Sign in to follow this  
squeek

Wrestle Off Upsets

Is Shields really an upset? I had him winning that all the way

I'm sorry azz clown. I think the majority of folks who read the thread topic will get the jist of what I am asking. I didn't post this just for petty childish rebuttals. If it will appease your perception, how about: Upsets, or 40/60 match ups, or just a simple "well this might surprise someone".

Sent from my P00I using Tapatalk

Although still unfinished, I'd put the "closeness" of the McKenna / Hayes match on the radar.  Either Joey isn't as good as people thought, or conversely, Hayes is a LOT better than people thought.  Either way, with a razor thin win by McKenna, it's raising my eyebrows (and man, they're heavy since they are so bushy).

Joey proved he's as good as people (at least reasonable people) thought by winning U23 trials, so I'm going with Hayes is better than a lot thought. 

I do think Joey has a style that can be figured out a little if you wrestle him a lot, relying on a couple of go-to moves that are set up almost always the same way, so I'm not as bothered by the closeness of the match with Hayes, who is a high-level guy himself. I've stopped paying much attention to matches between high-level team mates for this reason. I've been really surprised at some results between team mates in the past that don't reflect results against the field.

I'm sorry azz clown. I think the majority of folks who read the thread topic will get the jist of what I am asking. I didn't post this just for petty childish rebuttals. If it will appease your perception, how about: Upsets, or 40/60 match ups, or just a simple "well this might surprise someone".

You mad bro? Childish rebuttal? At clown?? Man get over yourself dude, and you didn't send that weak sauce my direction. How on earth can you get so insensitive with such a simple question?

Assclown....a  person, who  while under the influence, makes a complete fool of himself while attempting humor....

not sure if he qualifies without a sobriety check........

whether to use Assclown or Asshat. these are the kinds of things that keep me up at night

take your pick 

http://wikidiff.com/assclown/asshat

Edited by gromit

Flo pushed a rumor today that Cassar beat McCutcheon and Nick Lee beat Cortez handily. I don't necessarily consider either of those results - if indeed they are true results - to be all that much of an upset. Just posting because its out there now. 

EDIT: Rumor has it Nick Lee beat Cortez 14-1.

Edited by TBar1977

This ^

I apologize for unfairly characterizing a two time AA with a national championship to his credit losing a wrestle off to a guy who has Zero NCAA AA accolades to his credit as an upset. After all Shields was the #9 seed last year. If it wasn't for his losses to also ZERO time AAs Clagon and Rahmini, their resumes would be almost identical.

My bad.

I apologize for unfairly characterizing a two time AA with a national championship to his credit losing a wrestle off to a guy who has Zero NCAA AA accolades to his credit as an upset. After all Shields was the #9 seed last year. If it wasn't for his losses to also ZERO time AAs Clagon and Rahmini, their resumes would be almost identical.

My bad.

clagon was an AA freshmen year

clagon was an AA freshmen year

I am really sorry....... I am embarrassed.

I am wrong

Now I have insulted two guys on the same thread without intent.

Shields is far more credentialed than I am giving him credit for.

Clagon is a prior AA in 2015 (5th) where he ironically lost to Tsirtsis in the consi semis

I am wrong

Clagon is a prior AA in 2015 (5th) where he ironically lost to Tsirtsis in the consi semis

Wasn’t that the year before the more recent NCAA appearance, in which Tsirtsis flamed out, going 2-2 and getting bounced from the tourney by a dud(e) who didn’t even AA? What did Tsirtsis go that year, 17-11? Talk about a downward trend: 1-3-R16.

Yeah, I had Shields as the favorite to win the 157 spot at ASU.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was just making a simple comment that Shields was favored in my opinion. Your reaction was surprising but it's all good.

I am wrong

I totally endorse your posts, even if I don't fully agree with them. Why should you feel any less welcome here than anyone else? So hop on board and stick to your guns. 

.... 'asshat"- one whom has their head up there ass-thus wearing there ass as a hat.....   that's a good one, although it seems

backwards.....

WAIT WAIT WAIT!!!!...We've had the asshat defintion discussion over on the Dog sledding Doping scandal thread.....Is this the correct definition of what an asshat is?!

(God I'm glad the season is here ha)

Regarding McKenna v Hayes:

Based on my viewing of the first match, McKenna is small while Hayes is lanky and can fill out at 149.  I also think Hayes had the first match in hand and blew it.  

Nothing is certain at this time of year and injuries/coaching considerations could have a major impact on how lineups shake out both at Ohio State and elsewhere.

Wasn’t that the year before the more recent NCAA appearance, in which Tsirtsis flamed out, going 2-2 and getting bounced from the tourney by a dud(e) who didn’t even AA? What did Tsirtsis go that year, 17-11? Talk about a downward trend: 1-3-R16.

Yeah, I had Shields as the favorite to win the 157 spot at ASU.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It now appears as though Tsirtsis is the #3 157 in the ASU room.