There were funeral services held for Bill Nelson in Tucson, Az. on Fri. September 29, 2017. The services were up on Craycroft Rd in the same church where Dyann and I were Wed.
Bill did lots for our sport. Here are just a few that I dug up:
* A 3 X NCAA champion for Northern Iowa University
* He was a member of the 1948 Olympic Team
* Bill coached at the U of Arizona-where he led the Wildcats to seven
top-20 finishes at the NCAA finals.
* Inducted into the U of Arizona Sports Hall of Fame
* Bill brought the NCAA Championships to Tucson in 1976
A fond farewell to Bill Nelson - a champion for all