• Please log in to reply
55 replies to this topic

#1 Abdullahgadzhi Khuzin

Abdullahgadzhi Khuzin

Silver Member

• Members
  • 1,620 posts

Posted 30 October 2017 - 06:17 AM

For a long time you did not communicate, how are you?

- Everything is good, I am preparing for a new season. He started training since mid-September as soon as he returned from Hajj, where he left immediately after the World Champ's. I feel good, the desire to wrestling and win is not lost. So soon you will see me on the carpet.

- I would like to return to the World Championships in Paris. All the experts unanimously said that Kyle Snyder was quite tough for you, and you lost to him only because of the miscalculations made during the preparatory period.

- I was preparing normally, mistakes were made directly in the wrestling, I built it incorrectly. I had to act a little differently.

- In one of his interviews Snyder said that he was specially preparing for a wrestling  with you, he, along with the US national team coach Bill Zedik, looked through the video of your fights, they sorted them out, thought out the action plan, tactics. Maybe this played a decisive role?

"I do not know how much it helped him." For me, he was just as much a rival as everyone else. At all I tune in the most serious way.

- You are losing weight to many rivals, including Snyder, and this can be seen with the naked eye. Do not you think to gain weight or go into another category?

- My working weight suits me perfectly, and I feel fine in the light heavy category, so I have no plans to change something in this respect.

- After the Olympics, you often had to attend various ceremonial events as an honored guest. For sure, your name is now, does not interfere with the training process?

- Yes, it hinders, but how to deny people who invite you from the heart, show respect to you! You will not go, they can be offended, they will say that they are conceited. This year, often had to be distracted by these activities, there were other cases not related to the struggle that I had to do. So, I underwent surgery, played a wedding, a lot of trouble was associated with the opening of my school's sports school in Makhachkala. But now all this fuss is over, and I'm completely focused on the wrestling .

- Where do you train now?

- Both in the Gamidov WC , and in my club, but more recently in my club. Recently, we finally brought it to mind. We were given the building of the school after repairs, but we did not like it, there were a lot of things missing, many things needed to be remade. So, thanks to the help of Suleiman Kerimov and Magomed Hajiyev, we made anew repairs in the locker rooms, gym, led to the divine appearance of other rooms, purchased modern sports equipment, we had a good sauna, a cozy dining room with inexpensive prices. That is, all the conditions for the training process have been created, and one can say that the school has already earned its full power.

- I can not help but ask about the post in social networks, which says that your first coach is forgotten by everyone and lives in great need. Have you seen this publication?

"I saw it, but it's not true." I trained with Magomed Magomedov before grade 11, after which I moved to Makhachkala, and I always remember what he did for me. He is not only my first coach, but also my father's friend. Whenever I visit the village of Tsurib, I always visit him. In social networks they put a photo of his barn, but he lives in a normal rural house, there is still a house in the suburbs of Makhachkala-Leninkent where his son, a student of the medical institute, lives. No matter how much he likes, Magomed Alikhanovich is not forgotten, he was honored with me in the district, this year he received the title of Honored Coach of Russia, in honor of him in Tsurib held a tournament. I gave him a car from myself. Magomed Alikhanovich is full of strength and energy, is engaged in his favorite business, brings up new champions. I do not understand why it was necessary to expose this unverified information?

- There are many tournaments in autumn. Almost all the leading Russian wrestlers were already on the carpet. Do not plan to compete somewhere before the end of the year?

"Perhaps I'll speak somewhere." I think one start I would not interfere with during the preparation for the Yarygin Grand Prix. Since the tournament in Krasnoyarsk, I will start a new season.

4d8ac047d0558a99cd899237dd9ca985.jpg

• pawrestler and 2td3nf like this
The opinions and views expressed in my posts, are intended to promote Russian international styles wrestling and international wrestling in general. Please excuse misspellings, misunderstandings, or misinterpretations. I am doing my very best to communicate in English, but it is a work in progress. I speak several languages, but I am still learning context, culture, and local tradition. I love USA and I am doing my best to be a great ambassador. Thank you for understanding.

#2 hammerlockthree

hammerlockthree

Gold Member

• Members
  • 2,291 posts

Posted 30 October 2017 - 06:55 AM

Was this translated by Bing or something.

