Sign in to follow this  
hammerlockthree

Morning Stroll Reactions

I agree totally, I am just asking for comments on the concept being willfully marketed, and Iowas execution of the endeavor.

I think they are a bit soft this year and are trying to keep relative. A little PR can't hurt.

Quirky is not new for the Hawks. Fortunately for us and them, they're embracing it. The stereotype is very serious, but then we get guys like Sammy Brooks poking some fun a couple years ago. Ramos, the Theatre Major. Gilman, on the other hand, was entertaining but mostly one dimensional. A few guys have been in trouble for hunting on campus over the last decade...It all makes me wonder what they say about Iowa at Cornell and Stanford. Personally, I enjoy following Iowa, and it's been pleasurable to see them lose a little this decade too.

I also like these philosophies of faith and joy we've seen emerge. They reinforce the memories I have about the brotherhood and community of Wrestling. It wasn't all about sacrifice and the grind after all, which is what I think the Gable philosophy embodied.