Sign in to follow this  
treep2000

165 Prediction

http://www.flowrestling.org/article/62883-ncaa-preview-predictions-165-pounds#.We45hlVKtEY

This is SICK.

In my gut, I have Marstellar taking 2nd or 3rd, to IMAR.   Chance has shown, at least FS-wise, that he has the moxy and the chops to place VERY high.  I do think IMAR has his number right now though. 

Sadly, I then have Massa over Joseph.  I just think this weight is SO deep, that anyone Top 4 is capable and worthy of the NC title.  

So many things can happen during the season, let alone the tourney.  This one is going to be REALLY fun to watch play out.

I like Vincenzo or I Mar. Massa is 3rd right now. I read that article and I disagree with it for one simple reason. I never once got the impression that Massa was going to beat I Mar. Cenzo did a number on I Mar in the finals, and he wasn't all that far from what would have been a late winning TD against him one other time too.

Marstellar IS a wild card, though. If he is 100% dedicated he can do big things. 

Edited by TBar1977

I really look forward to a rematch between Imar and Joseph to see how Imar adjusts. After he lost to Nolf, he adjusted pretty well figuring out how to beat him consistently..

Yeah.  But, we may also see just how instrumental Perry was to those adjustments.  I have always been really high on IMar.  Up until that NCAA Finals match, I saw NOTHING to lead me to believe he was going to lose a match last season.  Joseph slowed him down in one of the other matches, but did nothing offensively to make me believe that Finals result was remotely possible. 

I will still be picking IMar with confidence.  Even after losing Perry, Poeta may have some new positive influence.   I will take the guy that is 98-2!

Edited by MSU158

I like Vincenzo or I Mar. Massa is 3rd right now. I read that article and I disagree with it for one simple reason. I never once got the impression that Massa was going to beat I Mar. Cenzo did a number on I Mar in the finals, and he wasn't all that far from what would have been a late winning TD against him one other time too.

Marstellar IS a wild card, though. If he is 100% dedicated he can do big things.

iMar controlled Massa well and did exactly what he needed to do to win.

Massa however is super young and may very well jump levels. At the very least, he showed he could hang with Cenzo, which is damn impressive.

It is possible Massa doesn’t have to beat iMar. While I’m picking iMar, depending on seeds, Massa may end up just having to face the winner of Cenzo - iMar.

Wouldn't it be interesting if the staff at Lock Haven turns Marstellar around to the point where he wins a championship against some of the best rooms in the country.  We could have the two best 165 wrestlers practicing 30 minutes from each other.

ALL the while I like to give the benefit of any doubts to the returning champ in the weight class. Who is it that takes any major sort of 'jump' forward from last year ?

Most of the aforementioned at this weight have the I Mar double under figured out.  For me, that in and of itself pulls much of the (65) field back to I Mar.  Though, as

I said I go with the returning champ until one of these guys knocks him down.

Edited by denny

Wouldn't it be interesting if the staff at Lock Haven turns Marstellar around to the point where he wins a championship against some of the best rooms in the country. We could have the two best 165 wrestlers practicing 30 minutes from each other.

You mean that every top 5 kid would actually realize you can win at a different school than the now standard top 4?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Wouldn't it be interesting if the staff at Lock Haven turns Marstellar around to the point where he wins a championship against some of the best rooms in the country. We could have the two best 165 wrestlers practicing 30 minutes from each other.

He has a tough road to the finals, let alone winning the championship.

I can't see Chance winning the title unless several of the top guys are out of the tournament.

He doesn't have enough gas in his tank.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I'll be impressed if Marsteller AA's. This isnt freestyle and the weight is deep with kids who have past folkstyle success (at this level).

Can he snipe some top 5 wins throughout the year? Sure... but dont get your feels all in a bundle dreaming of his highschool success, expecting him to come out a completely different athlete than what we saw at OSU just because he did well in freestyle. (Please dont reference the weight cut or drugs ill chuckle too hard at your delusional self)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Edited by spladle08

Oh and for the record I think Massa gains confidence and skill and becomes the man to beat, Imar 2nd and then who knows, Cenzo has the title but could see him anywhere from finals to 8th. Dont doubt he will AA just where

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

To clarify, I like Imar and Valencia as a fan, not necessarily to win. Valencia really struggles on the mat. His match with Massa when down wrecked him and I think it wrecked him going forward. Imar is really stressful to watch for a fan. I agree with Massa potentially have the best upside, he is fun to watch.Venzo is an enigma, it doesn't seem he should win,but win he did. And did so with a style that is repeatable. Marstellar seems to have congenital lungs issues, this is more problematic in folk then free and it hurt him in free (duh). I am not sure how you get past that.

I wouldnt

That doesn't surprise me.  You tend to ignore actual results in favor of your personal eye test.  You told us all how watching the film of Brooks beating MyMar twice made you even more confident of MyMar at NCAAs.  I am guessing you broke down video of Rogers finishing 5th while none of those guys AA'd to reach your conclusion.