#3 wrestlingnerd

wrestlingnerd

Gold Member

• Members
  • 6,634 posts

Posted 30 October 2017 - 08:35 AM

Props to him for not taking the bait on any excuses. I do find some of them credible, but they are excuses nevertheless. I think it’s a big mistake for Sadulaev to not commit to adding more weight. He is clearly undersized and against Snyder, who is still improving, arguably at a higher rate than Sadulaev, that will be a costly mistake again and again.
  • pawrestler likes this

#4 bwh27

bwh27

Gold Member

• Members
  • 4,189 posts

Posted 30 October 2017 - 08:43 AM

It's unclear to me whether he plans to wrestle Yarygin, can anyone tell?

#5 steamboat_charlie

steamboat_charlie

Bronze Member

• Members
  • 675 posts

Posted 30 October 2017 - 08:58 AM

It's unclear to me whether he plans to wrestle Yarygin, can anyone tell?

I could be wrong, but I believe what that translation is meant to say is that he may compete once, provided it does not interfere with his preparation for Yarygin (which he doesn't think it would).  

#6 wrestlingnerd

wrestlingnerd

Gold Member

• Members
  • 6,634 posts

Posted 30 October 2017 - 09:37 AM

I could be wrong, but I believe what that translation is meant to say is that he may compete once, provided it does not interfere with his preparation for Yarygin (which he doesn't think it would).  

That's how I read it too and it would be very smart of him to get another look at Snyder before it really matters. That alone is reason enough to go, and I highly doubt Snyder would not go to deny him that opportunity (if anything, Snyder strikes as the type to want to go more if Sadulaev goes). I think the more these two wrestle, the better for Sadulaev, since he has a bigger tool kit from which to build a winning strategy.

#7 2td3nf

2td3nf

Silver Member

• Members
  • 1,366 posts

Posted 30 October 2017 - 10:39 AM

Alright great, we may see Sadulaev vs Snyder at the Yarygin. 

Last year all the Russian wrestlers were on the opposite side of Kyle's bracket.............. If they can do that, then sure wish they would separate wrestlers from same teams (when possible)......for example, Futrell vs Stieber first round after traveling all the way to Krasnoyarsk?

How will it work at the Schultz if two wrestlers enter from same country in same weight class? If say Russia had 2 entries at 65kg would they be separated into opposite brackets or just thrown in there? 

#8 wfan24

wfan24

Bronze Member

• Members
  • 246 posts

Posted 30 October 2017 - 10:47 AM

I read the original interview in Russian, source here:  http://wrestdag.ru/n..._novomu_sezonu/

Yes, from what I read, he will compete in the Yarigin --this will be the start of the season for him. So him and Snyder will meet there for sure.

From reading the interview, Sad doesn't seem too concerned with Snyder or others. I believe the reason is that he knows he was far from ready in 2017 and that he will be fine if he prepares as normal. I am actually shocked he wrestled in 2017 at all knowing the side effects of some of those weddings :)

• 2td3nf likes this

#9 ConnorsDad

ConnorsDad

Bronze Member

• Members
  • 609 posts

Posted 30 October 2017 - 03:51 PM

Why do the best professional wrestlers in the world, regardless of their country, wrestle so infrequently? What other professional sports athletes take an entire year off unless they absolutely have to because of injury? Maybe we shouldn't compete as much as they do in college but one or two tournaments a year (at most for some), to me, doesn't seem like you're wrestling enough to get better. I'm not just referring to the Tank but American wrestlers and any other countries. Nobody said you had to cut weight every time but taking an entire year off to me seems ludicrous. It's almost like these guys have gotten to that point where they're done with college, maybe the best in the world and don't think they should have to work as hard anymore except for the odd ones like Kyle Snyder. Just wondering.

