Not to derail this thread but what if Jordan Burroughs doesn't get his medical redshirt his senior year. From my understanding if he would of wrestled a couple more matches he would of been denied his medical redshirt.

Does JB go on to do what he has done in his international career, or does he get a job with his college education?

I believe he made it by one match. Didn’t he miss a dual or tourney due to a funeral? That was what kept him under the cutoff for the medical RS.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Jake Deitchler Only collegiate loss was a close one to Kyle Dake. Had wins over AA's Steven Monk and Dylan Alton in his short career. Retired due to concussions. Now helps run Pinnacle in MN.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not to mention making the Olympics as a high schooler.

Matt Dragon

This will definitely get overshadowed by a few other big names but this is a great obscure pick. He is a year older than me and from the same area so I watched him wrestle from junior high. Had a tech fall in the state finals as a senior. Wrestled Eckloff who was a 3x AAA state champ in a tournament a few weeks later and majors him 10-2. Almost beats Metcalf at the Dapper Dan (some feel he did). Then goes to Penn and destroys his shoulder (iirc) and was never the same. He was a specimen. Really a super nice kid too. 

I remember his Junior year, his high school made it to the state tournament and was wrestling Octorara. There was a lot of build up for the marquee match which was he and Mike Letts. Both were ranked in the top 5 in the state at the time. Dragon 16-0'd him in a little over a period. He was a lot like David Taylor in that if you were even a fraction of a level below him, he was going to completely embarrass you. Really fun to watch. 

This will definitely get overshadowed by a few other big names but this is a great obscure pick. He is a year older than me and from the same area so I watched him wrestle from junior high. Had a tech fall in the state finals as a senior. Wrestled Eckloff who was a 3x AAA state champ in a tournament a few weeks later and majors him 10-2. Almost beats Metcalf at the Dapper Dan (some feel he did). Then goes to Penn and destroys his shoulder (iirc) and was never the same. He was a specimen. Really a super nice kid too. 

I remember his Junior year, his high school made it to the state tournament and was wrestling Octorara. There was a lot of build up for the marquee match which was he and Mike Letts. Both were ranked in the top 5 in the state at the time. Dragon 16-0'd him in a little over a period. He was a lot like David Taylor in that if you were even a fraction of a level below him, he was going to completely embarrass you. Really fun to watch. 

I remember watching ihs Dapper Dan match with Metcalf... what a battle that was! His first 4 points in the match was a thing of beauty!

Also worth noting that Eckloff beat Donnie Jones (younger brother of Greg and Vertus) that season in the state final in a battle of 2x champs going for their 3rd. I think it was something like 10-3. He was no joke and Dragon tore through him. 

Bryce Brill at Northwestern is a guy I was really psyched to see. A neck is nothing to mess with. Awesome kid, too.

Was Alex Tirapelle injured after his freshman year runner-up finish?

Tirapelle, no he wasn’t.

Frosh yr: runner-up

Soph yr: No 1 seed and finished 4th

Junior yr: No 1 seed, loses 6-5 in quarters and 8-7 in rd of 12.

Senior yr: No 3 seed, loses 3-2tb in quarters and 6-4 in rd of 12.

Tirapelle, no he wasn’t.

Frosh yr: runner-up

Soph yr: No 1 seed and finished 4th

Junior yr: No 1 seed, loses 6-5 in quarters and 8-7 in rd of 12.

Senior yr: No 3 seed, loses 3-2tb in quarters and 6-4 in rd of 12.

Thanks, tec. I remember how he finished his career. I was a big fan of his. I just couldn't understand why he regressed and thought injuries may have played into that backslide.

Thanks, tec. I remember how he finished his career. I was a big fan of his. I just couldn't understand why he regressed and thought injuries may have played into that backslide.

almost the opposite of his older bro Adam who went rd of 12, then 3rd, 2nd, 1st

R12 as a true freshman too.