Sign in to follow this  
TBar1977

Wrestling Season is Upon Us!

TBar is a populist with no ideas...could be president some day.

You're certainly one to be saying that someone has no ideas. As for him being able to be president some day.. well looks like theres yet another person whos more successful than you. I figure that you're used to it by now...

You're certainly one to be saying that someone has no ideas. As for him being able to be president some day.. well looks like theres yet another person whos more successful than you. I figure that you're used to it by now...

Not sure if I am any more successful than anyone else around here, but I can be more annoying when I want to be. Ha ha.

(I threw that ha ha in there for YOU, Hammerhead)

Wrestling season is upon us for sure. And no person is more excited about that than me . Seems to be a lot more bickering around here. More than in past years & decades.

A true sign that we all must have gotten somewhat testy. All the while waiting. Just waiting for that first whistle to blow ! Now let's focus on self and wrestling. College style.

Who beat who and why. 

Yours in wrestling,

Denny

What top 10 guy takes a loss in week 1? (college)

Not sure if this is "week 1", but it is early in their respective schedules

11/17:  Intermat #6 Womack (Cornell) vs. #10 Lujan (NIU) at 174.

11/19:   #2 Micic (Mich) vs. #4 Parker (Lehigh) at 133, #5 Abounader (Mich) vs. #7 Preisch (Lehigh) at 184

Someone gonna lose.

Edited by klehner

What top 10 guy takes a loss in week 1? (college)

Heil.

I haven't looked at the schedule, but he is going down soon to someone random. I am not one of the beleaguered throngs of hapless people who are "through betting against Heil". He sucks so badly at freestyle he just can't be that good!

Edited by hammerlockthree

Heil.

I haven't looked at the schedule, but he is going down soon to someone random. I am not one of the beleaguered throngs of hapless people who are "through betting against Heil". He sucks so badly at freestyle he just can't be that good!

With the new rules I think Jack will have his number. Long shot McKenna, or Ashnault. If I am being honest though, I cannot imagine Heil finishing any lower than 2nd. 

Somone else who I think will suffer because of the new rules is Meredith. Had those rules been in place last year Dicamillo would've at least majored him in the ncaa semi. 

Not sure if this is "week 1", but it is early in their respective schedules

11/17:  Intermat #6 Womack (Cornell) vs. #10 Lujan (NIU) at 174.

11/19:   #2 Micic (Mich) vs. #4 Parker (Lehigh) at 133, #5 Abounader (Mich) vs. #7 Preisch (Lehigh) at 174

Someone gonna lose.

I like Micic over Parker, and Preisch over Abounader. 

Well, if they changed the rules without telling meredith yeah he woulda got majored.....

But you're right. Meredith isn't as obnoxious as Heil but he is pretty ridiculous. 

I was phrasing it as if that match went exactly as is, but with the new rules in place. 

Either way, yeah, both scramblestall quite a bit. 

Zahid vs Bo (hopefully) coming up shortly too

I'm sure BoJo will sprain his pinky or something.  If there is one thing that causes me great anguish as a tOSU fan, is NOT seeing these guys put it on the line all the time.  The "excuses" are thick, and frequent.  They are good people, great team, etc., but for goodness sake... STOP ducking people and freaking wrestle.  Whether it's tOSU, Iowa, whomever, the whole "ducking" concept is for the birds.

Well, if they changed the rules without telling meredith yeah he woulda got majored.....

But you're right. Meredith isn't as obnoxious as Heil but he is pretty ridiculous. 

But, Meredith scored from those positions, while the big issue with Heil was he would often draw stalemates.  Plus Meredith was on his way to beating Jack yet again, and gave up the neutral fall from that position. 

Sorry, but I am not a fan of adding this rule just because 1-2X NCAA Champ was good at it.  Even worse, they added 90 degree vs. 45.  You are gonna see some refs botch this a bunch this season and it is going to hurt wrestling more than help.

Treep 2000. What are the only matches that really matter to most wrestlers?  Then when you wrestle those matches , the ones that really count what percent do you want your physical health to be at . Maybe 80% or 70 % ? I don't think so. Regular season dual matches and tournaments are really just preliminary. They just get you ready for the matches that count. Why would you ever wrestle matches if you where healing from a serious injury unless you're at the big Ten or NCAA tournament?

I like Micic over Parker, and Preisch over Abounader.

Micic is way better than Parker. Micic is absolutely incredible. I think he is Seth Gross’s biggest challenger.

I don’t quite understand the Abounder love. He is solid, but Preisch has looked far more impressive

Treep 2000. What are the only matches that really matter to most wrestlers?  Then when you wrestle those matches , the ones that really count what percent do you want your physical health to be at . Maybe 80% or 70 % ? I don't think so. Regular season dual matches and tournaments are really just preliminary. They just get you ready for the matches that count. Why would you ever wrestle matches if you where healing from a serious injury unless you're at the big Ten or NCAA tournament?

This is funny, and sad at the same time.  

As someone whose wrestling career was cut short by a serious injury, I find this perspective to be disheartening and downright disrespectful (not that you are being disrespectful, it's just those that carry that opinion).  

I would give much to be able to get on the mat, putting my "credentials" or "record" on the line, to be able to compete once more.  I find it disheartening to hear that some may feel that wrestling "only those matches that matter the most" is an actual sentiment of some wrestlers.  If that's the case... I question their motivation for wrestling in the first place.  

Please note Paul158, I never said anything about a wrestler not wrestling due to "serious injury".  I would never expect NaTo to wrestle prior to when his doctor releases him to do so.  However, how many times has the tOSU (or another schools) roster been modified due to someone coming down with the sniffles, or... simply not wanting to (but calling it a medical reason).  

This is where I call shenanigans.