Sign in to follow this  
russling

Illinois Lineup

Can anyone post the potential starting lineup?

125:Piotrowski-Went 19-15 as True Freshman, improving as the year went on taking 4th at B1G's and going 1-2 at NCAA's.

133:Duncan-Went 12-5 as a redshirt, winning a couple of matches at Midlands.

141:Jodeh/Edelen/Carr  Jodeh and Edelen struggled so I would think Carr should have the inside track coming off a redshirt as a 2X PA Champ, but don't know much about him at DI level.

149:Thurston is coming off redshirt and should take the spot,but Barone was an NCAA qualifier and should challenge for it.

157:Langenderfer-His last hoorah.  Took 3rd at B1G's last season and showed flashes. Could be a R12 type.

165:Martinez-Enough said.

174:Montalvo-Very young and unproven at this weight.

184:Parker-Went 30-10 and 2-2 at NCAA's.  Tough kid at a deep weight last year that thins out a bit this year.  Should make the podium.

197:Lee-Struggled last year at 10-15, but there isn't much strength at this weight with maybe a RSFR Kibler challenging for the spot.

285:Black-His last hoorah as well.  Has a decent chance to get that elusive AA that someone ranked as high as him coming into DI was expected to do.

They need to find a way to keep homegrown talent in state. Hopefully with poeta joining the staff we see more Illinois blue chippers choose the Illini

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, well said. I did the first 12 yrs of my wrestling right there in the Land of Lincoln. Grew up in the northwestern burbs.

Folks, right there in my back yard was/ is a major hotbed for HS wrestling ( and pre HS). Yet, that BIG school in the middle

of the state gets beat down for the top talent in Illinois. Some years the Illini are successful and get of few of the really good

good ones at the state meat. There is no continuity to that, however. I am still waiting on the Illini. That is, waiting to see an

Illinois wrestling team take it all.....back to Champaign Urbana, Illinois.

Right there with you Den, northwest burbs born and raised.  With Poeta its a step in the right direction.  He has built himself quite a following with his club of middle school and high school wrestlers.  I'm thinking once one blue chipper chooses the blue and orange more will follow.

125:Piotrowski-Went 19-15 as True Freshman, improving as the year went on taking 4th at B1G's and going 1-2 at NCAA's.

133:Duncan-Went 12-5 as a redshirt, winning a couple of matches at Midlands.

141:Jodeh/Edelen/Carr  Jodeh and Edelen struggled so I would think Carr should have the inside track coming off a redshirt as a 2X PA Champ, but don't know much about him at DI level.

149:Thurston is coming off redshirt and should take the spot,but Barone was an NCAA qualifier and should challenge for it.

157:Langenderfer-His last hoorah.  Took 3rd at B1G's last season and showed flashes. Could be a R12 type.

165:Martinez-Enough said.

174:Montalvo-Very young and unproven at this weight.

184:Parker-Went 30-10 and 2-2 at NCAA's.  Tough kid at a deep weight last year that thins out a bit this year.  Should make the podium.

197:Lee-Struggled last year at 10-15, but there isn't much strength at this weight with maybe a RSFR Kibler challenging for the spot.

285:Black-His last hoorah as well.  Has a decent chance to get that elusive AA that someone ranked as high as him coming into DI was expected to do.

thanks

Mizzou is going to thump 'em.  +15 points at least.

I don't expect Missouri to "thump 'em".

Piotrowski can certainly beat McGhee

Duncan can certainly beat Erneste

Barone can certainly beat Grant Leeth

Langenderfer will compete with Lavallee

Martinez will dominate

Parker can certainly beat Wisman

and Brooks Black should beat Myers.

I expect a close and competitive dual.

I don't expect Missouri to "thump 'em".

Piotrowski can certainly beat McGhee

Duncan can certainly beat Erneste