for us fans.  We have the quality and the quantity.  What a great time to be a usa wrestling fan!