Sign in to follow this  
Abdullahgadzhi Khuzin

Sadulaev news

I've heard he was ~92kg for the match. He probably easily gave up 10kg wrestling up in that class. 

Reading the Russian interview, there is something deeply unclear why Sad is at 97kg to start with. Seem people are for, some were strongly against, etc. Sad himself doesn't seem to care.

mspart, on 07 Nov 2017 - 7:05 PM, said:

Even undersized, he easily took 2nd and almost got 1st.  Kind of like Adam Saitiev.  There was another monster. 

mspart

Right, and Sadulaev had to wrestle 5 matches in Paris whereas the #1 seed Snyder only had to wrestle 4 matches in Paris. 

And going back to 2017 Russian Nationals, an undersized Sadulaev teched his way to the finals (going off top of my head, might be wrong here) but just squeaked by a much bigger Batsaev 8-7 to win Russian National gold up at 97kg. After seeing that result it was obvious that Sadulaev was not as invincible up at 97 as he was at 86. (I know, the post Olympic year, his wedding, lack of training, etc may have been a factor too.)

Fast forward to Paris and we do get our blockbuster final with 2 of the best p4p's battling for the 97kg World championship belt as well as a Russia vs USA team title up for grabs. Snyder beats Sadulaev and ends the Russian's long and dominant winning streak.

So yes, it will be real interesting to see if Sadulaev stays up at 97kg and will be real fun if we get a Sadulaev vs Snyder rematch at the Yarygin or maybe even at 2018 Worlds.

Sadulaev is still one of the best p4p, but the fact that Kyle already beat him (with everything on the line), plus the size difference should make Snyder a very tough opponent for Sadulaev to beat in the future. 

Should be fascinating to see how this plays out between 2 of the best wrestlers on the planet.

Right, and Sadulaev had to wrestle 5 matches in Paris whereas the #1 seed Snyder only had to wrestle 4 matches in Paris.

And going back to 2017 Russian Nationals, an undersized Sadulaev teched his way to the finals (going off top of my head, might be wrong here) but just squeaked by a much bigger Batsaev 8-7 to win Russian National gold up at 97kg. After seeing that result it was obvious that Sadulaev was not as invincible up at 97 as he was at 86. (I know, the post Olympic year, his wedding, lack of training, etc may have been a factor too.)

Fast forward to Paris and we do get our blockbuster final with 2 of the best p4p's battling for the 97kg World championship belt as well as a Russia vs USA team title up for grabs. Snyder beats Sadulaev and ends the Russian's long and dominant winning streak.

So yes, it will be real interesting to see if Sadulaev stays up at 97kg and will be real fun if we get a Sadulaev vs Snyder rematch at the Yarygin or maybe even at 2018 Worlds.

Sadulaev is still one of the best p4p, but the fact that Kyle already beat him (with everything on the line), plus the size difference should make Snyder a very tough opponent for Sadulaev to beat in the future.

Should be fascinating to see how this plays out between 2 of the best wrestlers on the planet.

I look at the, bad draw, tougher draw, harder matches, thing as excuses. If you are the best pound for pound guy, going into a tournament, you get what you get. Everybody, and there brother, sister, cousin, uncle, and aunt, makes these excuses. The one person who hasn't done so is Sadulaev. He may have suggested his preparation was off, but didn't go to the other stuff. Silliness and absurd to make those excuses. Discussion board fodder and butt hurt folks who can't except he lost, and nothing more.

Sad semis match was close-2-0 in this scoring system is very close. Ketov was stronger than he was-very evident-he is just old. I bet we see him at 202 in 2018 , 2019. And 189 in 2020. I think he avoids Snyder. Cox will be a much easier win for him. The only problem with going 202 is people are going 202 to avoid Snyder like Gadsen probably. Ketov will probably be 202 and a host of others. It could be a stacked weight.

Edited by PRyan2012

Completely agree that Sadulaev, while he will never have the arsenal of Saitiev (join the club), does a lot of extremely subtle bits of technical brilliance which few are capable of.  The unique elbow control he uses for his firemens and the little foot scoop elevator he does on his gut wrench come to mind. 

A Saitev wrestled 149 his first year at the senior level. I always think he could have been greater that B Satiev which is hard to imagine. Adam was much smaller for weight (187) than Sad is for (213). B Satiev was much more suited for 185-built like Taylor but Sajidov came along and owned both Saitiev brothers. Sajidov sent Gatsalov to 213 and kept B Satiev at 163 and kept Adam from the making the team from 03-07. To bad Sajidov torn a disc in his lower back in 2005. He still won another world title with injections to get him through. I would take Sajidov and Gatsalov in their primes over Sad. Funny that Sajidov is Sad's coach. I may change my mind there but Sad needs to go back to 189 abd try to become the greatest ever. I hope he doesn't do something stupid like Sharipov did. Plus wrestling much bigger guys all the time is harder on your body which could hurt his longevity.

Edited by PRyan2012