#10 Billyhoyle

Billyhoyle

Gold Member

• Members
  • 2,515 posts

Posted 30 October 2017 - 03:54 PM

Why do the best professional wrestlers in the world, regardless of their country, wrestle so infrequently? What other professional sports athletes take an entire year off unless they absolutely have to because of injury? Maybe we shouldn't compete as much as they do in college but one or two tournaments a year (at most for some), to me, doesn't seem like you're wrestling enough to get better. I'm not just referring to the Tank but American wrestlers and any other countries. Nobody said you had to cut weight every time but taking an entire year off to me seems ludicrous. It's almost like these guys have gotten to that point where they're done with college, maybe the best in the world and don't think they should have to work as hard anymore except for the odd ones like Kyle Snyder. Just wondering.

Boxing, MMA, Swimming, Track. 

#11 wrestlingnerd

wrestlingnerd

Gold Member

• Members
  • 6,634 posts

Posted 30 October 2017 - 04:10 PM

Boxing and MMA are two sports that require few competitions a year given the health risks involved. Wrestling is not really comparable to them. I don’t know enough about swimming and track to have a good view on them, but at least for wrestling, I think part of the answer is practical: lack of funding.

Virtually all of the meaningful events in wrestling require international travel, which would be a financial afterthought in many sports but could be one of the biggest obstacles for wrestling. Sadly, Russia is unique in its ability to, at once, gain more than adequate financial support but then have it evaporate into the pockets of the kleptocracy that runs wrestling—an incredible shame.

#12 wfan24

wfan24

Bronze Member

• Members
  • 246 posts

Posted 30 October 2017 - 07:15 PM

Reading Sad's interviews and his coach and also listening to Sad, he seems super stable mentally and confident. 

I believe that as Sad gets more used to 97kg (actually being in shape, +3kg, same speed, feels the 97kg opponents) he will be extremely hard to beat, by Snyder or others. I think he also knows that. My prediction is that he will beat Snyder 5:1 or something in that range if they meet at Yaryigin. IMO, the difference maker will be that Sad can get to Snyder's legs in open space (as we saw in match 1) while Snyder couldn't. I also doubt either makes the same silly mistakes near the edge of the mat again where most of the points came for both.

Anyway, great match-up for wrestling. I hope they both stay healthy so we can say 5-6 match-ups between them. Also want to see Geduev vs. Yazdani again.

Edited by wfan24, 30 October 2017 - 07:22 PM.

#13 wrestlingnerd

wrestlingnerd

Gold Member

• Members
  • 6,634 posts

Posted 30 October 2017 - 11:14 PM

Sadulaev said in that interview he is not planning to bulk up at all. Huge mistake, in my opinion. It wasn’t just against Snyder hat he looked less effective due to the size difference either. He really did look the part of a guy wrestling up a weight without having added any size. I don’t think Sadulaev beats Snyder by more than a point, if at all, unless he puts on more size. Snyder looked like he could go hard for another period while Sadulaev was done with a minute or two to go. I could see even a more in shape Sadulaev get taken into deep waters again by Snyder.

Edited by wrestlingnerd, 30 October 2017 - 11:16 PM.

#14 Abdullahgadzhi Khuzin

Abdullahgadzhi Khuzin

Silver Member

• Members
  • 1,620 posts

Posted 31 October 2017 - 03:53 AM

Was this translated by Bing or something.

this has been translated by google lol. I was lazy for it. sorry. In next time for u i will do nice job :) 

• hammerlockthree likes this
The opinions and views expressed in my posts, are intended to promote Russian international styles wrestling and international wrestling in general. Please excuse misspellings, misunderstandings, or misinterpretations. I am doing my very best to communicate in English, but it is a work in progress. I speak several languages, but I am still learning context, culture, and local tradition. I love USA and I am doing my best to be a great ambassador. Thank you for understanding.

#15 Abdullahgadzhi Khuzin

Abdullahgadzhi Khuzin

Silver Member

• Members
  • 1,620 posts

Posted 31 October 2017 - 03:54 AM

Reading Sad's interviews and his coach and also listening to Sad, he seems super stable mentally and confident. 

I believe that as Sad gets more used to 97kg (actually being in shape, +3kg, same speed, feels the 97kg opponents) he will be extremely hard to beat, by Snyder or others. I think he also knows that. My prediction is that he will beat Snyder 5:1 or something in that range if they meet at Yaryigin. IMO, the difference maker will be that Sad can get to Snyder's legs in open space (as we saw in match 1) while Snyder couldn't. I also doubt either makes the same silly mistakes near the edge of the mat again where most of the points came for both.

Anyway, great match-up for wrestling. I hope they both stay healthy so we can say 5-6 match-ups between them. Also want to see Geduev vs. Yazdani again.

2018 will has new categories 90 kg. 

#16 wfan24

wfan24

Bronze Member

• Members
  • 246 posts

Posted 31 October 2017 - 08:27 AM

wrestlingnerd, I agree. I watched his match with Ketoev...Sad didn't get a single takedown. He looked less effective than normal in most of his matches.

#17 WillieBoy

WillieBoy

Silver Member

• Members
  • 1,063 posts

Posted 31 October 2017 - 12:36 PM

Boxing, MMA, Swimming, Track. 

When I was a kid we saw a lot of boxers fighting often. Not taking long months and even a year off between fights. Was easy to see guys with more than 50 fights regularly. Before my time we had Joe Lewis at heavyweight with his "bum of the month" club.

Fighters fought to stay sharp and earn paychecks. Still hype but a lot less due to the times and publicity opportunities.

#18 hammerlockthree

hammerlockthree

Gold Member

• Members
  • 2,291 posts

Posted 31 October 2017 - 01:04 PM

this has been translated by google lol. I was lazy for it. sorry. In next time for u i will do nice job :) 

i appreciate your contribution. 

• Abdullahgadzhi Khuzin likes this

#19 wfan24

wfan24

Bronze Member

• Members
  • 246 posts

Posted 31 October 2017 - 06:53 PM

Reading around I believe what happened with Sadulaev's move to 97kg was roughly:

- Russia is strong at 86kg (with Geduev moving there as well) while at 97kg its iffy with the retirement of Gadisov and Boltukaev's inconsistencies. So they asked Sad to move to 97kg despite the fact he is walking at 91-92kg. Sad basically gives them a medal at 97kg, some color that is. So Russia is stronger as a team with Sad at 97kg.

- However, the move is bad for Sad himself. He is 15-20 pounds undersized at this weight which is massive and increases his chances of losing and worse, injury. In reading his interviews, I did not detect enthusiasm from the beginning for moving to 97kg -- there was even an interview with him and Gadisov and Sajidov on this and Sad said that he isn't sure it makes sense for him. I think he wanted to do a match or a smaller tournament or two, but not permanently. But now that he accepted he has to stay put otherwise will look like he is running away from a challenge.

Nonetheless, I believe Sad will be a world champ at 97kg in 2018 -- I don't think 2017 is actually representative for him at 97kg for many reasons. I think Snyder , Baytsev, and others will have a very very tough time with him in 2018. I don't think he gets tired again in this way, is more used to 97kg, and taking Sad down from open space  is super hard. I'd say 2018 is actually the year that is representative for him at 97kg so I am looking forward to see how he wrestles.

That said, this is for sure not sustainable. Rolling around with the bigger boys and constantly giving up 15-20 pounds, even if he wins, is just not great for his longevity in the sport and overall health. 

Edited by wfan24, 31 October 2017 - 07:10 PM.

#20 Billyhoyle

Billyhoyle

Gold Member

• Members
  • 2,515 posts

Posted 31 October 2017 - 10:52 PM

Boxing and MMA are two sports that require few competitions a year given the health risks involved. Wrestling is not really comparable to them. I don’t know enough about swimming and track to have a good view on them, but at least for wrestling, I think part of the answer is practical: lack of funding.

Virtually all of the meaningful events in wrestling require international travel, which would be a financial afterthought in many sports but could be one of the biggest obstacles for wrestling. Sadly, Russia is unique in its ability to, at once, gain more than adequate financial support but then have it evaporate into the pockets of the kleptocracy that runs wrestling—an incredible shame.

The boxing/mma time off is partly injury and partly providing time to hype the fight. Keeping fans from being fatigued of seeing the same athletes too frequently. The other big thing is the weight cut. International wrestlers, boxers, and MMA fighters all cut more weight than NCAA wrestlers with their hour before weigh ins. Maybe the new international rules will lead to ppl competing more if the weight cut isn't as bad.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users